“Brutal , worst stay ever”

AmericInn Hotel & Suites Fargo South — 45th Street
Ranked #15 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Booked this hotel for 6 days and from the minute we checked in , the nightmare started . First off check in was supposed to be at 3:00pm which clearly is printed on there website and a nice little sign on the wall in the lobby, for some reason our room was not ready till 4:30 pm because they were short staffed and I believe there was a hockey team the night before so they were behind in cleaning the rooms. The lady at the front desk explained this to us and that was supposed to be OK and was not there fault , This is when I should have walked away and went somewhere else but we waited with the kids in the car patiently, our plans with friends that afternoon were put on hold . Upon entering our room my wife stepped on gum that would have been clear for house keeping to see but was not picked up , at his point the kids changed into there swimsuits and went down to the pool, broken hot tub and no towels made me wonder if I did indeed make a wrong choice by relying on the reviews of this hotel . Sheets were dirty and the staff has no personality what so ever , I have stayed in many many hotels these last few years and this is the worst by far , they tell you that there is some great appetizers in the lobby during the week but that is false, rooms are spacious but not a big deal . We in fact walked over to the hotel next door and finished our next 4 days off with one of the best most amazing staff I have ever encountered and have indeed found a new place to stay in Fargo , Management should be more selective on hiring of staff and maybe be present during working hours ,but then again my personal email did not get a response from them either

2  Thank Brent C
ArbuckleLodge, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Fargo South — 45th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. I am very sorry to hear that your recent stay was unsatisfying. When we are full the night before in can at times be difficult to have rooms ready upon the arrival of the guests. We always work very hard to try our best to have everything ready to go. I hope that you contacted the desk and informed them of the problems you were having so that we could help solve them. Also, I am sorry to hear that you contacted us and was not responded back too. Did you happen to call or e-mail? I have not heard any of this until now. Again, I am sorry that your stay was unsatisfying and if you would like to discuss anything please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

We stayed at the Arbuckle for Christmas eve. The lobby and breakfast eating area is very large and open. The rooms are very spacious and clean! The staff were very friendly and accommodating! Will stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
ArbuckleLodge, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Fargo South — 45th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel! We at the Arbuckle Lodge in Fargo strive to make every stay a great one! We are so glad you enjoyed all of the amenities we offer and remember to sign up for our new rewards program when you return! Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 23 December 2013

We had one of the worst experiences of our lives in this hotel due to the unprofessional manner in which we were treated when the door lock on our room broke and we got locked in our room for about 45 minutes. I realize that maintenance issues are unforeseen but the girls who were working that day treated us very rudely and we're not reassuring that they could get help. Things were so bad that I had to call the police for help. We were told by the girls that they had left a message for the maintenance man, no idea how long he would be, and also that they spoke to the Manager and they were not available on weekends only Monday to Friday?????? What a joke, never ever going back there, and never recommending this to any of my friends or family!!!!

1  Thank Amanda C
karonros, Owner at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Fargo South — 45th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

“Amanda, please accept my profound apology for the awful experience you had at our hotel recently. You can be sure the lock manufacturer was immediately contacted and put on notice that we won’t tolerate their product causing our guests to have a bad experience. We know that not charging you for your two-bedroom extended stay doesn’t make up for what happened, but we hope it helped a little. We hope that having our General Manager and our Regional Manager available to assist you also helped a little. You relied on us for a pleasant lodging experience and we relied on the company who made the lock and we were both let down and disappointed. We are reviewing our emergency policies and continually take steps to prepare our employees to handle unexpected emergencies like yours. We did not achieve our own very high standards for guest satisfaction. We let you down and we’re sorry.”

Reviewed 14 December 2013

My stay in November over thanksgiving was my second visit to this property in 2013 (previously staying there in August). I was able to snag a deal on this property on Hotwire in August, and on Priceline in November - both exceptional deals considering the quality of the property (as compared with the other substandard choices available in Fargo). Benefits of the stay include: good quality hot breakfast (many choices); new and clean rooms; kid-friendly pool with a waterslide; etc. No noise problems even though I was next to the elevator. I can't say that I'm endeared to the western decorating motif (who wouldn't want drift to sleep while looking at a picture of a buffalo on the wall?). I'm the type of traveler that prefers Westins and Hyatts, but the Arbuckle is still a newish property and in good shape.

Only downside on last visit was that they now charge $10/night for a rollaway bed. Most upper middle class properties provide this as a courtesy. However, I got a king suite, which has a pull out bed in the couch, so the kids slept there instead.

Room Tip: Choose the king suite rather than getting a rollaway for kids
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
ArbuckleLodge, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Fargo South — 45th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and think as highly of us as you have the Westin and Hyatt properties. It sounds like your kids were able to enjoy the pool area as well. We hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in Fargo and consider us home, buffalo and all!

Reviewed 3 December 2013

The room was HUGE. Cute theme of the hotel, pleasant staff. It is located in a strange place that most Fargo natives don't know about -- across from the zoo. However, it is close to everything - shopping, restaurants, the huge Scheels, and the freeways. The room was very clean as was the entire hotel. It was newly renovated. The ceilings were HUGE! However, I think this was both a positive and negative -- every single noise from the hallway came in from the gap under the door and echoed throughout the room. It was host to kids from a hockey tourney who were running to and from the very small pool (more for small kids) and every noise echoed through the room like a herd of elephants. Overall a nice hotel.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a quieter room ask for a room NOT on the first floor and away from the pool a...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the size of your room and that overall your stay was pleasant. We appreciate the feedback. I am also sorry to hear that you could hear noise coming from the hallway. I would be happy to discuss any further suggestions that you have. Please feel free to give us a call.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Went to Fargo for the weekend and a friend lined up the lodging for us. Was completely satisfied with my room and hotel amenities. Did not use the waterpark but many were. Also just had coffee as I arrived a few minutes too late for the breakfast but the selection looked very good.
Would stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us at the Arbuckle Lodge in Fargo. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we would love to have you back so that you can experience all of the amenities we have to offer. Thanks again for your kind words and remember to sign up for our rewards program the next time you stay with us.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

My husband and I used Hotwire.com for booking this hotel, and I wasn't sure about it, I guess the name kinda threw me. When we got there I have to say I was wondering what the room would look like, and it was different than what I expected. The western theme was what threw me, but both my husband and I enjoyed our stay here. The staff at the Lobby were very friendly and helpful! The only thing that both my husband and I thought should not have happened was that they ran out of butter for the homemade bread. :(
Homemade bread isn't the same without butter!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
ArbuckleLodge, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Fargo South — 45th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Arbuckle Lodge in Fargo. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! We are so sorry that we ran out of butter but that thank you for reminding us so that we can be sure to keep additional on hand! Thanks again and we hope to see you soon. And remember to sign up for our new rewards program the next time you visit.