“had a great stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Fargo
Ranked #6 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This hotel has a very nice staff, who works there for long time. It is also pretty quiet hotel with easy access to shopping and restaurants. It is about five minutes from the airport. This year I also noticed they are building a Hilton suites hotel next door. Thank you staff for your warm welcome.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Sedi H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

To our guest from sunny LA,

I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that your interactions with our team were positive. We do our very best to ensure all of our guests have a great stay with us, and I am glad we were able to provide you with that.

I hope you have a great rest of the summer, I hope we see you again the next time you are in Fargo!

Thanks again!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Nice looking property, but this time when I stayed, the beds were terribly uncomfortable. Fridge was unplugged and we couldn't reach the plug in because it was kind of behind the furniture. And the pool closed early on a Friday during the summer months. Just kind of disappointing...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank April F
Josh E, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear April F,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay at our hotel. Thank you for the compliment about how our property looks! We do spend a lot of time and effort to make sure our hotel is visually appealing, while also ensuring the cleanliness and comfort that all guests expect.

I am sorry to hear that you felt the beds were uncomfortable, and that you may have not gotten a good night's sleep at our hotel. We do have Garden Sleep System beds which are adjustable, and we do normally get a range of comments, as many people really like the feel of the mattress. However, some guests do not. We are currently evaluating all feedback about our beds, as we consider what type of bed may be best in the future for our guest rooms. Our hotel is not getting any younger, and we will be replacing beds at some point in the future, so all guest feedback is certainly welcome!

I do apologize that your room was less than perfect, with the fridge being unplugged and not ready for your use. This should have been caught during the housekeeping supervisor's inspection, and I have reminded the housekeeping team to keep an eye out for unplugged fridges.

We have received other feedback about the pool closing time. That is something we will certainly consider changing for the summer months. Thank you for letting us know that you would like that to change. I am sorry that you were hoping to swim and were unable to do so.

In ending this reply to your review, I would like to offer you a refund on your stay, as any one of the previous issues is reason enough for you to be less than 100% satisfied, which is our goal for every guest's stay. Please contact me at erickson@raymondteam.com to let me know if you would like to accept that offer.

Also, I would like you to keep in mind that we have a Guest Service Team ready and able to assist with any requests or issues that any guest may be experiencing. I do believe we could have solved most of these issues for you while you were at our hotel. We could have brought you a mattress pad for the bed, a refrigerator from a different room that was already cold, and our Manager on Duty could have possibly made an exception for the pool closing time. All of the teammates that work here are here for one reason: our guests. They are the most important thing to us, and nothing pleases us more than to fulfill their requests and to create a great experience for every one of them, every time!

Thanks again for staying with us, and we hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed here for one night---it's a nice, new hotel which is an excellent value. It's in the western suburbs of Fargo, near a number of restaurants, including fine dining. The drive to downtown Fargo (rather depressing center city) is only 10 minutes or so, and it's probably better to be out in the suburbs. Our KIng Room was very comfortable with all the features you normally get with this chain. The bathroom was relatively small but well furnished. This Hilton Garden also has some unique features---like the bathroom door closes automatically (didn't really like this feature). The breakfast buffet was in line with other HIlton Gardens, and we noted that the fruit was nice and fresh, unlike what you find on many such buffets. Staff were friendly, and we've always found this to be the case with Hilton Gardens. For the quality of the room, furnishings, etc., the price was quite reasonable. Perhaps this is a factor of the going rate in Fargo, but we've stayed in many Hilton Gardens, and this is one of the best prices we've ever gotten.

Room Tip: The hotel is away from the interstate, so all rooms are relatively quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Josh E, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear lchjr,

Thank you for reviewing our property, and taking the time to explain to potential guests what you experienced! Thank you for the flattering comment about us being new! I will be sure to pass that on to our maintenance and housekeeping teams, as they do such a great job keeping up our hotel. We will be celebrating our 5 year anniversary this next November!

