“Great place to stay in Fargo”

Hilton Garden Inn Fargo
Ranked #6 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The room was clean and well furnished. The bar had a good selection and great service. The breakfast was rapidly served and the food well prepared. The fitness center was well appointed, but lacked a regular bicycle. My only complaint was that the internet access was slow.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Josh E, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you for your review of our hotel! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our property. I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast experience, and that your food was well prepared and served on a timely basis! Regarding the internet, I am sorry that our complimentary wi-fi was not up to the speed you have wanted. I am pleased to let you know that we do offer an upgraded premium internet service for $4.95 per day, which allows guests with a need for higher bandwidth the opportunity to upgrade to a faster speed.

Please feel free to discuss this internet service with our friendly Guest Service Representatives at any point during your next stay. If you have any further comments or questions, please let us know!

Have a great day!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

My husband and I were headed across country this past July and choose this Hotel sight unseen. I was impressed by the efforts they made to have things be convenient and give a bit of joy too! There were refreshments available when we entered, a kids play area, and friendly staff. The room was spacious (which was good, because we exercised in the extra space) and the bed was comfortable - and adjustable! I was impressed and would stay again or recommend to anyone!

Room Tip: We stayed in a King - lots of space and on the third floor. No noise!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Josh E, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Nerd-outside-food,

Thanks for the review! We are glad you had the chance to try us out during your cross country trip recently, and that we were able to impress you with our hotel, and some of the fun things we do for our guests, including the lobby refreshments and KidZone on the weekends. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed sleeping on our Garden Sleep System beds as well!

We hope you'll have the chance to stay with us again if you ever find yourself in Fargo in the future. Have a great rest of the summer!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Had a very good stay at this Hilton Property in Fargo. Hotel is clean with courteous and professional employees. The property was very busy the weekend we stayed two weddings were at the hotel and several things going on in the Fargo area. The hotel handled everything well noise level was okay, and service was good. I am a Hilton Honors member and this is a good property compared to other Hiltons I have stayed at.

Just a couple of minor issues the price I thought was a little high $189 on sat. night and $155 on sunday night is high considering there is not continental breakfast and the pool is very small. I would say some hotels in the area were more reasonably priced for the weekend. I was traveling by myself and would have looked elsewhere if I had my family with me. I think you may eventually lose customers if not more price competitive. Elevators are slow and selection at the lobby bar is limited. But the bartenders did a good job.

I hope to continue to use this hotel when in Fargo, the location is good, and as mentioned earlier it is a well run property just try to be more reasonable with prices. I don't mind paying for good service but there are other hotels that offer good service in Fargo that are asking much less for rooms.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Josh E, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear stdokl,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review here on TripAdvisor! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that you'll continue to stay with us.

Our rates do fluctuate based on demand here in Fargo, and Fargo is a busy town! As you may see from previous reviews, our hotel tends to fill up quickly, especially during the week, and on weekends with city-wide events. Thus, our rates reflect that demand. We always encourage guests to book earlier, as rates generally move up closer to the day of arrival. Other options for better rates include AAA rates or the Advance Purchase Rate (just make sure your travel plans won't change, as this rate is non-refundable).

We believe that our rates are backed up by the service, experience, and amenities we offer in our hotel, including our Garden Grille Restaurant & Bar on site, pool and fitness center, microwaves/Keurigs/refrigerators in every room, the HHonors rewards program, and the 100% Satisfaction Guarantee that promises full satisfaction or we don't expect you to pay. Those are some of the reasons why we price our hotel possibly higher than other hotels in Fargo.

If you have any further questions, or comments, please let me know. You can reach me by email at erickson@raymondteam.com!

Have a great day!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Firs time we stayed here and would go back again. room was well appointed-clean and quiet. Staff were so genuinely kind. It was pouring rain and I had parked my car. They saw me coming and ran out with an umbrella and opened all the doors. Later that night we were bringing in garbage to recycle and housekeeping saw what we had and came and took it off our hands before we hit the elevator. Great staff-nicely done lobby and lounge-liked this hotel best in my 10 day travels!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Josh E, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear DawninWinnipeg,

Thank you for posting this review of our hotel! I am thrilled to hear that you liked our hotel best during your travels. We really try hard to provide 100% satisfaction for all guests, and I am glad to hear that you noticed! We have some great teammates at our hotel, and I am proud to work with each one of them.

