“Outstanding Customer Service”

Ranked #20 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Outstanding Customer Service”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I was greeted promptly when I walked in the door by a friendly and helpful employee named Ashley. She checked me in quickly, provided me with the names and directions to several local restaurants and helped me with some questions I had about my bill for the stay. Country Inn and suites needs more employees like Ashley. This woman needs a raise!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Fargo_CountryInn, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fargo, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are delighted to read that you were extremely pleased with the service you received from Ashley during your stay and that she was able to help you with directions and other questions. We do our best to proviede Oustanding Customer Service to all of our guests! I have passed along your comments and Ashley was honored to have been mentioned by name! Thank you again and we will see you on your next trip to Fargo!

Sales Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Reviewed 8 April 2014

i like this hotel, this is the second time i've stayed here. The people were friendly and everything was clean. i like their continental breakfast. Check in took like literally 2 minutes. we stayed in the executive whirlpool suite the first time and a corner whirlpool suite the next time and both rooms were awesome. the executive one had a really cool wet bar area in the living room, that one was more suited for a get together with friends.

Room Tip: the whirlpool suites are awesome
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Fargo_CountryInn, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fargo, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a great review. We are so delighted you enjoyed your stay with us again the second time around! Our two different types of whirlpool suites are both great options when you are looking to have relaxing stay and we are please that you found them both to be comfortable. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Fargo!

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

This location was convenient for getting to and proximity to other amenities. We found the price to be very good for what we received as well. Everything was clean, the breakfast was good and the staff helpful.

We did find the hotel to be a bit undersized in several ways however. For instance our room with a king bed and a pullout couch was difficult for 3 people to move around in without bumping into each other. The same can be said of hallways, the breakfast area and lobby as well. The hotel was quite busy too which amplified this.

We were also disappointed that the hot tub was out of order as well.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Fargo_CountryInn, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fargo, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience! We are so happy that you found our location to be convenient. Within walking distance of our property you will find a grocery store, pharmacy, gas stations, and several popular restaurants! The dates that you stayed with us, we did have a full hotel. During peak breakfast hours it can get quite busy in the breakfast area as well as the hallways. We appreciate you sharing your comments. They are valued and will be used to consider improvements in the future! We hope to see you again next time you travel to Fargo!

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I frequently travel to the states for Business (Government) aswell as pleasure (Shopping). I stay at this hotel approx 4 times per year. I have had the odd hiccup here and there, small things, nothing that couldn't be fixed but they way they treat there customers is amazing which is why I always return. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling here to shop or on the way thru.

there are some truths to other reviews here. I do agree that some décor is outdated. However, the beds, TV's and bathrooms (stuff you actually use and that matter) are always in great shape and new. some other things like the baseboards, carpet or toilet roll holder.... who cares, they are there they really don't make a difference in your quality of living.
the noise from the road is person specific. if you grow up next to a hospital you tune out the ambulance and sleep perfect. if you live in the country and a kid 2 blocks away sneezes youll be up all night. I have only had a "problem" once. I was in the north west corner room and I could hear the outdoor patio of the bar across the street. TIP FOR ALL: have a problem call the front desk. I called and it turns out they have connections with the bar across the street and work well together. they called the bar within 10 minutes the music was down and I couldn't hear it.

the breakfast is a lot better than most hotels in the area. Its big with a rotating variety so each stay can be different. always have a waffle station, eggs, cereal, toast and fruit as a standard. then they rotate stuff like sausage, bacon, ham, pancakes and others.

Free WiFi, Fridge, Microwave, super knowledgeable of the area staff, very nice staff, great gym and pool is always clean.

Room Tip: ask for parking lot room instead of highway room if your sensitive
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Fargo_CountryInn, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fargo, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a great review! We are so pleased that you continue to enjoy your stays at our hotel and we are glad to have you as a returning guest. I appreciate you sharing your favorite amenities at our property and your kind comments about our staff. We look forward to your next stay!

Brad Renslow
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I recently traveled to Fargo and was recommended to stay here by the company that I was working for. The hotel is out dated and needs renovation, but the staff were all very friendly and check-in was a breeze. This is a no frills hotel so I wasn't expecting too much, but I do expect the decor to be pleasant and the rooms to be clean. The lobby is nice, but the hallways and rooms are in very bad need of a renovation. There was mold in the bathroom and the carpeting in my room was dingy at best. The room was clean and everything was in working order including two large screen HD televisions with a nice selection of channels. My room was right outside of a busy street and sleeping was a little challenging due to the sound of traffic throughout the night. I stayed for two nights and didn't get much sleep either night.

Breakfast was a step up from a continental with hot and cold foods and some healthy options as well. The lounge in the evening offered free nachos which was the highlight of my stay here!

I would give this hotel a higher mark if it wasn't for the outdated dingy carpet and the mold on the bathroom floor.

Room Tip: I was on the third floor, room 326. Ask for a different room if mold grosses you out!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank AZDisneyfans
Fargo_CountryInn, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fargo, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention and we will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites by Carlson standards.

Best regards,

Brad Renslow
Logan, Utah
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel because of a hotwire deal, and because I knew it had an airport shuttle. I stayed on a Saturday so the rates were slightly inflated, but it was a good value since I did not have to pay for a cab from the airport. Free wifi that you don't need a password for so that was a definite plus. The staff were really nice and they let me check in early.

The room was nice. I liked the tile in the bathroom. I liked how it had a mini fridge and a microwave. I wasn't too fond of the heating system. I turned it on and after half an hour I was too hot, but when I turned it off I became too cold. The beds were okay, but nothing like the beds at the Radisson in Fargo which are really nice. I didn't like how I could hear other people so easily in the hallway, especially loud children. My view was unimpressive.

I found the layout of the hotel pretty confusing, especially trying to find the elevator on the second floor.

I didn't use the pool or exercise equipment so I can't comment on either.

Overall, I had a pretty favorable impression of the hotel, but it is pretty average.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Fargo_CountryInn, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fargo, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. We are happy to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us here including our Park & Stay option and complimentary wireless internet. We do understand how important a quiet environment is and apologize for the noise of our other guests in the hallways. Your feedback helps us prevent situations such as this in the future. We hope you will give us another chance if you are in the area again!

Reviewed 14 March 2014

I really enjoy staying at country inn & suites. They know who I am when I show up, the rooms are always clean, the fitness room has a nice variety, the breakfast buffet is delicious with a large selection.

• Stayed March 2014
Fargo_CountryInn, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fargo, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review on TripAdvisor! We are so happy to hear that you continually enjoy your stays with us and that you especially enjoy our hot continental breakfast and fitness center. We look forward to seeing you again on your next stay!