“New Years”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 6th Ave
Description: Mezzaluna is a casual fine dining establishment cleverly hidden off Broadway in Downtown Fargo. Classic Artisan Food & Drinks are the specialty. Chef Eric Watson has designed a menu to suit everyone's palate. From our House-Ground Burger in the bar to Grilled Duck Breast & Leg Confit in the dining room. Mezzaluna is located in the historic Lofts on Roberts Street Building. The Lofts on Roberts was built in 1917 as the Smith, Follett & Crowl office and warehouse. Kilbourne Group worked diligently to preserve and maintain the integrity of many of the building's historical features, including a pressed metal ceiling, large windows, corbelled brick, simplistic stone trim, wood joists and beams, and wood flooring. Perfect atmosphere for the Classic Artisan Food & Drink of Mezzaluna. Imagine sitting in this classy historic setting while sipping on a Gin Fizz or a Classic Side Car. Our Mixologists are sure to tempt your tastebuds and will pair the perfect drink with your dinner
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We very much like the atmosphere and food at Mezzaluna. We went there for New Years. It was a set price and limited tickets. They had a shell fish bar and dessert bar. Both very good. Waiters came around often with other finger foods. Also very good. Drinks were extra except the midnight champagne. The band was good. They had a few party hats and favors but forgot to get them out before midnight. A little more fanfare for the midnight hour would have made it a little more festive. The staff as always were attentive and helpful.

1  Thank micstebou

Reviewed 5 January 2014

First, I'm not sure what "not overly impressed" was talking about with the downstairs bar-there isn't one. We love ML. It can be loud, with the wood floors and hard surfaces throughout. The menu is changing with the seasons, offering fresh and seasonal ingredients, there is always something new to try. The bartenders are fantastic at knowing what you like, and matching you to your perfect drink. Love, love, love this place.

Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

We initially walked in and it was SO LOUD. We got seated, and had a great server. Food was very good, but not necessarily memorable. Our drinks were really good as well. What bothered us the most was the noise level from the bar downstairs. We had to raise our voices just to speak to each other. Not what I look for in an upscale dining experience. Our server was great, and it's very cool you can see the kitchen from outside. I think the best time to go would be after work for happy hour drinks and apps in the bar. However, I think we will be sticking with the HoDo for special occasions.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

This is a great addition to the dining scene in Fargo, and was packed the night I visited. There is a great selection of drinks, and I enjoyed my cantaloupe mojito. For my entree I had the balsamic grilled NY strip, and it was flavorful, presented beautifully, and cooked exactly as ordered. I don't quite understand the whole tater tot side dish thing. They seemed like typical tater tots sprinkled with asiago cheese, which kind of threw me off in such a nice restaurant. Even though this restaurant is expensive for the area, the quality definitely reflected the price.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Who knew? A little off the beaten path in downtown Fargo. Creative food, attentive food in a beautiful historic building. The kitchen fronts on the street windows so you van observe the creativity.

1  Thank jhwwre

Been to Mezzaluna? Share your experiences!