Thanks for choosing to stay with us, and we hope you will come back again sometime in the future! Have a great day, and a great rest of the summer!

Reviewed 12 July 2014

A nice and clean new hotel. Very friendly staff and nice looking lobby and rooms. There were just a few flaws with the hotel. Our room and the hallways of the hotel were very hot like the air conditioning wasn't turned on. As well, the beds are horrible. They said we were getting 2 queen beds but those beds were more like doubles than queens. Extremely uncomfortable (even after adjusting the sleep number) and the pillows were really uncomfortable as well. Probably the worst thing is that the linens are not pure cotton. The cover is a nylon and you can see that the sheets have a high nylon content. This just makes the sleep that much warmer than it should be. I would recommend this hotel for the price and for the friendly staff but I would recommend that you not share your bed as this would make an already uncomfortable bed that much more uncomfortable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Luckyduck2012

Dear Luckyduck2012,

Thank you for staying at our hotel during your recent trip to Fargo! We understand that travelers to Fargo have a wealth of choices for hotel stays, and we are honored that you would have chosen us. We hope you'll give us another chance in the future!

Please allow me to respond to just a couple of the flaws you mentioned about our hotel.

I assure you that we do have air conditioning in our hallways, but on very hot and humid days, our system does have a hard time keeping up with the heat and humidity in the air. Thankfully, our room a/c systems are extremely efficient, and any guest can turn down the a/c in each room to a very comfortable temperature.

I am sorry that you did not like the beds or the sheets that you slept on. We guarantee a great night's sleep, or you shouldn't have to pay for your stay. If you would like me to refund your stay in full, please contact me by email at erickson@raymondteam.com or by phone at 701.499.6000.

Thank you again for staying with us, and also for the (even somewhat hesitant) recommendation! We hope you'll give us another chance the next time you stay in Fargo.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for one night at the end of a family reunion vacation in Detroit Lakes and Fargo. Upon arrival, we were impressed by the light in the front lobby, as well as Starbucks coffee, tea and cookies. Addison, who was working at the front desk, was able to retrieve very quickly a map and directions to the cemetery where my father was buried - after several attempts to find it with our GPS failed. He was also helpful and polite in answering our questions and suggesting local restaurants. The room was quiet, clean, and included a microwave and small refrigerator. The bed was very comfortable and the hotel quickly responded in our request for extra pillows. We enjoyed the hot tub and the pool was also very clean and attractive. Be aware that when you book your reservation, breakfast is not included - something that we misunderstood, but the Assistant Manager was very gracious and said that the hotel has a 100% satisfaction guarantee, reimbursing us for breakfast and offering more (which we won't take). It's hard to find this level of service anywhere these days, so we are quite impressed! Other than the small misunderstanding, we were more than satisfied and hope to go back! We've stayed at many hotels, usually Marriott, but I highly recommend Hilton Garden Inn after this experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Josh E, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Barbara W,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel! I appreciate your candid comments about your entire experience and I am thrilled to hear that you will come back some day, and that you have given us a recommendation too!

We apologize for the misunderstanding about breakfast, and thank you for bringing that up so that future guests can know that we offer a great cooked to order breakfast out of our Garden Grille. It is $9.95 and all-inclusive of omelets, pancakes, french toast, eggs however you like them, fresh fruit, pastries, homemade caramel and cinnamon rolls, and always a daily special created by our cooks.

Thanks again for staying with us, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

This is a great hotel in Fargo. There are places to eat and great bars nearby. Will definately stay here again. This hotel is usually sold out so get reservations ahead of time. The bartenders are a lot of fun and there are return customers so it adds to the experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Josh E, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Martin B,

Thank you for posting a review of our hotel here on TripAdvisor, and for staying with us in the first place. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will come back again in the future!

We are fortunate to have some great bartenders on our team - fun people, as you say, and able to make some great drinks! You are right about getting reservations ahead of time, especially for Tuesday/Wednesdays, and busy weekends. We are often sold out 1-2 weeks ahead of time.

Thanks again for the review. We hope to see you again soon!