“Must be 21 to enter”
Review of JL Beers

JL Beers
Ranked #6 of 351 Restaurants in Fargo
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Award Winning Burgers with Fresh-cut Chips & Fries. 32 Beers on tap.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Attempted to have lunch here on a Monday. We were traveling with our daughter and were refused entry because she was under 21. Which seems ridiculous since they are a burger place. I’m assuming there must be some sort of law where a place has to decide between serving alcohol or serving families?! It happened at the neighboring taco place as well. This experience definitely changed my opinion of DT Fargo.

1  Thank KQuest
Lance T, Owner at JL Beers, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

KQuest, thanks for stopping by yesterday. We do serve excellent burgers, but we are a bar and all customers must be at least 21 years of age to enter. Thanks.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We enjoyed, as usual, the "Great American Cheeseburger"--which is just the way we used to have them in the 1950's. They are perfectly cooked. Be sure to ask for grilled onions and extra pickles. It's a real trip to nostalgia land. One of the nice things about JL Beers is, if you are in doubt as to which of the many beers they serve you might wan, they will give you a few small tastes of the contenders. That's a very nice amenity. Our service from Eric O was effective and friendly.

Lance T, Owner at JL Beers, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thanks for visiting, Doug! We'll pass on the compliments to Eric!

Reviewed 27 April 2018

This is one of my favorite spots to go to for a brew and burger with fries! Never disappointed! Seating can get a little cramped when busy. Now that spring finally arrived, the patio is a great place to sit as well!

Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

Their beer menu was superb and I love that it listed the IBU and ABV of each beer and and them sorted by type. It made the extensive beer menu easy to navigate. They were happy to let me sample the two I was deciding between.
I had just a regular chicken burger and it was outstanding! The pretzel appetizer was an actual pretzel, not just pretzel sticks. A great value! Their fries were fresh and hand cut. Overall super fresh food and any beer your heart could desire!

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

As all the previous reviews said, the burgers were amazing. They were amazing!! And at really good price. I couldn't be more satisfied with the service. If I come back to Fargo, I will definitely go again

Been to JL Beers? Share your experiences!