“excellent customer service even with maintenance going on”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Fargo West Acres
Ranked #24 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Neat and clean hotel, it was under some maintenance during our stay but still quiet and clean. Breakfast was excellent with plenty of selection and hostess / food area and prep was very well stocked and clean. Marion did a nice organized job and was so pleasant to be greeted by! Desk personell were all nice and helpful. Will definitely stay here again. One and only negative thing was there is no real parking for those trucks who need to run all night due to cargo temperature control and if one parks in lot it can be as noisy as their truck is. We got lucky and the one who parked outside our room wasn't too loud.

Room Tip: Side opposite parking area quieter. Suites are very comfortable. No elevator so for those with troub...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
AIFRGO, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Fargo West Acres, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Dear Deb D,

My name is Adam and I am the General Manager at the AmericInn of Fargo and I want to thank you choosing us for your lodging and hospitality needs. I was happy to hear all the kind comments that you had to say about your stay on Trip Advisor regarding the amenities as well as our staff. I want to say a special thank you for the comments that you had about Marion, she is a very important asset to our team and I will be passing your words on to her.

Again, I want to thank you for the time you took out of your schedule to tell us about your stay and hope that you continue to keep us in mind for all of your future lodging and hospitality needs as we look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

My husband & I just spent 4 nights at this hotel, and will definitely stay here again! Our king room was spacious, clean, updated, and bed was comfy. We also had a microwave, fridge and safe in the room. The location is great...close to mall & lots of shopping nearby. The staff was all friendly and helpful...the front desk staff, the breakfast lady (sorry, I forgot your name!), and the housekeeping staff was great. She moved one of my personal items (which really didn't matter at all!), but she left me an apology note...how considerate! There was a nice variety of food at breakfast....more fresh fruit would be fabulous! (maybe some oranges) Brown bananas are unattractive and best used for banana bread! We were very happy that breakfast was set out at 4 AM after Black Friday...so we could snack after a full day of shopping. Thank you for that! The hotel prices did go up since our stay last year...hopefully, they will remain affordable. There is no elevator at this hotel, so if stairs are an issue, request a room on the main floor.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
AIFRGO, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Fargo West Acres, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear Elaine203,

Thank you for choosing the AmericInn of Fargo for your lodging and hospitality needs. I want to alos thank you for the kind words that you had to say about your stay and posting them to Trip Advisor. We enjoy hearing from our guest and I agree with you regarding the breakfast items. Our staff works really hard to make sure each guest has a relaxing and enjoyable stay.

I want to again thank you for the great review and hope that you continue to keep us in mind for all of your future lodging and travel needs as we look forward to your stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Stayed two nights while on a shopping trip. The rooms were reasonably priced, very clean and quiet. The location is convenient to the West Acres Mall and easy to find. A hot breakfast is included as well as other standard breakfast fare. Will return.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
AIFRGO, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Fargo West Acres, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear MMMSkids,

Thank you for choosing the AmericInn Lodge & Suites of Fargo for you hospitality needs while on your shopping trip. I did want to mention to you that we do have a special shop n stay package. I hope that you take advantage of that during your next stay with us.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

We did not stay in the hotel. We have stayed in Americinn's in Wyoming and had booked the Fargo location as a change to the other chain hotels we normally stay at. Although the Americinn had a policy that cancellations had to be 24 hours prior to arrival we could not make it into Fargo that night. When I called the hotel and spoke to Colleen and explained the situation she had no problem cancelling the reservation without penalty. This says a lot about customer service! We will be staying with the Americinn in Fargo going forward as a direct result of this. Sometimes it's not about the bells and whistles and more about the people you deal with at the hotels. I have to say the hotel in Laramie Wyoming made us give consideration to using Americinn in Fargo, Colleen just substantiated it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
AIFRGO, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Fargo West Acres, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear don38506,

I can’t thank you enough for the review that you shared on Trip Advisor. We know that things do come up from time which results in plans being changed. We believe that you should never be punished for such instances and I was glad that Colleen was able to make that happen for you. We look forward to you staying with us in the near future.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

I stay at this hotel a lot. Day staff greets me by name, etc.. Rarely do I have an issue and I do, they solve it right away and with a smile! They have even reserved a particular room for my boss (who is very particular)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Dear Barry K,

It is always a pleasure hearing from our guests, especially those who are our regulars, telling us that they enjoyed their stay with us. We always try to make our guests feel at home and by using their name I think that is something that most people like. I am also glad that we are able to accommodate rooms for your boss. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

We had a family overnight stay for a shopping trip (2 small children). Clean, well kept, friendly service. Nice pool, which we didn't get to use, unfortunately. Conveniently located 2 minutes’ drive from shopping.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Ogutarts,

Thank you for choosing the AmericInn Lodge & Suites of Fargo for your hotel needs. I want to apologize for the delay in replying back to your review. I was happy to see the comments you had to say regarding the service and the cleanliness. I don’t know if you are aware but we do have a special shop n stay package for those coming into town to do shopping. I hope that you take advantage of this when you stay with us again.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

My Husband and I spent the night here on Nov. 5th. We have to travel to Fargo at times for very early morning medical appointments at the VA Medical Center.
We had stayed in the past at another motel a little closer to the VA, but that has really starting to go down hill. Based on other reviews I thought we'd give the AmericInn a try, and we were not disappointed, we also received a hospital room rate, which helps a senior citizens budget!
The minute we walked into the lobby to check in both my husband and I commented on how good it smelled! Very cozy and clean. Amy checked us in with a welcome and smile!
Our room was very clean , fresh ( I usually have to spray the room with Lysol, not this room), bathroom was also very clean. Beds were comfortable and our room was quiet (room 119).
Plenty of places to eat close by, West Acres shopping center was also a short distance.
The breakfast was more than adequate, plenty to choose from.
This will be "Our" new place to stay when we have to Fargo in the future!
I really can't think of think that would be lacking from this great Motel!!
Thank you also to Adam the manager who helped with our reservation!

Room Tip: I think they will accommodate any reasonable request!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
AIFRGO, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Fargo West Acres, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Dear bjprrp67,

I am sorry for the delay in replying back to you regarding you stay with the AmericInn Lodge & Suites of Fargo. I was glad to hear that Amy made your check in process a pleasant one. I want to thank you for the kind words that you had to say about our property as well as taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. I hope that you keep us in mind for all your future lodging and travel needs as we look forward to having you stay with us again soon.