“a bit above average” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #27 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
winnipeg
“a bit above average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2011

My wife and I always stay at C'mon Inns when ever we can, when comparing Fargo or Grand Forks to C'mon Inns in Montana I have to say they lack in the little things. I always judge the hotel on there choice of toliet paper and if I can read a news paper through the toliet paper then the place fails. Fargo failed. I also didn't find the hot tubs up to being as clean as they should be and the breakfast lacks in choice. On the plus side the room was clean, house keeping was very good and the bed comfy. I will proably try somewhere else next time in Fargo and Grand Forks.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Mansfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2011

We were introduced to this hotel chain because we lost our transmission in Billings last year. Our experience there was excellent! First hotel room that I have stayed in for ~$100/NIGHT that had an excellent mattress, large room with flat screen tv, fridge, desk, clean, excellent service, hot breakfast and RECLINER! What a great idea! It's like being at home--watching TV in the hotel room! You don't need to sit on the bed! I think that is a huge deal! Business travelers probably watch TV to wind down and who wants to sit on the desk chair or the bed! Whoever thought of the recliner--well done!

This year we called from the road and received a suite. Extremely large room with a recliner and couch in front of the large flat screen TV. Spa tub and separate shower.

The C'mon Inn hotel chain has my full recommendation! I will always choose this hotel whenever available. 5 stars

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2011

I have stayed at the C'mon inn in Grand Forks many times. I stayed at this one for the first time in September and again in October. Both times were excellent.Check in was painless. Rooms are clean and big enough.Only complaint would be flatscreen T.V.'s but no HD channels. The continental breakfast is really good. They have eggs and sausage, too go along with bagels, muffins, and the usual. Only other complaint would be the location it is off the beaten path a little bit. Close to the mall but a little bit of a drive to the airport or downtown. Regardless I would stay here next time I am in Fargo.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Beejmcgillashaw
Winnipeg
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2011

We stayed here on a Thursday to Sunday, Oct 6th to Oct 9th. It is a nice & clean hotel. The kids really enjoy the courtyard with the hot tubs. During the week you get a hot continental breakfast. The sausage is amazing. It's too bad that they don't offer the hot continental on the weekend, especially because rates are higher on the weekend.
We did have a problem with our rooms. We were on the second floor with a balcony. When we arrived the rooms were freezing cold. By the next day both rooms were boiling hot. It was unbearable. The last night we complained and the front desk brought up fans for the rooms. It helped a little bit but it was still uncomfortable. We have stayed at this hotel several times but are now thinking of trying a different hotel next time we visit Fargo.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2011

I'm torn between this location of the C'mon Inn, and the Billings MT location as both are good stopping points between the Twin Cities Metro and Seattle.

Things I like about the brand:
Spacious Atrium that is standard in all of the C'mon Inns
Spacious Rooms
Normally available for last minute check-ins
Reasonable price for value
Kiddie pool in addition to adult pool

This location had a good solid breakfast to kick you off for the day. Tucked behind a few of the other hotels, but absolutely worth staying at for comfort and everything.

It is a privately owned chain and for the most part they hit everything on the head to make travelling easy. I especially like that the mini fridge and microwave are standard in the rooms. An absolute must when on the road for more than a few days.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Rebecca M
Manitoba
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

My husband and I were in Fargo for business this week and stayed at the C'mon Inn for two nights. It is clean, and the pool area and indoor courtyard is really nice and sunny. Lots of hot tubs, we had one to ourselves at all times even though the hotel was full. There are two things that I noticed that really stood out this time, that are worth mentioning. The hotel was renovated since we were last there, one year ago, and they really expanded their breakfast area. The breakfast area now has room for more food: fluffy scrambled eggs, sausages, waffles, pancakes, bagels, biscuits and gravy, toast, english muffins, pastries, oatmeal, cereal, fruit, yogurt, milk and juice, coffee, regular tea, and herbal tea. It was really a very nice surprise!! The other thing that I really noticed this year was their AMAZING ventilation in the bathrooms in the room, and no noisy fan, it seems like it's centrally controlled. Take my word for it, it moved the air... :0

I was concerned when we got in around 10pm and the adjoining room door was letting a lot of noise into the room. We went for a walk and returned to a quiet room, the other guests respecting the 11pm quiet time. It has never been a noisy hotel and I think it would be a wonderful place to take a family (We have always stayed on the inside of the hotel, closest to the pool). They also have at least two large convention type rooms that are full of light, as is the pool and indoor courtyard.

***There is no restaurant other than the free breakfast... and another reviewer mentioned a free supper but I don't know of that first hand.***

Room Tip: Take the main floor if you don't want to climb stairs.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank flexfarmerette
Winnipeg, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2011

Totally did not meet expectations in the least.

My friend's and my first night of two in the jacuzzi suite was spent being harassed by the front desk, early I might add, for unfounded noise complaints. We were 2 moms having a glass of wine watching some mind-numbing television at a more than acceptable level. To top it off the toilet wasn't working. We did seek out the property manager the next morning and voiced our concerns about staying another night, and we came to an agreement. A plumber was called, and thankfully we had no problems the next night. Besides that, the pool and the hallways were noisy with kids, the breakfast was adequate, the decor of the premium suite was shabby and dated, and I cannot say that I would stay at this property again.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends