“Sunday Lunch was good”

Add it.
Lucy's North China Cuisine
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Someone had told us about this place or we would never have known about it. We are from out of town so decided to try it. Interesting way they operate - you take the menu at the door, sit down to figure out what you will have to eat and then go to the counter to order. Soon someone comes to your table with the food. We found it tasty and will definitely go back. I do rebel a bit when they have "tip" on the tab slip for places like this. I will tip for service and don't consider this a "service restaurant"

Reviewed 11 July 2013

I was in Fargo recently to help a family member who had had surgery at Essentia Health. This little gem of a restaurant is right across the street from this medical center. Not expecting to find great Chinese food in Fargo, Lucy's was a delightful surprise.

When you enter Lucy's, the protocol is to browse the menu by the door, then go to the cashier to order and pay. There is a lovely woman at the register to take your order - Lucy, perhaps? Then you go and select a seat. If you have ordered water, tea or other beverage, it is self serve, along with napkins and utensils. Then the food is brought out from the kitchen piping hot and in large quantities.

I ordered my usual: Mu Shu Pork. It arrived with 4 'pancakes', a bit thicker that I am used to. The plate of mu shu pork was huge, contained large pieces of egg, and had more sauce than usual, and was fairly salty. Having said that, the flavor was excellent! The plum sauce that goes with it was delicious as well. We also got the fresh spring roll, which was lightly fried and not greasy at all. The filling was light and fresh. Best of all is that it is such a bargain: 2 of us shared an entree and spring roll and ate for around $10.

What I liked about this place was the interior. It was just lovely with beautiful, tasteful decor and very faint Asian music. It was just the perfect reprieve from the world, and from a long day spent at the hospital. In fact, the staff in the ICU recommended Lucy's as well, and they order food from Lucy's with delivery to them!

Lucy's is the perfect place to go and have great food in a lovely, relaxing environment. I would certainly go back again.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

Lucy's has the best chinese food by far in Fargo. The menu comes with many options, the price is cheap, your food is made to order, and it comes with large portions.

1  Thank Darren C