“Wonderful!”

Dining options: Reservations
North Dakota
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Our food was top notch,tastefully decorated and great service. We were visiting Fargo to attend a concert downtown and my supervisor at work recommended this restaurant. It was a little difficult to find but once we found it, we were pleasantly surprised. We will be back!

• Visited July 2012

Winnipeg, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pretty good”
Reviewed 8 June 2012

I was excited to try this place on my trip to Fargo, but was ultimately just slightly disappointed. I guess the usual restaurant is upstairs but they had a wedding going on so there were tables placed on half of the downstairs. So right off, I was disappointed on missing out on the apparently "amazing" historic decor. Also, our table was near the wall and there must have been an air vent directly above us, because we could feel a cold draft, so much so that I had to put on my sweater and jacket.

Our waitress didnt seem to like her job all that much, although she was never rude, and service was really really slow, probably because the kitchen was far away. The food was delicious, but the rest of the experience just wasn't what I was expecting.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Jo157
Fargo, North Dakota
“Excellent Food and Great Ambiance”
Reviewed 1 May 2012

This is my new favorite restaurant in Fargo. The food is excellent as is the service. I really like the historic atmosphere! On the negative side if the restaurant is full it can be a little noisy.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Dave12345_10
Northern Iowa
“A Delightful Surprise - Highly Recommended”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

My husband and I were in Fargo for a conference, and searched out A Taste of Italy on one of our free nights because we had seen a review on Trip Advisor. We were pleasantly surprised. The setting is beautiful - exquisite ceilings, gleaming wood floors, big windows, a dome, an open, airy, yet private feeling... The historic renovation is perfect. The food was a definite treat - the soup was incredible. My husband had a Tuscan sausage and I had a bisque with asparagus and blue cheese that was amazing. My husband enjoyed his antipasto, and I had a delicious manicotti / cannelloni filled with tender chicken and rosemary cream topped with a Gorgonzola cheese sauce. I loved it. I should also say that I own a restaurant and have very high expectations. I'm hard to impress. A Taste of Italy definitely made a great impression on me.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank SherrieH
West Fargo
“Pricy, but DELICIOUS!!!!”
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Some of my most amazing meals have come from this restaraunt. Love the large open area, not crammed into the person next to me. Fresh bread and flavorful soups. So much more on the menu than fetticuni alfredo and lasagna! We had an Italian seasoned steak and a chicken/veggie/pasta dish that was huge and we had to take some home. The service was friendly and attentive, never an empty water glass or unmet need. I just wish it wasn't so expensive, but it makes for a GREAT date night!

Visited December 2011