“Must stay for families on a budget!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of AmericInn Hotel & Suites Fargo South — 45th Street

AmericInn Hotel & Suites Fargo South — 45th Street
Ranked #14 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
“Must stay for families on a budget!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

The hotel was very clean, rooms a lot bigger than we expected and the breakfast was very nice. The fresh baking bread was not only amazing it smelled wonderful. It is definitely our hotel anytime we go to Fargo!

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank NDMVHAFADSSTEBE
ArbuckleLodge, Director of Sales at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Fargo South — 45th Street, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Hi there,

We are so glad you enjoyed our spacious rooms here at the Arbuckle Lodge in Fargo. Our breakfast including the fresh baked bread and other hot items are also a big hit. Thank you for taking the time to tell us how we did and we hope to see you again soon.

Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

I actually first stayed at this hotel when it was first built, which was quite a few years ago. There was nothing around but I could remember the tall ceilings and entrance way.
My parents and I went down for a concert and stayed in separate rooms. As previous people had said the rooms are TIDY, close to the zoo, yet not too close to the mall etc.
It's been awhile since I've stayed in a hotel, but do the doors always slam that noisy? We made the mistake of staying on a weekend, and yes it has a pool. I'll blame that parents for treating the hallway as a race track. I'd prefer to stay her on a week night.
For some reason the elevator is slower than slow.. it's a very slow pace, so if that's something you'll like, then you'll be happy.
I enjoyed the spacious bathroom, and yes the shower pressure is weak. But oh my goodness! Where do they get the toiletries? Smells like a pine forest which I loved!
I used the fridge which kept my drinks cold and had coffee which was actually just as good as the one downstairs.
Again breakfast was a bit mayhem with all the kids and parents.. apparently there was a gymnastics tournament somewhere.
I was apprehensive at leaving home and coming here, but they had a nice note on my pillow. (The pillows and bed were AMAZING! I'm getting new pillows because of them. Four different firmness). I can only guess the owners are Christan and the note made me have a better night sleep

Room Tip: Make sure to ask if any families are coming. Ask for a quiet room! Perhaps first floor at the end, n...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ArbuckleLodge, Director of Sales at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Fargo South — 45th Street, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Hi Alice L,

We are so glad you decided to return to the Arbuckle Lodge. Our weekends are in some cases very busy, but if you let us know we strive to keep noise levels especially during quiet time, in check. Our pillows and beds are super comfy and we get requests on where our guests can purchase them.

All of the rooms include a fridge and microwave for our guests. Next time you are in town, ask our front desk for a short cut to the mall - we are actually closer than it seems!

Thank you so much again for writing a review and we would LOVE to have you stay with us again!

Mnisek pod Brdy, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

The room was spacious and comfortable. The pool area is good for younger children-mostly those younger than the teenage years. Teenagers may find the pool very small. Breakfast was very good. Staff was very accommodating and helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ArbuckleLodge, Director of Sales at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Fargo South — 45th Street, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Hi Julie J,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property! We are so glad you enjoyed the pool, large rooms and complimentary hot breakfast!

Please call us again when you are in the area - we love our repeat guests!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

If you've read previous reviews of the Arbuckle Lodge, you've seen the negatives. The shower pressure isn't that great, the chlorine in the pool and hot tub is very strong, the pool isn't adequate for older kids, the WiFi is sporadic (at best). All of these points are true, but let's look at the positives.

This hotel achieves exactly what it sets out to do, be a fairly priced, family friendly hotel. In fact it achieves this in spades.

The Arbuckle Lodge is located slightly off the path from the busiest roads in Fargo, but less then five minute drive from them. It is across the street from the Red River Zoo, a curling rink, arena and more.

My first thought upon entering the foyer was how clean it looked. A cozy sitting area with two couches didn't even put a dent in the size of the room. The staff was very friendly and welcoming.

Our room, a two bedroom suite, was spotless. The bathroom was larger then expected, and the secondary bedroom, complete with two sets of bunk beds and a wall mounted TV was huge. I have never slept so comfortably in a hotel bed, and I mentioned to my wife that this is the first time I'm not looking forward to getting home to my own bed at the end of a trip. The room also offered a microwave, mini fridge, wet bar, and an abundance of wall plugs, which is so often overlooked in modern hotels. We had no problems plugging in all of our tablets, phones and ipod. Our room was located next to the stairs, which was a concern, but never ended up bothering us in the least.

The breakfast included is above average. Offering the standard breads, fruit & waffles, but also supplied sausage and eggs (weekdays only), oatmeal and sausage gravy and biscuits. Little things make the difference, and having cheese and salsa available for the eggs, and brown sugar and raisins for the oatmeal is something that is appreciated, and sets this hotel out over others. One negative I'll point out is that the coffee was not to my liking, but I would never complain about something offered for free.

The pool was great for children under 10. A small waterslide and mushroom fountain gives the kids something to do. The hot tub could have been warmer, but wasn't a negative.

Lastly, I'll point out a couple of ways the Arbuckle goes above and beyond. We came back from shopping to find a placard in the foyer advertising a movie night with free popcorn and soda on Friday night. What hotel does that? On Saturday, the placard now advertised an Easter egg hunt for children under 12 on Sunday morning. Awesome.

Our family very much enjoyed our stay, and will return the next time we visit Fargo.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ArbuckleLodge, Director of Sales at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Fargo South — 45th Street, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Hi Scott C,

Thank you for writing a review of our hotel at the Arbuckle Lodge in Fargo. We appreciate that you noticed our attention to detail and our goal of providing large rooms, friendly services and amenities that go above a beyond the standard hotel. Events such as movie night and the Easter egg hunt are what set us apart from the average hotel.

Thank you again for choosing out hotel and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

This hotel was very nice. The decor wasn't to my taste however as things appeared to be "lodge" related with horses and such, it made the room appear dated though I believe the Lodge is quite new.

My only complaint about the room is that there was lots of noise around 11:00pm when we were trying to get to sleep. We think it might have been the stairs next to us or the people above us (sounded like they were jumping on the bed). We didn't complain and I did eventually fall asleep 30 minutes later, but my wife who is a lighter sleeper than me, said in the morning it continued periodically through the night.

The staff was great, the room we had was large with 2 Kings and a sofa bed, great for our kids.
The swimming area was nice, there was a small waterslide and a mushroom fountain for them to play in, in addition to the hot tub for the adults.

Free continental breakfast was served which was nice, though I was disappointed that the soda fountain was not operational as I don't drink coffee and get my morning caffeine from a coke. To be fair, if I didn't see it there I wouldn't have complained, everything else was great about the breakfast.

Location was nice on the south end of Fargo just off I-94 and very close to I-29. Shopping was also very close as was the Zoo which we could see from out of our hotel window.

Room Tip: Not near the stairs.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Benjamin J
ArbuckleLodge, Director of Sales at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Fargo South — 45th Street, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Hi Benjamin J,

Thank you for choosing the Arbuckle Lodge in Fargo! We are glad you enjoyed the spacious room and free breakfast. We are sorry to hear you experienced some noise from the neighbor, please let us know in the future as we want all of our guest to have a great stay. Thank for mentioning our pool it is one of our most popular features! We appreciate the time you took to write a review and we hope to see you again soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

We will definitely be going again but hopefully the wifi works better next time. The pull out couch was broken but we did get 2 cots for the kids to sleep on. The breakfast was good but good have been served until 10:00 instead of 9:30.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ArbuckleLodge, Director of Sales at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Fargo South — 45th Street, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Hi Stevelucie,

Thank you so much for writing a review of our hotel. We are so glad to hear that you will be returning to the property. We monitor chlorine levels and keep them at the required levels by local agencies, but we will check them again. Thank you for letting us know as well about the hide a bed, and we are glad to have been able to provide rollaways to ensure every had a place to sleep.

Thank you again for choosing our hotel!
Pleasantville, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

When you walk up to the front desk of a hotel, you sometimes get a warm welcome from the staff. This hotel seems to have an entire staff of helpful and cheerful people working to make your visit a great experience. I was tired after getting up at 4:00 A.M. to make my flight to Fargo. I asked whether there was any way that I get an early access to my room. I was very pleased to find that they could accommodate me. Within seconds, I was in my room for a much needed rest.

If you like earth tones, you will enjoy the interior of the hotel. If you travel further west, you might recognize the decor as having similar shades of red, orange, yellow, brown and black, the colors of scoria in the rock formations of the Badlands.
Please make time to sit in the Great Room by the gas fireplace at night. Yes, there are people who appreciate attention to detail.

The rooms are large and the beds are comfortable. It is clean throughout.

There is a special treat around 5:30 PM during the week. The hotel arranges for delivery of some food from the local restaurants. If you are late, someone probably enjoyed your portion.

Breakfast is excellent. Did I mention the homemade bread?

P.S. The zoo is nearby. If you have never seen curling live, it is less than a block away.

I hope that they have a room for me on my next trip.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank r0bert100
ArbuckleLodge, Director of Sales at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Fargo South — 45th Street, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Hi Robert100

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay here at the Arbuckle Lodge in Fargo. We love to hear good feedback about our friendly staff because we strive to make sure every guest has a great experience. Our hot breakfast and fresh bread are one of our most popular amenities and our business guest enjoy the Monday through Thursday reception after a long day at work. Our location is very convenient to the zoo, shopping and more! We look forward to your return and thanks again for the kind words!