“Nice Hotel”

Best Western Plus Kelly Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Affordable, and accommodating. This is a very nice Best Western to stay at! Was here for two weeks on business. Fridge and Microwave in room. Rooms were clean and modern (Liked the western theme throughout the room and hotel). Breakfast was hot and the coffee was excellent. I would definitely look here first before any other hotel in the area. Johnny Carinos us just a few yards away as well.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank NocturnalAviator

Reviewed 14 June 2012

We stayed at the Best Western Plus Kelly Inn and Suites from June 4 – 7. This hotel was very easy to find and conveniently located right near the Fargo Visitor Centre. The exterior of the hotel is very nice with a log cabin type feel and bear carvings which our son loved. The lobby was nicely decorated in the wilderness theme.

Check in was fast and easy. There was a little bit of confusion as I had called to reserve the room and told them I had a coupon for $15 each night from the Fargo-Moorhead Convention and Visitor’s Bureau website. When we arrived, they asked me for the coupon which I had forgotten to bring. They required the coupon presented by the end of the evening or I could not get the reduced rate. Luckily, they had the Fargo-Moorhead Convention and Visitor’s Bureau magazines at the front desk and I was able to find the same coupon in there.

We got a standard double queen room. The room was very large and spacious for the three of us. The beds were comfortable and everything was spotless. It definitely had a new hotel feel. The decor was a horse them in our room and everything was in working order. It had all the amenities we needed (cable TV, coffee maker, fridge, microwave). I really liked the “Clean Remote”-- a special remote that is easy to clean. I’d never seen that before so though it was a nice touch.

The hotel pool was fantastic for children. It had a nice wilderness theme with spraying buckets, floating logs, a bear basketball net, and two children’s water slides. The pool is a good size and was never overly busy, although we were staying on weekdays. The pool had a very shallow end which toddlers can stand. The deep end of the pool was about 4.5 feet. The first waterslide was in the shallow end and is a very small slide most young children would feel comfortable going down. The other slide is a tube slide which was also very small (maybe six feet long) but lands in the deep end of the pool. Our son was 5 and he went on it with my husband, but because the slide is so short and a tube, it was hard to hold our son up so he went under the water and wasn’t too much of a fan of that one anymore. The pool water temperature was comfortable. A bit cold when you got in but you got used to it quickly. There was also a small hot tub.

We had no problems with noise at all. There was ample parking and the hotel location was just great. Close to a couple main streets where there were tons of restaurants. Also a close drive to lots of shopping (the mall, Wal-Mart, etc.)

Breakfast was served until 9:30 am. This was a very good breakfast. All the usual continental items like fruit, yoghurt, pastries, toast, bagels, cereal, milk, juice, coffee, and hard boiled eggs. Plus there was a pancake maker (never seen that before) that made fresh pancakes. They also had scrambled eggs, hash browns, and a breakfast meat (ham one morning and sausage the other two).

Maid service was excellent. Our room was always cleaned well and supplies replenished.

Overall this is a fantastic property. I think the only thing that would make it perfect would be to have a full waterslide. Other than that, you can’t beat this hotel for the price (only $84.99 per night with the $15 off coupon), location, service, and amenities. I would highly recommend this hotel, especially for families. The pool is awesome for little ones.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MonkeyG
lamann, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kelly Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2012

On behalf of the entire staff and myself, we would like to thank you for recognizing our hotel as a family friendly hotel to stay while in Fargo. We appreciate hearing from our guests.

Reviewed 12 June 2012

We do the "typical" 48 hour mini vacation from Winnipeg, Manitoba 2 or 3 times a year and we have stayed here a few times along with our other favourite La Quinta. The last 3 times we have stayed here as we were able to book one of the walk out rooms as we find this very convienent.

We have always found the rooms clean, relatively quiet (depending on the neighbours), and it meets our needs well. The theme is cabin rustic, beds are comfortable, bathrooms are well designed (sink and vanity are separate), along with a mini fridge, coffee maker, and microwave.

The included breakfast is average with always something to snack on......fruit, cereal, yogurt, pastries, bagels, toast, english muffins, pancakes, juice, coffee, milk, etc and selected hot items (which are only OK). Afternoon snack consisted of popcorn, cookies, and lemonade. (Much better at La Quinta)

Now for the con (which may re think us staying here versus La Quinta)

Our concern this trip was the no WiFi service and the response that was provided to the problem.

