“Very good Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn & Suites Fargo
Ranked #12 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Even tho we had air conditioner problems, the room was fine. We woke before 5:30 a.m. and our room was 82 degrees. We had the air conditioner on when we went to bed and woke up sweating with the heat on. I called the front desk and he told us what to do on the thermostat. This didn't work so I called him back. He was very apologetic and turned the heat off n our room by throwing a breaker downstairs. As soon as we showered & ate the free breakfast we went to check out to continue our vacation. Again apologizing many times the front desk guy was more than happy to give me a receipt with all charges on the house. I told him that it wasn't his fault that the AC had messed up. I didn't catch his name however he was very kind. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
Joe V, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Dear Cocacolanana,

I can not thank you enough for staying here at the Hampton and I do apologize for the air conditioner problems you had. I am very happy that our front desk agent tried to make this right with you. I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast and we look forward to having you stay here again.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

The patio wasn't clean at all. Empty Coffee cups and cigarette butts littered the ground. Needs to be cleaned up and then powered washed. Cleaning staff, assembles outside the exterior wall of this room, which is problematic if you desire to sleep in after a long day of work.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Nicholas C

Thank you for bringing this to my attention I will be sure to get this cleaned up ASAP! I do apologize for the inconvenience you had witht the dirty patio. I also will address the housekeeping staff not to assemble right outside guest rooms. Thank you staying here at the Hampton Inn and we do hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

My family and I (2 adults and 3 kids - 13, 10 and 7) stayed here while driving out to Glacier National Park from the Chicago area. The hotel was clean and well kept. The staff was friendly and helpful. The fitness center had enough for us to do our normal workout routines, and the pool was great for our youngest, but our older boys didn't care for it. Overall, a great hotel and what I have come to expect from Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Joe V, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Dear FamilyGuy 60031,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites for your stay here in Fargo. I am very happy you and your family enjoyed our pool and fitness center. We hope to see you again when you travel through Fargo. Hope your trip to Glacier National Park was great!

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Stayed 2 nights last week. Fargo was full, so we ended up here. Standard Hampton room, bu the thermostat is by the door, so the AC droned on too long and froze you out and then stayed off too long and you got hot. Most Hampton's have the Thermostat near the bed.

The ventilation in the lobby was nasty some times, smelled like mold in the ductwork, kinda like sewer gas.

There are better places to stay in Fargo. I'd go back if I had to, but it'd not be my first choice.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Joe V, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Dear Astrobuf,

Thank you for your review of our hotel, our aplogies for the HVAC system and the placement. As for the smell you encountered we had a drain issue that day in our kitchen which was resolved, but the smell did linger in the lobby area and has since disappeared. I am very thankful you chose to stay here for your trip and i do sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

We took a road trip through 8 states in two weeks and spent a total of nine nights in Hampton Inn hotels. We have been in 48 of the 50 states, in the USA, and stay at Hampton Inns when available. The employees are pleasant, the breakfasts are always good and the rooms are always clean.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Edward N
Joe V, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Hi Edward N,

Thank you for choosing the Fargo Hampton Inn & Suites, we are very happy you chose to stay here. We are very pleased you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast and our friendly faces. We look forward to having you stay here agian in the future. Again thank you for staying here.

Joe Volness
Operations Manager

Reviewed 6 August 2013

We had a family reunion in Fargo, with it being a central location to all the brothers and sisters. The Hampton offered everything we needed and more! First of all, working with Char was a pleasure, and she had us all set up with great accommodations for each family, and a small meeting room for our evening visiting which was perfect for our needs. The pool area was much used by our family with small children, and even the older kids loved it. The Breakfast was very nice, there was something for everyone and such a nice atmosphere in the breakfast area. This was an experience far beyond what we expected. Although I don't have the names of the desk people, each and every one was pleasant and helpful. The rooms were very clean and inviting and the hotel itself is in a great location to food and major travel routes. If our family does this reunion again, it has already been decided we will stay at the Hampton.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
char540, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Hi MarjorieND,

Thank you for choosing the Fargo Hampton Inn & Suites! I thoroughly enjoyed helping you plan your reunion with us. I am glad you were able to enjoy all of the amenities we provide here and I hope you one some of the card games you were planning on playing!

We are so glad you aleady chose us for your future dates and we look forward to seeing you again!

Thanks for your kind words and thank you again for choosing us!

Charline King
Director of Sales

Reviewed 3 August 2013

We were in Fargo visiting family, and though the pool area was a little "young" for my own kids (teens), it was perfect for them to play in with their two year old cousin! The pool area has a wonderful set up for small ones with a maximum depth of 3 1/2 feet or so. The room was clean and comfortable, in a very close proximity to the interstate, as well as many shops and restaurants, and my husband liked the weight room! The breakfast is very good as well! Great place to stay...we would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
char540, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Hi Colleen C,

Thank you so much for choosing our Fargo Hampton Inn & Suites. Our pool is family friendly with water features and shallow depth entry, but we have a very well equipped fitness center for those looking for a workout. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and our free HOT breakfast as well as our always clean rooms.

Thank you again for writing a review of our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Charline King