“Great stay - could have gone the extra mile”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Fargo, ND
Ranked #18 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My husband and I always stay here when we do road trips to Fargo and we are always happy with the service, clean rooms and convenient location. I made a very stupid mistake and realized when we tried to check in that I had accidentally booked the Country Inn in Grand Forks. In the end everything worked out and we were able to get a room in Fargo and cancel the Grand Forks room, despite the fact that I had pre-paid and wasn't supposed to be able to cancel. Big kudos to the Grand Forks location for allowing me to do that! However, looking back, the Fargo location just told me to call the Grand Forks hotel on my own (long distance on my Canadian cell phone) and didn't offer to call or transfer the rate so I ended up paying a lot more. I fully accept this was my fault and I was just happy to get a room, but looking back I think they could have gone a little further for a regular guest.

Room Tip: Worth it to upgrade to a suite. The kitchenette is handy for meals.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Fargo_CountryInn, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Fargo, ND, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

We appreciate your TripAdvisor review! We are so honored to be your hotel of choice on your road trips to Fargo and that you continue to enjoy your stays with us. While all of the Country Inn and Suites are independently owned and operated, as you mentioned, we could have taken the extra step of assisting you in the cancellation of your room. We will use this as a learning tool for future guests and I appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next road trip to Fargo!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Only stayed for one night but we have no complaints. Nice, clean room. Breakfast was very good. We arrived after very long weather delay in Chicago and all I wanted was a hot cup of tea and the front desk clerk was more that happy to run to the breakfast room and get me some milk. I was so appreciative, I could have kissed him. We would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Fargo_CountryInn, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Fargo, ND, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review! We are so pleased to hear about your positive experience with our Front Desk Staff. All of our staff strive to provide excellent customer service and we will be sure to pass along your comments to him. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Fargo!

Brad Renslow

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stay here every time I come to Fargo. The room is always clean and comfortable with a nice decor. The staff are always friendly and willing to help. WiFi is free. There is the usual breakfast fare offered if you wish in the mornings. I love this location, as it is near a grocery store and several restaurants, but yet a little jaunt away from the shopping mall. A good place to unwind after a busy day.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Fargo_CountryInn, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Fargo, ND, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review. We are honored to be your hotel of choice when you travel to Fargo! We are so pleased that you always enjoy the comfort of your room as well as our hot complimentary breakfast we provide each morning. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Had a king room with ample space. Free WiFi, room was quiet except for Saturday night when we opted to sleep with windows open and the bar patrons were a little noisy. Otherwise room was great, Had an issue with window not opening easily, and iron quit working, but this is a good choice for hotels in Fargo.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Fargo_CountryInn, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Fargo, ND, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you for leaving us a review on Trip Advisor! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us for your shopping trip in Fargo. We are pleased you found your room to be spacious and we are grateful that you named us a good choice of hotel in Fargo! We hope to see you back in the future.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Was a pleasant stay, the reception staff was very friendly and helpful, breakfast was well stocked and rooms were clean. The pool was a little cold and the hot tub was cold till they fixed it on our last day, but kids still used both anyway. Would stay here again

• Stayed: May 2014
Fargo_CountryInn, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Fargo, ND, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

We appreciate you leaving us such a great review! We are so pleased you found our staff to be friendly and that you enjoyed our hot complimentary breakfast! I do apologize for the coolness of the pool but am glad we were able to rectify the situation before your departure. We are honored that you mentioned that you would stay with us again and we are looking forward to seeing you back next time you make a trip to Fargo!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We stayed here with our Grandkids, the room was very small, and very dated, we requested a rollaway and were told they didn't have any they would bring us blankets for a bed on the nasty carpeted floor, three hours later we still had no blankets, we called again, they brought one old blanket, I explained we needed to make a bed on the floor and need more than one blanket, they then brought us a mattress pad to lay on the floor. The fridge in the room did not work and the toilet barley flushed. Never again! We have stayed in other Country Inn's that have been fine this one needs serious updating. We stayed two nights and I hated going back the second night. Disappointed in Fargo

Stayed: May 2014

We apologize for the disappointing service you received from our staff. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best service. We do have rollaway beds available at our hotel and it is possible that they were all being used that night but that is no excuse for the response you received from our staff member. I can assure you that we have discussed this matter with our front desk staff to avoid instances such as this in the future. We appreciate you bringing this matter to attention and we hope to have the opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This was a very nice hotel. After searching other options I selected the Country Inn and it was a great choice. Nice, very clean rooms. Easy check in and out and great service in the breakfast area and bar in the evening. The staff is very friendly and always cleaning the common areas. Easy location to get to West Acres or downtown. I will stay here again!

Room Tip: first floor rooms are easy to park by a door to get in and out
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Fargo_CountryInn, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Fargo, ND, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you for leaving us a great review! We are overjoyed that you chose to stay with us over your other options and that you had a great stay! I am glad you were able to enjoy some of our amenities such as the breakfast and our lounge. We can't wait to have you stay with us again!