As advertised on the website is "High-speed Internet access, complimentary in all guest rooms both wired and wireless."

We did not have any WiFi service in our room which was on the ground level floor only less than 200ft away from the front desk. The first night of our stay I mentioned this to front desk and they said to call a tech support number provided on a card in the room. (I was able to connect on WiFi in the lobby but not in our room). I called the number and after a 45+ minute wait on the phone I spoke with a worker who tried to rectify the problem. This did not work.

The next morning, still no WiFi connection in the room so I spoke with morning front desk staff and whom I believed was the manager and yet again explained the situation and inquired if their was a problem thru out the hotel. (which could be understandable) I had also asked if they could call the tech support number as I didn't feel that it was my responsibility to wait 45+minutes on the phone as a guest. The response I recieved was suprising to me as I was told they(the staff) didn't have time to waste on the phone either. I was told they were upgrading the "system" soon. No further conversation was had as the staff walked away without any other plausible solutions. Another guest over heard this conversation and stated that he was staying on the 3rd floor and had no problems with his WiFi connection but he was also surprised at the lack of guest service.

Anyways, no WiFi service in our room on the ground level for our 2 night stay but the lack of customer service was a concern. I guess in the past I have never had to deal with a "problem" at this hotel and I can only hope this was a oversight my staff with dealing with this matter.

With all this being said it could have been a very good stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
lamann, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kelly Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2012

We would like to thank you for taking the time to tell us about your satisfaction with our hotel and service during your recent stay at our Hotel. We do apologize for the inconvenience of not being able to get a signal with your I-Pad. The hotel did recognize the need to upgrade the WI-FI signal and has upgraded the WI-FI service on June 13, 2012 to accommodate those individuals who travel with I pads
We are happy to announce we are changing the afternoon snacks to a manager reception. The time line on this should be to start sometime in August.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

Very nice new hotel. We booked a suite for the New Year's holiday. It was a very large room with a beautiful fireplace. The bathroom was large and had a nice jacuzzi tub. Nice kitchenette area. Overall very cozy due to the cabin feel and nice woodwork. We will stay again!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 213
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Amanda D

We offer many different room types and suites with different themes check out our web site for more details and virtual tours. We hope you to see you again when you visit Fargo,North Dakota

Reviewed 24 April 2012

This is the second time we have stayed at this Best Western. The kids insisted we go back because they loved the cabin decor, the breakfast was good (push button pancakes machine! what's next.), and the pool was great for kids age 2-12.

We have stay at places with bigger pool areas, but the kids liked this one the most. With the neat water spraying and the 'logs' to jump across it was a hit.

The hotel is also located perfectly for shopping. It is in the middle of a ton of shopping malls and stores. Scheels is a block away.

The staff have always been nice and the rooms are new, clean, and with the cabin decor (sometimes a bit much, but still fun) we would stay there again.

Room Tip: If you have a loaded up van try to get a room with a door to the outside so you can park right outsi...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank steve_torgerson
Reviewed 20 April 2012

When my husband and I drive to Fargo we normally take our dog with us. Finding a nice hotel that has accommodations to suit our needs and our Labrador Retriever’s can sometimes be a challenge. We normally stay 2 or 3 nights and like the fact that all the rooms have microwave’s, good size fridges and tiny coffee makers-just to get you by. The hotel has a morning buffet and also offers cookies and lemonade around noon during the week. We always request a walk out room-it’s easiest with the dog, and if it’s a shopping weekend-it’s easy to carry bags straight into the room. The décor is more of a wilderness theme-but we like it and it’s always very clean. There are still two very large fields within walking distance that we let our dog ‘off leash’ in. It’s also just off a major road and close to all shopping and it’s very easy to get to Moorhead from. Recommend this hotel if you are looking for just one night or a several, and if you have a dog or don’t.

Room Tip: If you have a pet-request a walk out room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank kleinssighteeing
Reviewed 8 April 2012

From the welcoming bears peeking in windows and standing around to being in the pool area children would enjoy staying here as would their parents. The property was clean and comfortable and morning breakfast wasn't bad.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Greg42
lamann, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kelly Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel we appreciate hearing from our guests. Be sure to check our web site for local events being held in Fargo through out the summer. We also offer packages and discounts from time to time for our traveling families

Lisa Amann