“Just like home”

Ranked #19 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Just like home”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

It was a stress free stay. Love the way the rooms are set up and how friendly the staff is. When an issue did come up, it was resolved just as fast. The breakfast was wonderful, with a selection for even my picky little guy. Overall, the best place I've ever stayed!!!

• Stayed July 2013
Fargo_CountryInn, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fargo, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a great review! I am so glad that you found your accommodations with us to be "just like home." We truly appreciate your feedback and I will be passing along your wonderful comments to our staff. We hope to see you back next time you are in Fargo!

Sales Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Winter Garden, Florida
Reviewed 2 July 2013

NICE HOTEL! Not a pretty location (near shopping center), but convenient to highway and very lovely inside, excellent large rooms, very good breakfast! This hotel also has a guest laundry, which we found helpful since we were on a long trip. We highly recommend this hotel for value, cleanliness, breakfast. Only downside - if you get a room on the highway side, use earplugs to sleep comfortably.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Fargo_CountryInn, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fargo, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
Thank you for your great review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our Be Our Guest breakfast and guest laundry facilities. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to our team! We hope to see you again on your next trip to Fargo.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 17 June 2013

We gave this hotel an "average" rating and that is just what it is. The accommodations are adequate, but nothing stellar. The ceiling fan in our room would have been a nice asset as the room was stuffy, but even after notifying the front desk it was not fixed. The tub/shower surround looked as though it had been quickly cleaned and the top of it was dirty and looked as if it had not been cleaned in awhile. In addition, behind the toilet looked as if it had been neglected for awhile. The breakfast was very nice, but the breakfast employees were unfriendly and seemed quite unmotivated to provide excellent customer service.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Megan B, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fargo, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are truly sorry for the problems you encountered during your stay with us. It is important to us that all of our guests have a comfortable and enjoyable stay and I apologize that you did not have a good experience. I have passed on your comments to our housekeeping staff and breakfast attendants in order to resolve these issues. I hope we will see you back on your next trip to Fargo.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Overall the hotel was very nice. Rooms were spacious and had many amenities (they provide lots of shampoo, soap, etc. too). Front desk was a little under-staffed but always helpful and friendly. We stayed for the Fargo Marathon and they had a banner and sign for it which was cool and they also provided a goody-bag for the morning before the breakfast area was open which was great. Speaking of breakfast, their breakfast was awesome. One of the better ones I've had in a while. It was a large room with lots of food options, and the coffee tasted good! It's also a pretty good location in terms of other things around. Free internet worked fine for me too. They also have a nice lobby area with a free "read and return" book section, and the free cookies at the front desk were delicious and a definite bonus.

As for the minor issues, the room itself had some building issues (door wouldn't shut all the way and one of the lights was shorting out). They were eco-friendly in some areas (using the special lightbulbs) but they didn't do much for towels. The walls aren't too thick either but the beds are farther away from the door. Also, I wouldn't recommend sleeping on the pull-out sofa if you have to, it's not very comfortable at all. Obviously these are minor things and I would recommend this hotel to others and it is very nice.

Green Features: They had fluorescent light bulbs. They didn't have any way to indicate to room staff to not wash your towels if you didn't want them to in order to save water.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Fargo_CountryInn, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fargo, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were able to experience some of the various amenities we have to offer, including our hot breakfast. I do apologize for the maintenance problems you encountered. I will bring these issues to the attention of our Maintenance staff so they may be resolved.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you back next year for the Fargo Marathon!

Chisago City, Minnesota
Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

I attend a conference in Fargo every year and choose to stay at the Country Inn and Suites. It has always been clean, staff provides excellent customer service and I like the Country Inn and Suites consistency in any city I visit. The newly remodeled breakfast area is very nice. Breakfast has a rotating menus of hot foods, plus fruit, cereal, yogurt, "bake your own" waffles and beverages. I didn't get a chance to visit the bar this year.

I'll be back next year! Thanks for the great stay.

Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Fargo_CountryInn, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fargo, responded to this review, 19 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a great review! We are happy that you chose to stay with us again this year during your conference and that you were able to enjoy our newly remodeled breakfast area. I will make sure to pass your compliments on to the rest of our staff. We look forward to having you stay with us again next year!

Burton, Michigan
Reviewed 12 May 2013 via mobile

I cannot say enough about this place Country Inn & Suites Fargo..! I have stayed here several times in the past..and will again..! The Pool and breakfast are fine. Restaurant right next door is good also. The front desk is always a pleasure to deal with..!

• Stayed May 2013
Fargo_CountryInn, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fargo, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
Thank you again for taking the time to leave us such a great review. We continue to appreciate your business and we are so happy that you had a great stay with us. We look forward to having you here again!

Reviewed 27 March 2013

We are accustom to spending $125-150 per night at places like Hampton Inn, Comfort Inn & Holiday Inn. Unfortunately none of those had a room available. I read the reviews & thought this would be good. The room was no where near the quality we are used to for the $134 per night price. It took the mgr about 15 minutes to come to the front desk for check in. The walls in the king suite were cracking & need painting. The couch was stained. The sheets were stained. The bathroom needed caulking & the vent was hanging in the ceiling by only 1 screw. This room should have been no more than $49.

• Stayed March 2013
Fargo_CountryInn, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fargo, responded to this review, 29 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are truly sorry for the problems you encountered during your stay with us. It is important to us that all of our guests have a comfortable and enjoyable stay and I apologize that you did not have a good experience. I would like to share my contact information with you to be able to follow up with you personally on this matter. Please contact me at your earliest convenience and I will make sure that your next stay with us will be a memorable one.

Brad Renslow