“The Cool Guys Making Pizza”
Review of Rhombus Guys

Rhombus Guys
Ranked #15 of 332 Restaurants in Fargo
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Saint Joseph, Missouri
“The Cool Guys Making Pizza”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This is a North Dakota original - albeit a fairly new one created within this century. My wife and I were drawn to it because of its native status, and we were running the Fargo Half Marathon the next morning and needed some carbs. The shop in Fargo is downtown across from a vintage train depot. Parking was easy for us (despite large crowds in town for the race) in that we lucked out with a two hour spot directly in front on the street. The interior decor was not as "busy" and homey as I expected - it was a long ways from the décor of, say, a TGIFriday's, Our waitress was very attentive - actually maybe a bit too attentive in that we were in no rush, but we felt that we should keep our meal moving. We each ordered a tall glass (not a good idea pre-race) of a local craft beer and a medium pizza. A medium was PLENTY large enough. The pizza was good, but not something I'm longing to try again. While the business had it's origins less than 15 years ago, the history on the menu was quite long, and it never gave a clear reason as to why a couple of guys who started a smoothie vending trailer business felt it was their calling to become a pizza joint. Regardless, it was a good spot, but I wouldn't say it's a "must eat" in Fargo.

Virginia
“Named after a parallelogram but the pizza is still circular.”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

If you have seen a certain commercial that says better ingredients and better pizza, this restaurant actually does it.

All of the pizzas are unique and often inspired by customers are hand crafted pizza delicacies. The ingredients are the normal pizza fare but also unique ingredients like tater tots in the seasonal favorite Tater Tot Hot Dish. MMmmmm!

The restaurant has a great energy, incredible beer selection and a rooftop lounge that gives a nice view of the river and Island Park.

In short:
Great pizza and beer
Relaxed and fun environment
Can be pricey compared to big chains

• Visited May 2014
“Decent, but not great pizza...excellent beer.”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stopped in for lunch on a Sunday...had the Busey pizza. It arrived quickly and was very hot. Crust a little underdone, a bit too saucy for my tastes. Toppings were tasty and plentiful, but I wasn't "wowed" by the pizza as I'd hoped to be. I think the crust really lets it down..maybe I should have gone for the thinner one?

I also had a beer -- Fargo Brewing's Stone's Throw Scottish Ale. Very good! Bartender was friendly and helpful...gave me a great suggestion for something to see in the area. (Don't miss the Viking long boat that sailed to Norway..)

Maple Grove, Minnesota
“Great pizza, beer and wine selection, and service”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We happened on Rhombus Guys while walking around downtown Fargo on Memorial Day weekend when many other places were closed. We were contemplating going to another pizza place, but saw how busy Rhombus Guys was and how people were flowing in and we changed our minds. We were seated promptly and had a half and half thin crust Amalfi Coast and T-Rex. I think the Amalfi Coast had more flavor, but the meat eaters out there will love the T-Rex. They had a very good selection of beer and wine, including a good number of local craft beers. Our server and the rest of the staff were very attentive and helpful. The prices were+ a little on the high side, but not over the top.

Charleston, South Carolina
“Legit Local Pizza Experience”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We decided to go casual for our trip to Fargo and it was great - loved the T. Rex pizza and the beer selection! We also tried the Mediterranean style pizza (can't remember the name) but it is a miss, very bland though the ingredients by themselves were all tasty. The finished product was nowhere as delicious as the T. Rex.

Saturday night is karaoke so be prepared!

• Visited May 2014

Been to Rhombus Guys? Share your experiences!