“First class operation in every way!”

Sleep Inn & Suites Medical Center
Ranked #8 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
FAIRFIELD
“First class operation in every way!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We chose this hotel partly because we like Sleep Inn, but mainly because of the TripAdvisor reviews, and this property more than lives up to its excellent reviews. It has been open since April 2013, so everything is still shiny and new (we could tell some of the wall plugs in our room had never been used!). The front desk staff are unfailingly professional, courteous, friendly, and helpful, as are the managers on duty (we mainly saw the hospitable Brandi). We appreciate that this is a completely non-smoking property, so the air was fresh no matter where you were in the hotel. Our king-size bed was very comfortable (although you almost need a step stool to climb up into it!), and the room was spacious and well appointed. The weekday breakfast attendant, Heather, is a gem, and she keeps the generous selection of breakfast items coming (the hot oatmeal is a special treat) -- there are yummy scrambled eggs with either sausage or bacon (they alternate), hot biscuits with sausage gravy, several items to toast, and the make-your-own waffles have a wonderful chunky blueberry syrup for topping. Plus, of course, there is cold cereal, sweet pastries, fresh fruit and juices, and good coffee and tea. You won't leave hungry. In the afternoons there are fresh warm cookies and either lemonade or iced tea, and the 24-hour coffee bar also includes orange- or lemon-infused ice water. It may be the little things that count, but you can count a lot of them here. After three nights, we were sorry to be leaving, and will certainly stay here if we come to Fargo again (which we found to be a very charming city).

Room Tip: Room 224 is quiet because at the end of the hall (next to stairs).
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PATRICIA F
TrevorH291, Assistant General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Medical Center, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
I'm not quite sure where to begin with my thanks to you for your review; your compliments are heartwarming and I know I speak on behalf of the entire staff when I thank you for noticing all the little things we do to make your stay great. The day your review posted to Trip Advisor, we held a staff meeting and revealed Heather as our employee of the month this month as well. You are right, she is a tremendous asset to our hotel and she makes sure our guests have a wonderful experience during breakfast. We have heard several comments on the height of our beds, and we do actually have a step stool available at the front desk should it be needed. We opted for an upgraded bed, which you noticed the comfort of, but that means that there is more of a pillow-top to it which makes them a little bit more elevated than some would like. Lastly, I am glad to hear that our desk staff were as great as we brag them up to be. I do hope you find some reason to come back to the Fargo-Moorhead area again, and if so, we look forward to providing you with another exceptional stay.

Safe Travels!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Being an employee of the hospitality industry, my job requires me to travel a ton throughout the country (and world). Knowing what to look for in hotels can be a blessing and a curse. From the moment my colleague and I arrived at the Sleep Inn Fargo our high expectations were not only met, but they were exceeded. The entire staff were some of the most welcoming and friendliest people I have ever encountered. The facilities are modern, extremely clean and well maintained. The amenities are those you would find in a full-service hotel. Special kudos to the property General Manager, Brandi for being one of the most “hands-on” General Managers that I have ever seen. If your travels ever take you to Fargo, I highly recommend the Sleep Inn-Fargo!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank TheLeBouefs
TrevorH291, Assistant General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Medical Center, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Praise from another person in the hospitality industry can be hard to come by and yours is some of the highest praise we could hope for. Thank you so much for all of your kind words about our facility and staff. We strive every day to make every guest interaction the best possible and a lot of that starts with how well our housekeeping staff maintains our building. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to the entire staff. I hope you return trip home was comfortable and if you are ever back in the Fargo-Moorhead area, I look forward to providing you with another excellent stay.

Baton Rouge
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We were very happy with our stay here. The room was very clean. The hotel is clean and the staff is very nice. The manager who checked us in on 6-11-14 around 4pm was very nice and helpful. The breakfast included in our stay was very good.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
TrevorH291, Assistant General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Medical Center, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
I am glad to hear that our property left you with a lasting impression and you posted this review, thank you. Our housekeeping staff is top notch and it is good to hear that you noticed their work. We strive to provide the best service possible, in every department of the hotel, and your kind words help solidify our training styles and practices. We look forward to providing you with another excellent stay the next time you are in the Fargo-Moorhead area.

Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed here only for one night, (wish it could have been longer) for business in the Fargo area. The hotel is only about a year old, and has modern décor. We had a room with a king sized bed--very comfortable, the room was on the smaller size, but with only 2 of us it was okay. The front desk staff were very friendly and accommodating, even when I called to make the reservation. The breakfast area was nice and big, and the breakfast experience was one of the best we have had in any hotel. Scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage and then the usual, make your own waffles, muffins, fruit, cold cereal, etc. The breakfast staff member was very helpful and friendly. They also have a pool and exercise room, but we did not use either. Overall a very nice stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel; we wish you could have stayed longer as well! We are very proud of our breakfast area and our breakfast attendants, and I am glad they are being wonderful ambassadors of our hotel and helping to make your stay that much better. Hopefully the next time you are here, you have some extra time to enjoy our fitness room and pool area. Thank you again, and we look forward to providing you with another excellent stay the next time you are in the Fargo-Moorhead area.

Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We were passing through Fargo so needed a nice place to stay for the night. This hotel was perfect. Great location, near the interstate, but hotel was still quiet. Hotel property seemed new. Staff was polite and attentive. No complaints. Would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
TrevorH291, Assistant General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Medical Center, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad to hear that we were able to make sure your stay was pleasant. It makes it very easy to speak highly of our staff when reviews such as yours solidify my comments, thank you again and I will pass along your kind words. We are also glad you did not notice any interstate noise during your stay, that is something we wanted to make sure we achieved during our build. Thank you again for your review, and I hope to provide you with another excellent stay the next time you are in the Fargo-Moorhead area.

Westerville, OH
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My wife and I spent one night here on our way to Theodore Roosevelt National Park in Medora, ND. This was our first stay at a Sleep Inn so we were a bit concerned, but immediately upon walking into the sparkling clean lobby and our room we knew we had made a good choice. The location was convenient, easy to find and the rate was excellent. The staff was very friendly and helpful ... turned out we were very close the West End Mall where the Roger Maris Museum is housed. The room was as clean as could be, breakfast was great and the overall experience was excellent. Considering the price, I believe this facility deserves a five star rating - certainly this is not a five star resort, but the value is.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
TrevorH291, Assistant General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Medical Center, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for posting your kind review about our facility. I am glad to hear that your first experience with Sleep Inn was a great one! We strive to be the best for our guests, and in a recent property ranking report based partly on guest reviews, our hotel placed in the top 3% of Sleep Inns in the country. I am very glad to hear that our staff was helpful and friendly, this is something I always say, but hearing it from guests such as yourself goes a long way. I hope the rest of your vacation was as pleasant as your stay with us, and I look forward to ensuring you have another wonderful experience the next time your travels bring you to the Fargo-Moorhead area.

Bemidji, Minnesota
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I've had a few mediocre experiences with Sleep Inns in the past and have generally avoided them. However, we needed a room for the Fargo Marathon and they were one of the few available without a two night minimum stay. The price was higher than I would have liked, but there were very few rooms available anywhere near Fargo so we booked it.

Upon arrival I was very pleasantly surprised. The hotel is new and clean. Check in was fast and friendly. They had gatorade, bars and other stuff for the runners. That was a nice extra. The room was good, exercise room looked good, but barely had a chance to use it. Breakfast was the typical fare. Checkout was quick and very friendly.

I'm glad that we chose to stay here.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
TrevorH291, Assistant General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Medical Center, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for staying with us over the Marathon, we are glad we were able to make a positive lasting impression with you. I am sorry you did not have too much time to enjoy our exercise room, we get many compliments on it from our guests. I saw from your other reviews for Fargo that you enjoyed the Marathon as well, that is good to hear, too. Thank you again for staying with us and I hope that we were able to change your perspective of Sleep Inns and we hope to give you another excellent stay the next time you are in the Fargo-Moorhead area.