AmericInn Hotel & Suites Fargo South — 45th Street
US$136
Homewood
US$123
US$117
Fargo Inn & Suites(Fargo)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$69
Red Roof Inn Fargo(Fargo)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$71
US$116
US$102
US$104
US$98
All reviewssettle innhot tubpool areaking suitewafflesbreakfast burritobiscuits and gravythe breakfast arearoom was spaciousbreakfast was excellentfront desk staffwould stay here againvery clean hotelhockey tournamentgreat place to stayfargo areazoo
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Beds were comfortable, complementary breakfast was good. Kids loved the pool and parents loved the hot tub.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
SettleInnFargo, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Fargo South — 45th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and took advantage of the pool and jacuzzi. We hope to see you on your next trip to Fargo!

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Modern, updated room with fridge, microwave. Large bathroom, comfortable beds. The complimentary breakfast was pretty good with the usual cereal/toast/waffle station and sausages and biscuits and eggs. Close to several large chain restaurants and about a 5-min drive to Target, Toys R Us, Paradiso restaurant, TJ Max etc. Pool wasn't huge but great for kids and lots of lounge chairs to watch.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
SettleInnFargo, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Fargo South — 45th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

Thank you so much for choosing the Settle Inn & Suites for your recent stay and taking the time to pst a review on trip advisor. I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us. It sounds like you were able to relax by our pool while watching the swimmers (please forgive me if I am wrong). If only it were a little bigger with sand beaches, and warm enough to be outside! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 20 March 2012

The hotel looks brand new, or if not they must have done a lot of renevation recently.

Everything looks clean and tiddy. Small pool with side for young children. Location is great, not for from zoo and many restaurants in the area. I would definatly recommend this place.

Pros: Very clean, looks new. nice pool area for children.

Cons: only one elevator and could use a second chair in the room.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
SettleInnFargo, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Fargo South — 45th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review us on trip advisor. We appreciate the kind words and your suggestions. I do agree with you that one elevator is sometimes a con. When it is busy, it is really slow. I also wish we had another elevator. We have had suggestions for another chair in the room as well, and our rooms are large enough for that. Thank you for that suggestion and I will be sure to pass that on to our owners. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 16 March 2012

As a business traveler there are a few main things I look for in a hotel- cleanliness, comfortable bed, and good amenities. This hotel met or exceeded my expectations for all three! I got a King Suite and it was very spacious with tall ceilings, a nice living area with a comfortable couch, very clean bathroom, and comfy bed. The staff were also very friendly. I'd surely stay here again if I return to Fargo.

Room Tip: King Suite was very spacious
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
SettleInnFargo, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Fargo South — 45th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2012

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and took the time to review us. I appreciate your kind words and business. Thank you for offering a tip as well that the king suites are very spacious. Next time you are in town, ask about an upgrade to a whirlpool suite. We do have a deal on tripadvisor right now that offers a whirlpool Sunday through Thursday for $110. It is almost twice the size of the king suite! We look forward to you staying with us again.

Reviewed 16 March 2012

We stayed here for three nights and must admit were drawn to it by the reviews on this site. The good far outweighed the bad and in my mind I thought the critics were just picky people who always found something to complain about. To my surprise every negative I read about was something we too experienced first hand during our stay. Here's a small list of good and bad points that come to mind:

1) there is no fresh bread smell greeting you when you walk in - this is a myth and when I questioned the reception clerk he looked at me like I had two heads. It also wasn't the friendliest welcome by the front desk staff but it wasn't terrible either. They may have been new hires and not well versed in the world of "hospitality".
2) the pool is great for kids about 12 and under but the bottom is a very abrasive/pebbled finish and it scrapes the heck out of any kid who falls. Caution toddlers and preschoolers! Nice pool area though with great hours. 7-11.
3) not the cleanest. We found a piece of pizza in our room beside the fridge. DISGUSTING!!!
4) the 2nd floor where we stayed is extremely dangerous if you have preschool age children and have the windows open. They are very nice windows but they are vertical sliders that open with the screen to the bottom which is only about 24 inches from the floor. Basically, if the windows are open, the only thing between your room and your kid hitting the ground is a window screen. Very unsafe, hard to beleive it's code, and mark my words, will have a tragic ending one day. Parents shouldn't open these windows cause you just can't predict what young kids will do!
5) breakfast buffet was fabulous. Not big but all the essentials and the hot eggs and sausages were really enjoyed!
6) location was convenient for shopping and entertainment needs
7) the pet charge is to steep! I read a comment from management about the cleanup of pets being high..........what about the easy things like the half eaten pizza slice from beside our fridge!?!?!?
8) yes, the walls are thin! We heard our neighbors clearly and thankfully they shut the tv off early.

The king suite is a cross between "nice" and "alright" but not really worth the price paid. The bed was comfortable and the room was nicely decorated and laid out. It really really would be worth it if it were'nt for all the little negatives. I've stayed in a lot of hotels and paid less for lodging and ammenities at par with this place. We come visit about 4 times a year and though this place wasn't terrible, we won't stay there again. There's other couponed options that are just as good for about 20% less per night. Don't sluff off the negative reviews as lightly as I did or beleive by the manager comments that everything here is perfect and rosey and as justified as he says. I'm thinking he/she does a good job but some of the negatives are out of their controll but really do make for a negative stay at times. Come see for yourself like we did....no big regrets but won't do it again. Cheers!

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank honesttraveller4u

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your experience. I do agree with you that some things are in our control and some are not. The ones that our in our control we honestly do try to do our very best about. I am so very sorry you found food next to your refrigerator. I hope you reported this to our front desk. Unfortunately, with a tripadvisor review we do not know when you stayed with us, so i cannot narrow it down to who may have been on staff. We do have some new people, however that is by no means an excuse. We do bake our own bread, however we have decided to do it on the overnight shift so that it is fresher in the morning. The things you spoke about that are not in our control have been noted so that when we reach the point of remodeling or changing, we will keep them in mind. I truly do take every criticism and suggestion to heart and like to follow up on them with my staff as an opportunity to do a better job. I think of this hotel as my own and want you to feel at home. I do hope you will reconsider staying with us in the future.