“Meh” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Winnipeg, Canada
“Meh”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

We requested and were given a quiet room away from the ice-making machine and any large groups. This was appreciated. The coffe maker made cold tea for my Mom and it made cold coffe for me the next morning. Although I followed the step-by-step illustrations on the machine, there was obviously something very wrong with the machine if it produced two cold bevereges that should have been hot. I mentioned to the front desk that the machine needed to be fixed. She assurerd me that someone would pop into the room to fix or replace the broken machine The faulty machine was not fixed or removed as the desk clerk had promised. Instead, house-keeping left a note indicating how bevereges should be made. Apparently, we were supposed to know that you have to wait three minutes before pressing the second button in order to get a hot drink. We asked the front desk to remove our used towels that were piled in the tub and to please bring us a few fresh towels. They neglected to do this. Overall, an okay stay, but not what I have experienced in the past

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LDWinnipeg
Josh E, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear LDWinnipeg,

Thank you so much for your candid comments regarding your stay at our hotel. I am sorry to hear that we were unable to earn a better review than this, and that our team failed in our goal of 100% satisfaction. I would to offer you a full refund on your stay, as what you experienced does not meet the high standards we set for ourselves. Furthermore, I would like to have an opportunity for our hotel to exceed all your expectations. Thus, I would like to offer you a VIP pass so that you can come back to our hotel and have a night on us.

The issues you experienced during your stay are not normal, as you can hopefully tell from the previous TripAdvisor reviews. Our team is dedicated to excellence in all aspects of our hotel, from service to cleanliness to quality, and I think if you take me up on a chance to come back and stay for free, you'll notice that what you experienced is not the norm at our hotel.

Please feel free to contact me by email at erickson@raymondteam.com or by phone at 701-499-6000, and I'd be more than happy to discuss this arrangement with you.

Thanks again for your comments, and also for staying with us in the first place! You are very much appreciated!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Oakland, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

The hotel was very clean, comfortable and well kept. Staff were very friendly and helpful. I was traveling for business, but the hotel is well suited for personal travel also. Great place to stay and good value.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank William E
Dear William E,

Thank you for staying with us while you were in Fargo recently. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall, and we'll look forward to your return visit in the future.

Thanks also for the recommendation to the TripAdvisor community; that is very much appreciated!

We take great pride in our hotel, especially in regard to cleanliness and friendly service, so I am glad to hear that those two items were noticeable to you.

Thanks again for staying with us, and also for your feedback. I'll be sure to share it with our team!
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

This hotel is wonderful. Greeted at the door by a towering entry, a table laden with coffee, tea, infused water, cookies and more, I was very pleasantly surprised to end a long week of difficult travel at this location. My room was beautiful with a living room area that included a desk, sofa, lounge chair, refrigerator, Keurig coffee maker, and restful with a very comfortable bed and sleeping area. I also had a friend waiting to greet me on this Halloween week visit - see attached picture. Breakfast the next morning provided many choices including a made-to-order omelet and hot cheesy potatoes.

This was a short one night stay for me but it was full of smiles from the staff who obviously love their jobs. Their enthusiasm made me smile and made a good stay great.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear kimmers79,

Thank you for your kind review and for sharing about your experience at our hotel with the TripAdvisor community!

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, and that the rubber ducky in your bathroom made you smile! We love to hear that our guests are smiling and having a great time - that's our goal for each and every one!

I will be sure to pass on your comments to the rest of our team, as they'll be excited to hear about another satisfied guest, such as yourself.

Thank you so much for your feedback, and we look forward to your return visit!
winnipeg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

we really enjoy staying at this hotel. Staff is always very polite and helpfull. It is close to West Acres mall and other shops and restaurants. Would definitely reccomend this hotel to friends and relatives.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Josh E, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear sara s,

Thank you so much for staying at our hotel, and also for taking the time to post a review of your time here! I am glad to see that our team members were helpful during your stay. They are all top-notch, and we are fortunate to have them working at our hotel, serving our guests.

Thank you so much for the recommendations! They are very much appreciated!
Fridley, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

We stayed two nights for my brother-in-law's wedding and we'd stay again in a second. The moment we walked in I knew we were in for a treat. Free snacks! Fruit infused water! An area for kids to relax and play games! Warm and open with lots of comfy seating. The rooms were spacious and inviting. The bed must have been comfortable because I slept like a rock both nights - that might have also had to do with a wee bit o' drinkin' - but I digress. The reception was also at the hotel and it was one of the best I've been to! The food was incredible, to the point where I will do whatever I have to in order to have that caprese pasta again. Hotel management, if you're reading, I'm not kidding about that! The drinks were tasty, the bartender was outstanding (I wish I could remember names but I barely remembered my own by the end of the night), and a grand time was had by all! We will be back!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear Kristin O,

We are reading!! And we can't wait to have you back so we can serve you more caprese pasta!

And thank you so much for your kind review! We really enjoy getting our hotel ready for all our guests, especially those who come in on the weekend. Thanks for mentioning a few of the amenities we offer in our hotel, like our KidZone area, which is designed for all of our younger guests (and their families) to enjoy all weekend.

See you soon!
Warroad, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

My wife and i recently stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn while attending a family wedding. Other family members elected to stay at the Radison where the wedding reception was held. While visiting, we found their rooms to be much smaller and less clean/comfortable then our accomodations, and they complained of having to pay a dialy parkling fee ( of which the amount wasn't even posted or disclosed at the time of check-in). By comparison, our stay at The Hilton Garden Inn went from good to great!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Josh E, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Jay B,

Thank you so much for your kind review! I am always happy to hear from a satisfied guest. Our team really appreciates the feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, and that you felt we were a more comfortable hotel than what your family and friends experienced.

We look forward to your next visit. Until then, take care!
Blaine, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

Very nice hotel, good food and probably the most friendly staff I've encountered in a long time. I would definitely stay at this hotel the next time I am in Fargo. I would also recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Brian A,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review here on TripAdvisor! I am glad to see that you enjoyed your time here and appreciated our friendly staff. We are very fortunate to have the team you interacted with during your time here. Thank you for your recommendation and intent to stay at our hotel the next time you're in town. Both really mean a lot to us, and we look forward to serving you again!