“Family Shopping Trip July Long Weekend”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fargo
Ranked #19 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This is a excellent place to stay! The hotel is very very clean which is a priority for me. The hotel accomodated our little 15 pound dog, and for a pet room, I have to say, not only was it clean, it was big enough for our family of 4. We stayed in a suite room which was nice because we actually had 2 rooms in one. Our young kids got to watch T.V. in one room and my husband and I got to rest and watch T.V. in the next room. The fridge and sink area worked really well, good enough to prepare those evening snacks for our kids. The breakfast they provide is fantastic. Lots of healthy choices and a great breakfast overall. The pool area was also great. Very, very clean and the pool was a nice size. Overall, I was very impressed with this hotel. We had never stayed her before, but will now stay here in the future. The best hotel in Fargo by far. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Corner room was quite and roomy
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Fargo_CountryInn, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Thank you so much for the nice comments. I will definitely pass this on to our staff. I hope to see you again.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We chose the 1 bedroom suite with the king bed. I liked the bedroom a lot. The bed was comfortable and everything looked very clean. The sitting area and bathroom are a bit small. These areas also felt a bit dated. They don't have central air so air conditioning options are low, high or fan. This is in the bedroom. It is a bit noisy and there is no way to set a specific temperature. The sitting area and bedroom both had televisions, each with there own remote. The complimentary breakfast offered a fairly good selection. This is the first hotel I have stayed at where a boiled egg was one of the options. The waffle batter was pretty runny and waffle turned out a bit limp. I thought I saw some people with fresh fruit like melons, etc but I didn't find them. They did have whole oranges and bananas available. As I was walking the halls to get breakfast encountered lots of cleaning staff who were not friendly but the woman in lobby was very nice, friendly but professional. Though I don't have kids they have a good selection of kids books that people can borrow and return to any Country Inn. The selection of adult reading was minimal. I brought my own book so it wasn't an issue. My opinion this hotel could easily be rated 4 stars if it did a bit of updating.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Fargo_CountryInn, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you for your review. You provided us with a lot of great information. I am going to bring your suggestions to the next staff meeting. Thanks again for staying and we hope to see you the next time you are in Fargo.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Perfect, no issues what so ever... Clean, Comfortable, Friendly staff
Recognised as a CC member - even got a free drink on arrival!! Bonus!

Nice suite overlooking the front of the hotel.
TONS of parking out the front thats also well lit.

Would stay again if in the area! Well done & thanks for letting me use the phone to call back to Montana to sort out my credit card issue - See previous review!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Thank you so much for your great review. It is our pleasure that you had a great stay.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We love the Country Inn & Suites. They are consistent in each location we have stayed in. The breakfast has healthy items, like eggs, yogurt, fruit and cereal along with the usual sugary fare. The kitchen was clean and so was the room we stayed in. Staff was courteous. We were located on the main floor but had no noise issues. We were given a choice of rooms when we checked in, the other being on the third floor. Coffee and cookies were always available in the lobby. They have a loyalty program of which I am a member. I collect points for each stay and I used some on this trip.

Room Tip: We were given a choice of staying in a room on the main floor. It was down an L shaped hallway away...
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Fargo_CountryInn, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you so much for the TripAdvisor review. We are glad to hear that you have had consistent stays. We do have recycling available in our blue bins outside and at the front desk, but thanks for the suggestion. We hope to see you the next time you are in Fargo.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

My husband and I always stay here when we do road trips to Fargo and we are always happy with the service, clean rooms and convenient location. I made a very stupid mistake and realized when we tried to check in that I had accidentally booked the Country Inn in Grand Forks. In the end everything worked out and we were able to get a room in Fargo and cancel the Grand Forks room, despite the fact that I had pre-paid and wasn't supposed to be able to cancel. Big kudos to the Grand Forks location for allowing me to do that! However, looking back, the Fargo location just told me to call the Grand Forks hotel on my own (long distance on my Canadian cell phone) and didn't offer to call or transfer the rate so I ended up paying a lot more. I fully accept this was my fault and I was just happy to get a room, but looking back I think they could have gone a little further for a regular guest.

Room Tip: Worth it to upgrade to a suite. The kitchenette is handy for meals.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Fargo_CountryInn, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

We appreciate your TripAdvisor review! We are so honored to be your hotel of choice on your road trips to Fargo and that you continue to enjoy your stays with us. While all of the Country Inn and Suites are independently owned and operated, as you mentioned, we could have taken the extra step of assisting you in the cancellation of your room. We will use this as a learning tool for future guests and I appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next road trip to Fargo!

Megan Boie
Sales Manager

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Only stayed for one night but we have no complaints. Nice, clean room. Breakfast was very good. We arrived after very long weather delay in Chicago and all I wanted was a hot cup of tea and the front desk clerk was more that happy to run to the breakfast room and get me some milk. I was so appreciative, I could have kissed him. We would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Fargo_CountryInn, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review! We are so pleased to hear about your positive experience with our Front Desk Staff. All of our staff strive to provide excellent customer service and we will be sure to pass along your comments to him. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Fargo!

All the best,

Brad Renslow

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stay here every time I come to Fargo. The room is always clean and comfortable with a nice decor. The staff are always friendly and willing to help. WiFi is free. There is the usual breakfast fare offered if you wish in the mornings. I love this location, as it is near a grocery store and several restaurants, but yet a little jaunt away from the shopping mall. A good place to unwind after a busy day.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Fargo_CountryInn, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review. We are honored to be your hotel of choice when you travel to Fargo! We are so pleased that you always enjoy the comfort of your room as well as our hot complimentary breakfast we provide each morning. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Megan Boie