“Extras are a nice touch”

Hilton Garden Inn Fargo
Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Madison, Wisconsin
“Extras are a nice touch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

This hotel is wonderful. Greeted at the door by a towering entry, a table laden with coffee, tea, infused water, cookies and more, I was very pleasantly surprised to end a long week of difficult travel at this location. My room was beautiful with a living room area that included a desk, sofa, lounge chair, refrigerator, Keurig coffee maker, and restful with a very comfortable bed and sleeping area. I also had a friend waiting to greet me on this Halloween week visit - see attached picture. Breakfast the next morning provided many choices including a made-to-order omelet and hot cheesy potatoes.

This was a short one night stay for me but it was full of smiles from the staff who obviously love their jobs. Their enthusiasm made me smile and made a good stay great.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Josh E, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear kimmers79,

Thank you for your kind review and for sharing about your experience at our hotel with the TripAdvisor community!

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, and that the rubber ducky in your bathroom made you smile! We love to hear that our guests are smiling and having a great time - that's our goal for each and every one!

I will be sure to pass on your comments to the rest of our team, as they'll be excited to hear about another satisfied guest, such as yourself.

Thank you so much for your feedback, and we look forward to your return visit!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
winnipeg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

we really enjoy staying at this hotel. Staff is always very polite and helpfull. It is close to West Acres mall and other shops and restaurants. Would definitely reccomend this hotel to friends and relatives.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Josh E, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear sara s,

Thank you so much for staying at our hotel, and also for taking the time to post a review of your time here! I am glad to see that our team members were helpful during your stay. They are all top-notch, and we are fortunate to have them working at our hotel, serving our guests.

Thank you so much for the recommendations! They are very much appreciated!
Fridley, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

We stayed two nights for my brother-in-law's wedding and we'd stay again in a second. The moment we walked in I knew we were in for a treat. Free snacks! Fruit infused water! An area for kids to relax and play games! Warm and open with lots of comfy seating. The rooms were spacious and inviting. The bed must have been comfortable because I slept like a rock both nights - that might have also had to do with a wee bit o' drinkin' - but I digress. The reception was also at the hotel and it was one of the best I've been to! The food was incredible, to the point where I will do whatever I have to in order to have that caprese pasta again. Hotel management, if you're reading, I'm not kidding about that! The drinks were tasty, the bartender was outstanding (I wish I could remember names but I barely remembered my own by the end of the night), and a grand time was had by all! We will be back!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear Kristin O,

We are reading!! And we can't wait to have you back so we can serve you more caprese pasta!

And thank you so much for your kind review! We really enjoy getting our hotel ready for all our guests, especially those who come in on the weekend. Thanks for mentioning a few of the amenities we offer in our hotel, like our KidZone area, which is designed for all of our younger guests (and their families) to enjoy all weekend.

See you soon!
Warroad, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

My wife and i recently stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn while attending a family wedding. Other family members elected to stay at the Radison where the wedding reception was held. While visiting, we found their rooms to be much smaller and less clean/comfortable then our accomodations, and they complained of having to pay a dialy parkling fee ( of which the amount wasn't even posted or disclosed at the time of check-in). By comparison, our stay at The Hilton Garden Inn went from good to great!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Josh E, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Jay B,

Thank you so much for your kind review! I am always happy to hear from a satisfied guest. Our team really appreciates the feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, and that you felt we were a more comfortable hotel than what your family and friends experienced.

We look forward to your next visit. Until then, take care!
Blaine, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

Very nice hotel, good food and probably the most friendly staff I've encountered in a long time. I would definitely stay at this hotel the next time I am in Fargo. I would also recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Brian A,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review here on TripAdvisor! I am glad to see that you enjoyed your time here and appreciated our friendly staff. We are very fortunate to have the team you interacted with during your time here. Thank you for your recommendation and intent to stay at our hotel the next time you're in town. Both really mean a lot to us, and we look forward to serving you again!
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

Many current hotels/motels have pleasant and comfortable accommodations and edible breakfasts; this Inn had much more ! the lobby contains a lovely tea/coffee/cocoa set-up that greets you as you arrive with little snacks also. Right beside the lobby is a "childrens room " where kids can watch their own TV, play games, have Krispie bars and juice. Your room is very clean, comfortable and well equipped with anything you might need; 3 pillows, sparkly clean sheets and towels, handy desk w/ computer hook up, Kruerig coffee bar, frig., etc.. then, to your delight, as you prepare for your bath, you spy the coupe de grace, YOUR OWN LITTLE RUBBER DUCKY ! Can't beat that !

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank JAKWisconsin
Dear JAKWisconsin,

Thank you for posting this review! I am glad to hear you had a great time at our hotel. We always aim for 100% satisfaction, and it appears we met our goal with you!
Thank you so much for mentioning some of the amenities we offer our guests, such as our KidZone, the Starbucks coffee and Tazo tea in the lobby, and the new Keurigs in our rooms (not to mention the cleanliness and comfort we offer (as well as the rubber ducky in the bathtub!)

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community, as well as the encouragement it means for our teammates here at our hotel. It is greatly appreciated, and we look forward to your next visit!
Fargo, ND, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

I cannot say enough about your hotel and your staff. Every experience we have ever had with this hotel has been absolutely amazing. The staff are so caring and really make you feel like you are the only guest in the hotel. We had our wedding reception there and I tell everyone how awesome it was to work with the staff there - we have come back for our anniversary once and plan to continue that tradition :) Beds were hard, that is my only complaint (even with the sleep number turned all the way to soft). Other than that, the experience was more than I could have asked for.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Josh E, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear Shaylee,

Thanks for coming back to see us! We were so happy to be a part of your wedding celebration, and glad to be able to host you on your anniversary. We love celebrating with people no matter the occasion, and always try our best to make the celebrations memorable. Thank you so much for the kind review here on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to your next stay with us!