“Preferred Fargo hotel choice”

AmericInn Hotel & Suites Fargo South — 45th Street
Ranked #14 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Reviewed 14 December 2013

My stay in November over thanksgiving was my second visit to this property in 2013 (previously staying there in August). I was able to snag a deal on this property on Hotwire in August, and on Priceline in November - both exceptional deals considering the quality of the property (as compared with the other substandard choices available in Fargo). Benefits of the stay include: good quality hot breakfast (many choices); new and clean rooms; kid-friendly pool with a waterslide; etc. No noise problems even though I was next to the elevator. I can't say that I'm endeared to the western decorating motif (who wouldn't want drift to sleep while looking at a picture of a buffalo on the wall?). I'm the type of traveler that prefers Westins and Hyatts, but the Arbuckle is still a newish property and in good shape.

Only downside on last visit was that they now charge $10/night for a rollaway bed. Most upper middle class properties provide this as a courtesy. However, I got a king suite, which has a pull out bed in the couch, so the kids slept there instead.

Room Tip: Choose the king suite rather than getting a rollaway for kids
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
ArbuckleLodge, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Fargo South — 45th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and think as highly of us as you have the Westin and Hyatt properties. It sounds like your kids were able to enjoy the pool area as well. We hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in Fargo and consider us home, buffalo and all!

Reviewed 3 December 2013

The room was HUGE. Cute theme of the hotel, pleasant staff. It is located in a strange place that most Fargo natives don't know about -- across from the zoo. However, it is close to everything - shopping, restaurants, the huge Scheels, and the freeways. The room was very clean as was the entire hotel. It was newly renovated. The ceilings were HUGE! However, I think this was both a positive and negative -- every single noise from the hallway came in from the gap under the door and echoed throughout the room. It was host to kids from a hockey tourney who were running to and from the very small pool (more for small kids) and every noise echoed through the room like a herd of elephants. Overall a nice hotel.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a quieter room ask for a room NOT on the first floor and away from the pool a...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the size of your room and that overall your stay was pleasant. We appreciate the feedback. I am also sorry to hear that you could hear noise coming from the hallway. I would be happy to discuss any further suggestions that you have. Please feel free to give us a call.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Went to Fargo for the weekend and a friend lined up the lodging for us. Was completely satisfied with my room and hotel amenities. Did not use the waterpark but many were. Also just had coffee as I arrived a few minutes too late for the breakfast but the selection looked very good.
Would stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
ArbuckleLodge, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Fargo South — 45th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us at the Arbuckle Lodge in Fargo. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we would love to have you back so that you can experience all of the amenities we have to offer. Thanks again for your kind words and remember to sign up for our rewards program the next time you stay with us.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

My husband and I used Hotwire.com for booking this hotel, and I wasn't sure about it, I guess the name kinda threw me. When we got there I have to say I was wondering what the room would look like, and it was different than what I expected. The western theme was what threw me, but both my husband and I enjoyed our stay here. The staff at the Lobby were very friendly and helpful! The only thing that both my husband and I thought should not have happened was that they ran out of butter for the homemade bread. :(
Homemade bread isn't the same without butter!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
ArbuckleLodge, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Fargo South — 45th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Arbuckle Lodge in Fargo. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! We are so sorry that we ran out of butter but that thank you for reminding us so that we can be sure to keep additional on hand! Thanks again and we hope to see you soon. And remember to sign up for our new rewards program the next time you visit.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Stayed recently for a few nights. had a coupon for a good rate. The lobby was large and clean, check in easy and friendly. Room was very large and very clean. I recommend not having a room facing the front becasue the parking lots lights glare through the window at night, hard to close the blinds completely when the ac/heater is blowing them around.
I have a 10 yr old who was very much looking forward to the pool and waterslide...the area itself was very clean, BUT...the deepest point was one 3.5 feet deep! My kid was pretty upset, he couldnt even tread water. He wouldnt go down the waterslide in fear he would get hurt becasue of the shallow pool. There are ledges/steps in the pppol that go for the even shallower area and are hard to see...most pools have a slant...so as I was walking in the pool I tripped on the ledge and hurt my foot...my son then tried to get out of the pool and a handicap chair was over the edge that he didnt see and it cut his shoulder quite badly,,, SO...no more pool for us. Regardless of the injury,, the pool was sadly very shallow that would be best for a peron 6 years old and under. Noone else is going to really enjoy it The hottub was fine though.
The hotel is great in every other aspect, The breakfast area is super large and lots of food offered. I will not stay here again only because my son really wants a decent pool he can actually swim in. seems to be a challenge to find for some reason.
If you are looking for a good room and free breakfast in a clean place, theres no reason not to stay here otherwise.

