My husband booked our stay at the Country in and Suites because of a good rate we were getting. This was our last stop on a road trip to do some shopping before heading home. Like many Canadians who live just over the border we often come to Fargo to shop or for a quick escape, so we have stayed at many places over the recent years. This was our first stay at this hotel.
For those who have never been to Fargo there are many hotels in the general area; close to West Acres Mall and the big box stores. This hotel has had excellent reviews so I did go in with high expectations.
Our room was spacious and did have a fridge and microwave. It presented as clean on arrival and it was clear that updates had been made over the years. The room had elements of the 90's, 2000's and more recent updates to bedding etc. but it was clear that a large scale renovation had never occured at any single time. The room was comfortable and did meet oyr needs.
This is not a structure that was built to minmize sound. We could clearly hear what was happening in the rooms above, below and beside us. Add to this the fact that this hotel is on a major street and is situated on a parking lot that is shared with a supermarket and gas stations, as well as a restaurant. There is no greenspace buffer so the outside noise comes in loud and clear. If you are a light sleeper this may not be the place for you. For a couple of nights we could easily deal with these minor disturbances but I probably would not have been able to over look this for a longer stay.
The service in general was good ans staff friendly. Pool area was clean and quiet while we were there. The gym however is very small with limited equipment.
The breakfast was good with the expected variety but nothing that put the experience "over the top." Breakfast on weekdays ends at 9:30 am so you need to get down early. We arrived at 9:10, as did many other guests and some items were low or gone and there was only one staff attendant to manage the area. She seemed to be torn about whether to top up items or start cleaning up. I would suggest that if breakfast is going to end this early food items be topped up right until 9:30 and clean up is only started after the "official" end time.
The location is good like many other hotels; close to all the major shopping areas, but the surrounding area is not as nice as properties situated on the west side of the interstate which has direct access to many restaurants, shops etc.
Although there are some drawbacks, I would stay here again for a short stay and the right deal. However, if I were picking a hotel as not just a place to sleep and to be more of a get-a-way, there are other options in this area that I think fit that bill more appropriately.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Country Inn & Suites, Fargo is conveniently located just off of I-29 on 13th Ave. 3 blocks from West Acres Mall with a Green Mill Restaurant, grocery store and FedEx Kinko's adjacent. Centrally located & within 10 minutes drive to anywhere in Fargo-Moorhead. All rooms feature a microwave, refrigerator & Iron/board. Hotel features high-speed, wireless Internet, pool/whirlpool and a complimentary, deluxe continental breakfast. Two-room and whirlpool suites available. Meeting rooms for 200 available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fargo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Hotel Fargo
- Country Inn And Suites By Carlson
- Country Inn Fargo
- Fargo Country Inn