We stayed here over two seperate weekends in August and it was simply an "alright" experience. The room was large, beds were okay, but the blankets were thin. Unfortunately, if you're on the first or second floor, you can hear footsteps above you at all hours. The elevator is probably the slowest elevator in Fargo, however, so staying on the third floor can be a bit of a pain itself.
The lobby is fairly large, though the breakfast area got crowded in the mornings. Each day there was the same selection of breakfast foods including cereal, homemade bread, yogurt, (powdered "fake") eggs, and sausages. To be honest, after seeing the sausages sitting there every day, I don't think anyone in our family ever wants to see another sausage again. On weekdays, the hotel also brings in dinner items from local resturaunts.
Our main complaint about this hotel was the pool. As it turns out, the pool is open to the public, even for birthday parties. On several occassions, we tried to go swimming, only to be greeted by large groups of people holding parties. One of these groups even turned out to be an "unauthorized" party - basically they let themselves into the pool, bringing cake and pizza with them, and taking over the entire area. When guests are spending all this money to stay at the hotel, it should go without saying they ought to be able to use the pool when they want to, not around the schedule of other people's parties. The pool itself was alright, with a small waterslide and mushroom fountain. The hot tub was tepid at best - I've had warmer baths!
Overall, the hotel was average, the highlight of our stay being when they showed a movie on Saturday night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the AmericInn Lodge & Suites Fargo South in Fargo, ND named "BEST HOTEL IN NORTH DAKOTA" by MSN. We know there's no place like home, but with our large comfortable rooms, the AmericInn Fargo South will feel like your home away from home. A charming log canopy welcomes you to the smoke-free AmericInn. Inside, the first thing you'll notice is a three-story lobby with a stone fireplace. The colors are warm, patterned after the setting sun. Here, old-fashioned friendliness meets western charm. Our service is personal. Our attitude is welcoming. And our rooms? Let's just say we drew our inspiration from a prairie horizon. Enjoy our Splash-Bay Adventure Pool area, fitness center, free wi-fi and of course our amazing hot home-style breakfast each morning. Afternoon appetizers are available Monday through Thursday. Hot wings, pulled pork, and nachos are guest favorites. The AmericInn Fargo South hotel is conveniently located in Fargo, North Dakota and only minutes from the best restaurants and shopping. Fargo, North Dakota provides year-round fun and excitement for the whole family. Visit our Fargo hotel on your next family vacation and see what we have to offer! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your AmericInn Hotel & Suites Fargo South — 45th Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Settle Inn & Suites Fargo Hotel Fargo
- Settle Inn And Suites Fargo
- Settle Hotel Fargo