“Nice hotel”

Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I just did a quick overnight for business and stayed here less than 10 hours, but it is a nice hotel for the price. The cabin decor may be a little over the top if you are not into that kind of feel, but rooms are nice size and well furnished. Fridge and micro would be a plus if you were staying awhile. Swimming pool/mini-water park looked perfect for smaller children. Breakfast a bit above average in terms of selection. Quality was typical budget hotel. My only real complaint was the comforter was way lumpy.

Room Tip: First floor rooms have direct door to parking lot. Would be good for smokers.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 February 2012

I stay here on pretty much a weekly basis for work, and this hotel is great. It's easily accessible on the main throughfare to the highway, the rooms are clean and comfortable, and most importantly for me they are welcoming to well-behaved dogs (and owners).

When I was first assigned this job I was concerned about having to travel from far away to Fargo, and I couldn't bear to leave my dog behind. My girl is a well-behaved, petite Doberman, but a lot of hotels exclude larger dogs from staying there. Fortunately the BW Kelly Inn allows dogs of all sorts, and we've had a safe, clean, comfortable exprience there.

I've also stayed at other Fargo hotels, and I prefer the BW Kelly Inn over all of them. It also helps that they're right next to a bunch of great restaurants, and you only have to walk 100 feet or less to get to Johnny Carlino's Italian restaurant. The fitness center is good, and clean (much larger than some I've seen), and they have a little business center where you can print out documents and access the Internet if you don't have your own computer. And I like the lounge - it's rustic like a lodge, and very comfortable for the free breakfast and for lounging in general. They also have a really large and nice pool for those who have kiddies that need to burn off some energy.

Room Tip: Let them know if you have a dog before you arrive, and they will put you in a room on the 1st floor...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Stayed here for a quick night on the way thru Fargo. Room was very good. Clean, quiet, comfortable. Continental breakfast was decent in the morning. Overall would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed: February 2012
lamann, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kelly Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

It was a pleasure to serve you. We are proud to offer great guest accommodations and customer service. We look forward to you stopping by on next traveling adventure. Be sure to ask for any specials, discounts or packages.

Reviewed 6 February 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights and found it to be clean,friendly and safe.The staff were very helpful at the front desk and the pool and eating area were well maintained.

Room Tip: The first night we ate at a restaurant named super buffet sushi and grill located 1000 45th ste s .T...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel we appreciate hearing from our guests. It looks like you were able to get into a variety of stores as well. Fargo has a large array of shops. Be sure to check our web site for local events being held in Fargo.

Reviewed 25 January 2012

We spent the weekend in the hotel in mid January for a large hockey tournament in the Fargo area, this hotel was advertised through the tournament website - as a family we stayed here in the past and always had a great time. The manager we contacted was fantastic and welcomed our team, the day staff again very good, helpful had maps of the arena's ready to go ... the evening staff on the other hand ... horrible Threatend our children numberous times that they would be kicked out - once was for standing in the game room at 5 min to 11:00 ... yes it closed at 11:00 but really uncalled for - a simple please get back to your rooms would had sufficed - this staff on this shift had a very obvious pre-dispositon and was rude and nasty the entire weekend ... not happy I had a question for the staff they treated me like a second rate guest (Saturday night) while the individual behind me was treated with kindness and respect (they were not with the hockey teams) - not at all appreciated since between 2 teams from our community we booked 28 rooms ... lots of revenue for the hotel! Oh and FYI Sunday am - heard lots of running and screaming in the halls peaked my head out (if it was a child I knew I was going to ask them to be quite myself) - not form either of the teams but from a family with 3 little ones making thier way down to breakfast at 7:00am toddling down the hall screaming as load as they could - the mom stated she felt it was ok cause the other guests would be up for hockey anyway ... not true some of us did not have to be up until 9:00/10:00 am ... why were they not thereatened like our boys?? Would not book there again! Particularly since we had been down the weekend before (for another tournament with our younger child) and stayed at a competing hotel and they were FANTASTIC with all 4 teams that booked into the hotel that weekend - tolerant of the children, made efforts to talk to them not threaten them and treated us with respect. Bottom line if you do not want that many kids in your hotel - do not take hockey team bookings or schedule staff that can handle a full hotel!!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments concerning your team from Winnipeg. We are disappointed to hear you felt we did not extend our hospitality to your team. We sure hope it is not due to the code of conduct agreement that is given to all teams at check in time and signed by the person registering for the room. We have developed these rules to provide a positive stay for all of our guests. I know that quite time starting at 11:00PM sometimes comes early when a team is out of town on holiday but is the only way we have found to show respect to all of our guests. Again thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 4 December 2011

We came to Fargo for a shopping trip and after extensively searching the web for a clean place at a good price I booked this one. I really liked the 'outdoors' decor in the room we had and the room was clean. We didn't bring out little one with us this time, but the pool looked fantastic for the kids. It was a good location as well near all the good shopping areas. Only downside was the breakfast. We didn't find it that special and was so crowded we decided to go across to an iHop. That said, for a hotel of a similar cost the breakfast would be exactly the same if not worse so it's as we expected it to be. Next time we go to Fargo we'd stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
lamann, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kelly Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2011

Thank you for taking time to write a review on our property. We are always happy hear our guests found our hotel to be clean and comfortable. The shopping mall being only 2 blocks away is always a plus for guests on a shopping quest.
LIsa Amann
Best Western Plus Kelly Inn &Suites

Reviewed 1 December 2011

When we are traveling, my wife and I stay at Best Westerns whenever possible. On a recent trip to ND to see our daughter, we stayed at the Best Western Kelly in Fargo. The room was exceptionally nice with a beautiful decor. It was clean, and as always the beds were very comfortable. Bottom line is that is was everything we look for in a motel. Being close to I-94 is also a big plus. In addition there is a nice restaurant next door. A last but BIG plus for us: they take dogs at no extra charge! This is important for us as our 2 pups always travel with us. I would recommend this motel to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Clay H

We would like to thank you for taking the time to tell us about your satisfaction with our hotel and service during your recent stay at our Hotel. We are always happy to see families traveling with their pets. We are looking forward to serving you again in the future when you are in Fargo.

LIsa Amann