“Some of the best food I've ever had”
Review of Santa Lucia

Santa Lucia
Reserve with OpenTable
Santa Lucia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #56 of 335 Restaurants in Fargo
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Greek, Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located near West Acre Mall, our restaurant is a great alternative to the chain restaurants. We have all your favorite dishes from Italian restaurants and Greek restaurants along with pizza that is voted best in town year after year. Of course everything on the menu is a little better with a glass of wine. Not only are we a great place for dinner with the family, we can also host your next event in our free banquet room. We do not have set catering menus. Instead we want to work with you; ensuring that you have a great event no matter your budget.
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Who would have thought that some of the best food I've eaten would be found in Fargo. I've eaten at Mediterranean restaurants all over the country and this was better. It has some Italian dishes done in the style of Greek dishes which makes it pretty unique. The salmon picatta was delicious and I normally don't like salmon. The baklava cheesecake is easily the best desert I ever had. Jared, our server, was great. I would definitely return there again.

2  Thank cherniman
Maria S, Owner at Santa Lucia, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2016

Thank you so very much for your great review! We love reading all the fantastic compliments! I will be sure to tell chef how much you enjoyed dinner! Maria

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Having read the other reviews, we had high expectations but the service and food fell flat for us. The place was basically empty when we dined so that should have been an indication to not expect much. The gyro was the best dish we had...everything else was "eh" and inconsistent. For example, the lamb kabob was cooked decently but the sides were unappetizing...the green bean side in a tomato sauce had way too much dill making it inedible. The decor of the restaurant was quaint and had a sophisticated feel but that can't make up for the food. It was worth a try but unfortunately, we would not eat here again.

2  Thank Nodaksx6
Maria S, Owner at Santa Lucia, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2016

Thank you so very much for reviewing us, we appreciate it and will try harder to insure a better dining experience

Reviewed 1 June 2014

My husband and I were traveling from Valley City and we stopped through Fargo and decided to get a quick snack however we got a fantastic experience instead. We were told to stop at Santa Lucia by the front desk at the Holiday Inn. We walked across the street and at first weren't sure we were at the right place until we got inside. We were immediately greeted by a gorgeous ambiance and beautiful water wall. The waitress politely greeted us and promptly sat us. When we saw the menu we were some what overwhelmed but our server came over to us and recommended several great options. He was incredibly knowledgeable about the menu and it was quite refreshing having a server that was not a ditzy college girl and instead a server that was genuinely interested in our company. (I believe his name was David) He not only recommended our entrees but also paired wine for us as well. (Something my husband joked he hardly looked old enough to do). The service was impeccable. Our waiter was prompt and cordial but also very friendly. Our food came and it was great but overshadowed by the environment. It was a little more expensive then what we normally have but it was well worth it. We will definitely be back as well tell our friends and family too as well. Overall fantastic. If you get a chance to stop in be sure to try the baklava cheesecake. It was delectable.

2  Thank JennySaote
Maria S, Owner at Santa Lucia, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Hello, thank you so much for the fantastic review, Its always such a nice feeling when customers can appreciate all the hard work that goes into creating a great dining experience! Please join us again ...

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I like that I can get Italian or Greek food. And both are very good and the price is reasonable. I usually go there a few times a year for meals and have never been disappointed. I'd recommend you give them a try.

4  Thank Brian M
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stopped for a quick late lunch on a Sunday afternoon. Walking in, the restaurant's atmosphere was cozy with a Mediterranean theme and looked very tidy. The waitress was kind and friendly and knew a lot about the menu. She was quick to bring us our drink orders, warm garlic bread and sauce. I ordered the Greek Lemon Grilled Chicken and my husband had the Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken. Both entrees were generous portions and tasted great! We also ordered some Greek Home Fries which were awesome and our daughter ordered a Kids Pepperoni Pizza which she devoured in minutes! She also liked her Raspberry Iced Tea.

Great ambiance, wonderful food and friendly service! We will definitely try to visit again the next time we are in town!

3  Thank ERice7
Maria S, Owner at Santa Lucia, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Hi! Thank you so much for the great review! We are happy that you enjoyed Santa Lucia!!! OPPA!!!