Kelly Inn Fargo
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsred lobsterroom was cleanhot tubno elevatorbiscuits and gravyolder facilityroom costwafflesstayed for nightsbooked onlinedecent staywest acresnice place to staywould stay here againone night staypool areafront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 November 2011

This weekend was a shopping trip. This would not have been my first choice for a place to stay but the reservations had been made by another member of the group. We were checked in by a sloppy, sullen looking "hostess". She was fairly efficient but not the inviting face that a hotel should have to greet their guests.
Our room was clean enough but I'd bring some cleanser and a rag if I was going to stay there again. Lots of spots on the walls around the sink area. It could be a cola drink or it could have been something more offensive. I just like my sink area to be a little cleaner than it was. We were in two groups. It would have been nice to have adjoining rooms with a door between but they weren't available or there aren't any in this hotel. In any case, our rooms were next to each other on the 2nd floor.
There were no problem with our room. There was no excessive noise. The beds were okay but I've slept on more comfortable hotel beds.
One person in our group used the hot tub in the pool area and enjoyed it.
The breakfast was the usual Kelly Inn type with waffles, cereal, toast and hard boiled eggs. The coffee was the usual American swill but the small coffee maker in the hotel room made decent coffee. Juice and milk were also available.
Would I stay there again? If I had to. I enjoyed the newer Best Western Kelly Inn a lot more-worth the extra money.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Birdcamfan
Reviewed 31 October 2011

1.The music from the bar across the parking lot was rediculous til midnight
2. The jacuzi right beside the toilet??? had the ambience of a sewer
3. We heard every step of the guests above us because of a sweaky floor.
4. Cont. breakfast basically in ther front lobby hall way.
5. Older hotel which showed age.
6. Very pleasant people working there.
7. Old style heater very noisy
Sorry never again!

Room Tip: Don't expect too much from their "Jacuzzi Suite" Way over rated, Take a room on east side.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dave K
Reviewed 25 September 2011

I was pleased with the hotel. The room was large, clean, and had all the amenities I needed. The breakfast was better than I've had in other similar hotels; there were many choices. It was definitely nothing fancy, but I wasn't looking for fancy. Overall, I'd recommend this hotel to anyone needing a clean and comfortable place to stay at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank owllison
Reviewed 9 September 2011

This was my first time staying at the Kelly inn. I was a bit hesitant because I like to stay in my usual hotels. But the room was large and clean. Very new looking. The free breakfast in the morning was excellent and the pool area was fantastic. The location is right across from west acres mall. Found a great price online so it made our stay even better. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 18 August 2011

We spent one night here with our family of four. The hotel was easy to find and was a great location close to shopping. The room was very large and the bed was quite comfortable. Unfortunately the negatives far outweighed the positives.

We had a room on the 2nd floor. The carpets on the stairs and in the hallway were absolutely filthy and looked as though they has not seem a shampooing since the opening of the hotel. Our bathroom door did not close because the handle was barely attached to the door. The wall paper throughout the room was lifting and pealing at the seams.

We reserved a room with a hide-a bed however it appeared to be a love seat hide-a-bed as it was very small and if our kids were any older than toddlers there is no way they both would have been able to sleep comfortably. The bedding for the hide-a-bed was mushed up in a ball in a plastic bag and appeared to have been used and taken off the bed and put in the bag. When we opened it up to put it on it had clearly been used as there was pubic hair all over the sheets. I called the front desk and the young guy that brought us up new bedding was very quick and friendly and apologized.

When we went down for breakfast the next morning 1/2 the items were emply, no yogurt, milk or fruit. When I asked the woman at the front desk (who sits directly looking at the breakfast bar) how much longer the breakfast was open she replied 45 minutes. When I told her we had been down there for 1/2 an hour and these items were still empty she said she would refill them but did not seem happy about it.

I would expect this from a hotel for $50/night but not one that I paid almost $100. It was a sad introduction to our first stop ever in Fargo!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family