“Good location”
Review of Kelly Inn Fargo

Kelly Inn Fargo
Ranked #29 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Reviewed 9 August 2012

This hotel has a very convenient location. Our stay started off rough, we had an issue with a rude employee at check-in, but the manager and corporate stepped in and took care of it. We had some housekeeping issues during our stay (we were there for 5 days), but as soon as I brought them to the attention of the manager, housekeeping was knocking on our door within 5 minutes and asking how to fix it for us. I was really impressed with the response of the employees when I brought an issue to their attention. Breakfast was a full hot breakfast, which was nice. It wasn't the best tasting breakfast I have ever had, but it was free with the rate. The pool area was very nice. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were a good size. I would recommend the hotel, especially if you can get a decent rate. Also, the location can't be beat. It is near shopping, restaurants, and the highway, so we could get anywhere we needed to go quickly. The room included a microwave and a refrigerator.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Rebecca C

Reviewed 13 July 2012

Expensive nights stay for not that great of rooms. We had to mOve rooms because of a party going on. Staff was not courteous.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Jpuckett81
Reviewed 30 May 2012

I love the location of the Kelly Inn the rooms were clean nothing cheap but the bar is connected so if you want to have a few berages you don't have to call a cab or worry about driving.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Stayed at this hotel for one night to attend a relatives wedding reception. This hotel is older and the outside shows it (Parking lot is in rough shape). Access to rooms is easy with different entrances. Rooms are dated but clean enough and had plenty of room, the door lock on our room was a bit testy and required more then one try to enter on every occasion. There is a garden area in the middle of the hotel that has an outdoor pool (not open in April) that was covered by a tarp that appeared to hold weight but I was not comfortable allowing my young children anywhere near it. Breakfast had alot of options and the lady running it was very attentive and friendly. The only negative to this is the breakfast room is small and was about 90+ degress in the room. Overall, this is a decent hotel with a decent room rate.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank ZiggyT
Reviewed 25 January 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times for business, when I have had a booth at the Fargo Dome for the Sportsman show in March. I have never had any problems. There is a large breakfast, but the tables are usually full so I take my food back to my room to eat. Room was clean. Pool was much colder than my liking, so I just used the hot tub. Usually I stayed for three nights at a time. There is a bar on location. Drinks and food are expensive, but that is typical of any resturant attached to a hotel. Standard room and I will probably stay again. Location is also decent.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank msum_rose
Reviewed 23 November 2011

We stayed here as a result of a recommendation from a friend. We booked online and our second night was 50% off. Very nice hotel. Has a homey feel to it. Fireplace in the breakfast area felt nice on a very cold day. The beds are comfortable with lots of pillows. Many choices for breakfast including waffles. The staff were friendly. The location is great as it is right across from Target and the West Acres Mall. Barnes and Noble is right behind it and Walgreens is beside it. It is not a 5 star Hilton but if you are looking for all the comforts at a great price, this place is for you.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank SandraLea40
Reviewed 21 November 2011

This weekend was a shopping trip. This would not have been my first choice for a place to stay but the reservations had been made by another member of the group. We were checked in by a sloppy, sullen looking "hostess". She was fairly efficient but not the inviting face that a hotel should have to greet their guests.
Our room was clean enough but I'd bring some cleanser and a rag if I was going to stay there again. Lots of spots on the walls around the sink area. It could be a cola drink or it could have been something more offensive. I just like my sink area to be a little cleaner than it was. We were in two groups. It would have been nice to have adjoining rooms with a door between but they weren't available or there aren't any in this hotel. In any case, our rooms were next to each other on the 2nd floor.
There were no problem with our room. There was no excessive noise. The beds were okay but I've slept on more comfortable hotel beds.
One person in our group used the hot tub in the pool area and enjoyed it.
The breakfast was the usual Kelly Inn type with waffles, cereal, toast and hard boiled eggs. The coffee was the usual American swill but the small coffee maker in the hotel room made decent coffee. Juice and milk were also available.
Would I stay there again? If I had to. I enjoyed the newer Best Western Kelly Inn a lot more-worth the extra money.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends