“Overrated and overpriced would give 2.5 stars”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of HoDo Lounge

HoDo Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
HoDo Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 330 Restaurants in Fargo
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 1st Ave N
Description: All are welcome at HoDo Restaurant, a come-as-you-feel restaurant where uncommonly good food and unparalleled service intersect. We use locally grown and harvested ingredients, natural and sustainably-raised whenever possible. The dishes are prepared with raw ingredients—from the crackers and breads that start your meal to the ice cream and desserts at the end.
“Overrated and overpriced would give 2.5 stars”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Seated immediately.
Service was slow
Restaurant was very cold.....granted it was -13 last night
Lobster bisque was not very good neither my wife or I could choke it down
Lobster mac was ok...not great
I had pork dry and flavorless $25
Wife had chicken dish....again was ok not great and certainly not worth $25
Couscous....ok
Creme broule was highlight of evening
With 2 drinks bill was $114
Again very overpriced for the quality of the food

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Dougfrom

Webster, South Dakota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best thing I ever ate...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

This was our first visit to Fargo. After doing some shopping we decided to head downtown to have a nice lunch. After parking our car and walking a few blocks to find somewhere nice, the large window with "Stay Classy Fargo" painted on it intrigued my husband and I so we headed to the "HoDo". First impression~very friendly staff. We walked in and were immediately greeted. After finding our place in front of one of the many huge windows we were greeted by our waitress, Ashley T. (atleast that's what it said on the bill), who was amazing. My husband ordered the pulled pork sandwich & Fries off the lunch menu and I ordered the Lobster Bisque and Salt & Pepper Fried Calamari. I wish I could eat that every day~I can't even begin to describe the amazing flavors I tasted. The food is absolutely worth every cent. We WILL be back, even if we make a trip to Fargo JUST for the HoDo!

• Visited February 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Gorgeous decor, fabulous food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

It's a well decorated restaurant. The service is friendly and efficient.

My meal was delicious: the famous lobster bisque, main of lamb and a fabulously decadent dessert.

This a very popular restaurant and is the kind of place you could spend several happy hours. Highly recommend it.

Visited August 2013
Chicago, IL
“Another Fargo Discovery”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

As a visitor to Fargo, I was impressed with the overall quality of downtown restaurant choices and wonderful food. HoDo continued to impress. The lobster bisque hit the spot on a cold winter day along with a wonderful arugula salad. Even the bread selection was unique its choices! All in all, Fargo was a great trip though it would be wonderful to experience in any other season than winter!! I would definitely plan a return visit to HoDo to enjoy dinner next time.

• Visited January 2014
MN
“lunch on the go”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

The lobster bisque was wonderful on a very cold day and the homemade breads, especially the cracker bread, were a delight.

Visited January 2014

Been to HoDo Lounge? Share your experiences!