“Two unforgivable service sins”

Hilton Garden Inn Fargo
Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Michigan
“Two unforgivable service sins”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Sure, there are nice things that could be said about this property. Some very complimentary things. But I can't and won't.

The first sin was the sin of no housekeeping. Not the end of the world. But compounded by the unforgivable service industry sin of failing to apologize. Whoever teaches these people customer service skills has demonstrated a huge fail. Rude checkin experience followed by this. A compounding failure in customer service.

Room Tip: Lots of lodging options in Fargo... and a lot more coming. Choose another property.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank jra3

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Minot, United States
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Wonderful property. Breakfast is of course fantastic. One if Hilton's shining stars. My 2 year old daughter loves the little yellow bath duck as well. Clean rooms, the fan on the heater can be run all nitght for comfort, just the little things I guess. Thank you.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Josh E, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear William F,

Thanks for the review! We love giving away our ducks, so I'm glad to hear your daughter enjoyed hers! We do take pride in the cleanliness of our hotel, so thanks for noticing and commenting on that. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again the next time you're in town. Have a great day!
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I was on my way to spend Thanksgiving in a nursing home with my dying mother & commented on how much I loved the Thanksgiving Duckies & that I was so surprised that it was OK to take the ducks from the rooms as I thought it would be stealing. The staff gave me some Duckies to start my Hilton Duckie collection since I’ve never taken a duck from a room in all my Hilton stays. Their kindness brought joy to my family very sad Thanksgiving –everyone loved the very creative, happy Duckies! I will never forget my stay at the Fargo Hilton.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

I am very sorry to hear that your mother is not doing well, but I am glad to hear that we were able to bring a little joy to you and your family in the midst of that situation. Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel over the holiday weekend, and feel free to take another duck the next time you stay with us!
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Everything about this hotel was top shelf. The beds are crazy firm and that is great for my back as it likes a firm bed. I think i saw a wood duck out the window during my stay, it was odd as it was late november and also wood ducks stuck!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Michael Y,

Thank you for staying with us recently, we're glad you did! Thanks also for taking some time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community. I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit. Stay warm in Winnipeg!!
North Dakota, United States
Reviewed 4 December 2013

My husband and I stayed here over Thanksgiving. The room was clean, no problems. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The fitness room was well-equipped, but could have used a fan. Breakfast was wonderful.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Julie H,
Thank you for posting this review here on TripAdvisor! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time spent with us over Thanksgiving. Thank you for the input on the fitness center as well, I will see if we can't get a fan put in there. We do have a few box fans available upon request, so if you stay with us again, don't hesitate to ask for one, or for anything else - we'd be happy to take care of you!
Mpls, United States
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We look forward to our time in Fargo North Dakota because we know when we arrive we will be treated as special guests. The staff always makes sure we have a room ready when we arrive early. We love the comfortable beds and the privacy each room provides. We often invite our friends and clients to meet us for dinner in the dining room. The food is tasty and priced fairly. We love to sit by the fireplace at chat after working all day, fresh coffee and cookies are something we look forward to as a reward for the day. I suggest trying the Hilton, once you do, you will return time after time like we do. Enjoy!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Wes H,

Thank you for your review! We always enjoy hosting you when you're here in Fargo. See you again soon!
Chaska, Minnesota
Reviewed 29 November 2013

We always stay at Hilton. This was terrible. Beds are hard as rocks. Pillows stink and need to be cleaned. Very uncomfortable. Room across from pool entrance awfully noisy. Room is run down and needs a facelift as well as public areas. Travel a lot. This Hilton does not meet the standard. Sorry. Clean your pillows and replace the rocks you call comfortable beds!

Room Tip: Not room 132 right across fro. Pool entrance
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Gwendolynn L
Josh E, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Dear frostbitinminnesota,

Please accept my apologies for the issues you experienced during your stay. If we haven't refunded your stay already, please contact me at erickson@raymondteam.com, so that I can take care of your stay on us. We do not expect you to pay for a stay you weren't 100% satisfied with.

I especially want to apologize for the issue you experienced with the pillows in your room. We have plenty of pillows on hand, and are happy to replace them upon request. That being said, our pillows are on a scheduled cycle to be deep cleaned, so I will have to look into when those pillows were last deep cleaned. Of course, our pillowcases and pillow protectors are laundered after every guest checks out.

Regarding the comfort of the bed, it is unfortunate that some guests do not sleep well on our adjustable Garden Sleep System beds. If you read many of our recent TripAdvisor comments, you will see that is our #1 complaint, but you will also see many guests who sleep well on them, and love them each time they stay with us. It is very difficult to have a type of bed that every person enjoys. We do have mattress pads available that do help soften our mattresses, and are happy to place those on the beds upon request.

I would also like to hear more about your comments about the room being run down. We have many comments about how beautiful and well-kept our rooms are, so if we missed one for some reason, I'll be sure to have our maintenance team take a look and fix it up right away.

Again, I apologize that your stay wasn't a good one, and I want to make it right with you. Please contact me at your leisure so that I can find your reservation and refund your payment. I would also like to discuss further accommodations for you due to your experience.

Thank you for the feedback you've given us. I am certain our hotel will be better because of your comments. Have a great day, and I look forward to hearing from you!