You are correct about our rates - they do tend to reflect the market in Fargo, and on weekends may dip lower than during the week, depending on what is going on in Fargo. Our goal is to always back up our rates with appropriate value, so that no guest is ever left thinking they overpaid for their experience. We always try hard to provide each valued guest with 100% satisfaction!

Thanks again for the encouraging review, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Once again had the pleasure of staying at your wonderful hotel. Unfortunately, I recently began to use a wheelchair on occasion, and always use a cane. From the moment I phoned to make reservations, and talked with Libby, I was treated to the very, very best and most considerate service. My friend kept asking me if I had stayed there so often that everyone knew me, because all the staff, regardless of their job always said hello, how are you?, is there anything they could do for us, did we need anything, and they were smiling and happy and most importantly, genuine. I laughed and said, no I personally had only stayed there twice before, but got that same level of service every single time. I don't know how you manage to attract and maintain such a high level of professional personnel, but whatever you are doing, don't change a thing. It is working at the highest level. The rooms are wonderful, fresh, comfortable and quiet. Cannot wait until my next visit!!

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues, just ask for a room close to the elevator. You will not hear the eleva...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ThePeggers

To our guest from Winnipeg,

Thank you so much for your review! It is very encouraging for me and our team to hear about such a fantastic experience that you had at our hotel! We really enjoy taking care of all our guests, and I am sure our team enjoyed interacting with you as much as you enjoyed staying here.

We also cannot wait for your next visit! Thanks again for the review, and we'll see you next time!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Comfortable, very clean rooms. Well equipped and functional workout room. We arrived tired after a long day of driving and the restaurant/bar was noisy. If you want bar food, the offerings were good but it was not exactly a comfortable restaurant experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Carl M

Dear Carl M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am pleased to hear that you were comfortable and enjoyed the cleanliness of our guest rooms. Our Garden Grille & Bar definitely morphs to whatever guests are staying with us. It can be a very quiet, laid-back experience during the week, and can be a little louder and fast-paced on the weekend, especially if we have weddings in our hotel, or families with children. Our restaurant team does their best to serve all guests well and to ensure that all guests have a great time and are served high-quality food. We hope you'll have the chance to come back and try us again in the future! Have a great day!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

A very nice hotel within 10 minutes of about everywhere in Fargo. within walking distance of the mall, movie theatre, and many other destinations this hotel was perfect location for me. The rooms were very clean and the staff was helpful. As someone who regularly travels for business I have no complaints about this hotel and would definitly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Josh E, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Christopher B,

Thank you for the review! We are very grateful for our location, being close to both interstates, West Acres Mall, plenty of restaurants, and the new Prairie Stone Retail Center, which should be completed later this summer. Thanks for noticing the cleanliness of our hotel and the helpfulness of our teammates; we all work hard to provide a great experience for all of our valued guests. We hope you'll have the chance to stay with us again. Thanks for the recommendation!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We usually stay at the Hilton Garden Inn when in Fargo. Rooms are clean, beds are very comfortable, water pressure in the shower is great and the location is perfect. The rates are usually pretty good but sometimes they seem higher depending on what may be happening in the city. Looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Josh E, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear James G,

Thanks for taking the time to post this review. We are very thankful that you had the opportunity to stay with us, and that you had a great stay as well! I am glad you noticed the cleanliness of our guest rooms. Our housekeeping team works very hard to keep our rooms clean, and are currently ranked in the top 1% for cleanliness in the Hilton Garden Inn brand. Cleanliness and service are two things we always try to focus on with our teams, and I am glad to hear that your room was noticeably clean!

Regarding the rates: we do have high demand for our guest rooms, especially on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and weekends when we have large wedding blocks or special events in town. We have a generous cancellation policy, so I always tell guests to book earlier than later, as the rates normally only go up the closer we get to the arrival date. A couple options to save money would be by booking an Advance Purchase (this is non-refundable, but you get a discounted rate), or by booking one of our packages on our Special Offers page on our website.

Thanks again for the review James, and we also look forward to your next visit!