“Would definitely stay here again”

Hilton Garden Inn Fargo
Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Greenwich, Connecticut
“Would definitely stay here again”
Reviewed 13 April 2012

This property has the feel of a brand-new hotel. Location is very good if you're looking to be close to shopping and restaurants. It's a little bit of a drive from the airport. The bedding, bathroom and all the appointments weren in very good condition and the room is very clean. Free Wi-Fi but no free breakfast. When I asked about free breakfast the manager on duty who happened to be at the front desk gave me a voucher for free breakfast. Breakfast there is quite nice and has a large menu. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012
Sedi H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this review, 14 April 2012
To our guest from Connecticut,

I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with fellow TripAdvisor travelers! We truly value your business, and appreciate you staying with us. Our goal is to make sure all of our guests are 100% satisfied, everytime. I am glad we were able to deliver a great stay to you.

If I can be of any further service to you, please let me know. I hope to see you again the next time your are in the Fargo area!

Thanks again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Minneapolis
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Excellent Hotel! I made the reservation online for two rooms and added a note for rooms close together and by the pool, both requests were granted. Clean, great bed, very friendly staff, excellent breakfast! No complaints whatsoever. I would DEFINITELY stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Sedi H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
To our guest from Minneapolis,

Thank you for taking the time to tell others about your stay with us! We truly appreciate your business! I am glad we were able to accommodate your requests, as we always do our best to make sure you receive what you ask for. We pride ourselves on accommodating all of our guests needs, whatever they might be.

If I can be of any further service to you, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time! Thank you again for staying with us.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 1 April 2012

This is the fourth time I have stayed there in the past two months and this week long stay solidified the Hilton Garden Inn of Fargo as my go to hotel whenever I am there. The location of this hotel is fantastic as it is near the West Acres mall as well as great restaurants like Spitfire (a must eat place). Everything you will need is within 2-3 miles.

The service of the staff was superb, whether at breakfast or while grabbing a cocktail in the lounge in the evening. We did not eat dinner but I can tell you that the breakfast was more than satisfactory.

The housekeeping staff was very conscious of you and did a great job keeping the rooms in great shape. I had to move rooms due to an upgrade later in my stay and forgot an item. The housekeeper moved this to the new room and left a note apologizing for entering my room but thought I would need the item. She was right since it was my toiletries bag, but how thoughtful was it to leave a note like that!

I have stayed at Hilton hotels before but this one was my best overall stay yet.

Room Tip: This is a business hotel during the week and a Canadian tourist hotel on the weekends. Two beds are...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
To our guest from Minneapolis,

Thank you for taking the time to share you experience at our hotel with the TripAdvisor community. We truly appreciate your business, and I am thrilled we have delivered multiple great stays for you. I also wanted to thank you for recognizing one of our great team members, Kim in housekeeping! She truly is a great asset to our hotel, and sincerely cares about our guest's experiences.

If you stay with us again, please let me know so I can thank you in person. Again, thank you for sharing your experience with me and the whole TripAdvisor community. I hope we get the opportunity to serve you again soon!
Maple Grove, Minnesota
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Our family of 4 stayed here in Feb 2012 for a youth hockey tournmament. The hotel and staff were wonderful! Location was fantastic! They went the extra mile and posted game brackets in the lobby- highlighting the 4 hockey teams that were staying in their hotel, had directions to rinks, had free cookies one day for the boys, had free vitamin water another day for the boys, hosted Mighty Ducks movie night with free popcorn. They really made it comfortable to stay there. Hotel was very clean, stafff was very courteous. Lobby bar/restaurant was very nice. Great to tuck the kids in bed then wander down for some adult time. Location was great- just off the interstate so easy to find! Lots of restaurants nearby, many within walking distance, easy access to West Acres Mall. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
To our Squirt Tournament guest from Maple Grove,

I just wanted to quickly thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. We were honored to be a host hotel for the Squirt Tournament, and am truly happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! I am thrilled you enjoyed all of the extra touches we did for you and all the teams that stayed here. We sincerely appreciated the opportunity to have your team here, and hopefully we will see you and your team next year!

If I can be of any further service to you, please let me know at any time!

Thank you again!
Newville, Alabama
Reviewed 16 March 2012

This hotel is your typical Hilton Garden Inn. Everything was nice and the staff is very hospitable. Clean rooms and well taken care of. Great location to mall, restaurants and not far from the airport. (Maybe 4 miles)

Room Tip: The Hilton Garden Inn Sleep system bed - you either love it or hate it!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Farrahtravels
Edina, Minnesota
Reviewed 10 March 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Fargo and this Hotel is near the maall. We had gone there for a tennis tournament and it was just 15 minutes away. The staff are friendly. There was a refrigirator and a microwave in the room. We bought bread from breadsmith and some food from target which was 2 minutes away. In th eevening the theater was a walking distance. Overall the hotel price was very reasonable and the stay comfortable. I would stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor and the scene was beautiful.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Sedi H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
To our guest from Edina:

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for sharing your experience with us and others on TripAdvisor! I am glad you had a positive experience and would stay with us again! I do agree, the view from the top floor is fantastic. One of our best features is our proximity to anything you might need in Fargo, as you mentioned all of the close-by stores and attractions.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback, please let us know if we can be of service again!
Portland
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Stayed a few nights in February 2012.

Arrived late in the evening (plenty of fast food nearby if you want to pick up some late night quick food). Check-in was easy and very polite. They recognized my HHonors Gold Status and thanked me for my loyalty.

Room was good-sized, very clean as a obviously a newer hotel. Good-sized bathroom. Comfortable bed with nice linens.

The power went out in this hotel sometime around 6am and was our for many hours. I don't think this was a hotel problem as half the block lost power. However, the hotel could have handled this interruption better. There was no apology, explanation, request for re-accommodation (for example what about those that might have wanted to use a hair dryer or iron in the morning). Later in the morning when the power came back there was a problem in the kitchen and the lobby filled with smoke. Again, no apology, explanation. All very strange, sort of, "Oh, well" attitude from the hotel staff. Not usually what I see from a Hilton.

Otherwise, fine, newer hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
To our guest from Portland!

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your stay with us in February! I just wanted to apologize for your experience during the power outage and how we handled it while you were here. When we reviewed it as a team later, we realized we could have done a few things better, as you noted. This is the first power outage I have experienced here at the HGI, and since then we have put in new processes and procedures to better address our guests needs when this situation arises. You are correct regarding the cause of the issue, it was not just our hotel, it was about 10 city blocks that did not have power during this time.

Again, thank you for your feedback, we truly appreciate it and take it seriously. Please contact me if we can be of any further service in the future!