“Hotels in Fargo”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Fargo
Ranked #7 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Reviewed 8 April 2014

This hotel was really good and the stay was quite enjoyable. A deeper pool would've been nicer for the kids, but other than that we would defintely come here again. We really appriciated that the hotel had food for us to eat so we didn't have to venture out in the storm. Breakfeast was delightful and the rooms were really nice as well.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LaQuinta1, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thank you for the wonderful feedback from your recent visit to our hotel. We hope to see you the next time you are in town.

Area General Manager
701-499-2000

There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Fargo

Reviewed 6 April 2014

The room was large and quiet, but there were issues. First, the shower mysteriously leaks all over the floor. I thought it was just my son not being careful, but it happened to me too. The floor is dry after the shower, and 10 mins later, there is water puddles draining from the bathroom. Then, during the night, a sewer smell permeated the room. It was just gross and did not dissipate, but as we were leaving early, I just told the front desk clerk on departure and the clerk said she would look into it. When my youngest son and I were having breakfast, there was a little dog running around the lobby loose. There was also a lady taking out luggage cart of crated cats out of the hotel. My husband noticed it too when he was having breakfast, and another guest mentioned to him that he had seen her move out three luggage carts out. I know I saw one. Were they in a room? My husband has severe cat allergies and we couldn't stay in a room that was previously filled with cats. The negatives outweighed the positives and we will not be staying here again. I had a hard time rating it as the room was clean, it is priced average, but overall, I would rate it poor based on the shower issue, sewer smell in the room, and animals (due to allergies).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
LaQuinta1, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear valued guest,

I am sorry that your experience at our hotel was not up to your standards or expectations. We take a great deal of pride in ensuring our guest experience is a positive one. I have passed your comments on to my maintenance department so that they can check to see what might have caused these items to occur during your stay. Once again, I do apologize for any inconveniences that you encountered and hope you will give us another opportunity to earn your business. Our Fargo location as ranked #1 in Overall Customer Satiscation for the past two year and was named Hotel of the Year in 2012 for the LQ Brand. I am confident that any issues that you encountered are not the norm and that any future visits will meet and exceed your expectations.

We hope to see you soon.

Area General Manager

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Everything is very good!! Except the pool area. If your family (including adults) love to swim, this is not the place for you. Deepest pool area is 3.5 feet. Looks 30 years old. Poor design. It is kid friendly, but not adult friendly. Other wise Hotel is wonderful!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LaQuinta1, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Hello Mr. Jonathon S.

Thank you for your review. We appreciate all feedback, positive or negative. I am sorry to hear that our pool wasn't up to your expectations but glad to hear that the rest of your hotel experience was to your liking. Please keep in mind for future visits that we offer a complimentary Park N Fly service should you ever need us for that reason. We hope to see you soon.

Area Manager
La Quinta Inn & Suites
701-499-2000

A TripAdvisor Member
Thief River Falls, Minnesota
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Great stay! As a LaQuinta Returns member we received a free upgrade to an apartment suite. Our room was in the new addition and it was very clean and comfortable. Pool, with one small water slide and four fountains, was very nice and geared more for a younger child (walk in edge with overall shallow depths). Would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LaQuinta1, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thank you for the wonderful review:) We hope to see you the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Do not be scared off by the negative reviews. This is a clean, nice hotel. Pool is great for small kids. Hot breakfast was served until almost 10 both days. Staff was friendly. Rooms were super clean. We got a 2 queen suite on 4th floor. Pay the extra 10 dollars for this room. Super big and leaves space for anything you might bring. Never once heard a door slam. Hotel did not smell like pets at all. If I had only one complaint it would be that the shower did not have very good water pressure. Also, yes there is only one elevator that is a bit slow but are you really in that big of a hurry??? I have stayed many places in Fargo and this is right up there with the best. Oh...yes there is a lot of chlorine in the pool and spa but with the amount of little kids in there it serves a purpose. Don't hesitate to stay here.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Beastpopo

Thank you for the wonderful review. I will pass your comments on to our Maintenance Team to see if there is something that needs to be adjusted with the shower head in the room that you stayed in..... We hope to see you the next time you are in Fargo.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 February 2014

My daughter and I were in Fargo for business and to tour NDSU. We had a room booked at another hotel as that was where my seminar was being held. IT WAS HORRIBLE. I called La Quinta at 9:45pm and Jackie assured me that a room was available and she would hold until we had our other reservation cancelled. We checked in at 10:00pm. Jackie put us in the new section since it was opened after our last stay. The room was CLEAN (the other hotel Best Western Double Wood was FILTHY). Beds were so comfy. It was quiet. I have traveled extensively and the La Quinta is so homey. The amenities for the price is such an amazing value.
Jackie was seriously the biggest sweetheart!! She had recommendations for stuff to do for my daughter while I was at the seminar. She gave us each a bottle of water and a snack upon check-in (she knew it had been a hectic day). We will simply not stay anywhere else when we are in Fargo.
Thank you Jackie!!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank rhuby72

Thank you for the wonderful review. We have shared your nice comments with Jackie and the rest of our team. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are back in town.