Room Tip: dont stay front facing if you dont want light blazing in your window at night
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank smellbell

Thank you for choosing the Abuckle Lodge. I am sorry that our pool was not to your liking. We strive to provide the amenities our guests and families would enjoy. We do appreciate your kind words about your overall experience and hope that you would try us again in the future. There is a nearby aquatic center that we can print passes or refer you too on your next visit. Thanks again for choosing our hotel.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I have not had bad experiences with any hotel in Fargo. This last trip was with girlfriends and I booked the room at hotels.com, although I have never heard of Arbuckle Lodge it was a great price so I took it! The room was large as was the bathroom, the halls are clean lots of luggage carts, the front desk staff was pleasant and when we needed a new lamp for the desk (the room was dark and the lamp had no switch, it was broken off) two staff members came and we had a new lamp within 10 minutes. The hot tub was great. I would stay here again! Very clean hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for choosing our hotel. We are so glad you enjoyed the rooms and the attentive service of our staff. We hope that you will consider us for you next trip to the area and be sure to sign up for our new rewards program. Thanks again and see you soon!

Reviewed 20 September 2013

This week while in Fargo - room rates seemed high even for Fargo, and my usual place was booked... so I booked using a blind booking service to save some money. I'm trying to decide how to evaluate this place. The Arbuckle used to be a Settle Inn, which closed and reopened under this non-branded name.

There are some definite positives here... the rooms are a good size, above average. Bedding is comfortable. Bathrooms are large. The hotel is off the Interstate far enough that you don't get that noise. There is a decent breakfast (included) in the morning, and a managers reception at night with light appetizers and soda. The pool looks good for a family. Lots of parking. Also close to restaurants, gas stations, other amenities, and the Interstate.

Some downsides... you won't get much from the staff in terms of service, but they are friendly enough. If you are a business traveler and need Internet (like myself), this is one of the worst properties I have ever been in for Internet speeds... I had to stop working. Also, my air conditioning unit in two rooms has been poor, and that is noticeable when daytime temps are into the 80's and you have a western facing room.

Overall, I'd rate this good to above average for the price I paid. I have not idea what the rack is, or a discounted rate on their website... I would suspect it is too much. I also think the blind bid service I used has this property a 1/2 a star higher than it should be... but that is typical for this service.

If you get good rate, book it. I'm just surprised by the glowing reviews. I have gushed over properties, as well as been more generous than maybe deserved... This property is no more than "average" to "very good," in my opinion.

Room Tip: Ask for a zoo facing room - it will be more quiet and cooler in the evening.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
ArbuckleLodge, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Fargo South — 45th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Thanks, jra3 from Michigan, for taking time to give a detailed review. The ownership of this hotel hasn't changed since we opened in 2009. We did part ways, by mutual agreement, with the Settle Inn franchise, and changed our name to Arbuckle Lodge. We are glad that you had a favorable impression of the rooms, complimentary breakfast, afternoon appetizers, the pool, parking, and convenient location with no interstate noise. I am sorry to hear that you didn't feel you got much service from staff. It's unusual for our guests to feel that way. I would certainly like to discuss with you the items you had issues with so that we are able to get more information and fix any items not working properly. I do hope that you will stay with us again in the future and give us the opportunity to provide the excellent service you so much deserve.