“A nice, new, fun hotel. Has the potential to be noisy inside.”
Review of C'mon Inn - Fargo

C'mon Inn - Fargo
Ranked #28 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Odenton, Maryland
“A nice, new, fun hotel. Has the potential to be noisy inside.”
Reviewed 17 June 2009

We're a family of 4 on a military move from Alaska to Florida. This was our 2nd consecutive night in a C'mon Inn (Billings was the other) and we enjoyed this hotel as well. Our rate was originally $114 including taxes, but they gave a military discount at the desk lowering it to $91 (there's no military rate option if you book online). The location is super convenient, in a nice area just off the interstate. It was easy to find. There are several good chain restaurants within walking distance. We went to "Space Aliens" bar and grill on the recommendation of the desk clerk and had a nice casual dining meal with a huge arcade area for the kids.

The building style of the C'mon Inns is very cool, and very upper midwestern (indoor fun when it's 30 below outside). It's set up in a big rectangle around an indoor courtyard atrium thing. The front desk, lobby, and breakfast area are all just inside the entrance at the start of the courtyard. The conference/meeting rooms are also right in the front. The courtyard is filled with nice, new patio tables and chairs as well as 4 hot tubs. The pool plus another hot tub is in a large enclosure at the back of the courtyard. There are 2nd floor rooms with balconies over the courtyard (what we had) and first floor rooms that open right onto the pool deck. There is also a ring of exterior rooms on both floors that looked more traditional with windows that look out to the parking lot. Note: If you are an intensely private person/family, or like to see outside, I recommend an exterior room. The open interior meant that our room's window and our balcony were easily visible to all the other balconies on the opposing side. I could also see all the 1st floor rooms across from our balcony. There is an elevated center walkway that goes across between the two sides of the 2nd floor and I think you can see every interior room from it. For us, however, the balcony room was great.

Our room was clean, the decor is very nice and modern. The 2 beds were comfy with plenty of pillows. The bathroom was clean with nice toiletries. The TV was a 42" LG flat panel (these seem to be everywhere now) and was a great size for the room. Our balcony was relatively spacious, had patio furniture, and was a great place to hang out after the kids went to sleep in the room. The pool and hot tubs are spacious, clean, and very nice. The pool enclosure was great for the kids to be wild and noisy without bothering the guest rooms. They kick everyone out of the pool & hot tubs at 11pm and turn the lights off in the courtyard. At this C'mon Inn, they actually ask guests to vacate the interior balconies at 11 as well. *Sorry, that's part of my room and I'll sit out there if I want to.* Breakfast was great with standard cereal, waffle making, doughnuts, etc. There wasn't a hot buffet if that's what you need. The wireless worked well. Despite some signs that make it look like there are smoking and non-smoking rooms, the entire property is non-smoking and "has been for 3 years" according to the desk. Definitely no smoke smell here.

The only negative thing I have for this hotel was the noise of the very echo-y courtyard. Other C'mon Inns have running water in the courtyard that totally masks noise, but this one didn't. We could hear the normal volume conversations of everyone else in the courtyard. Some high schoolers were staying in the hotel and their late night mild horseplay in the darkened courtyard made quite a bit of noise. The most annoying part of the noise was a strange beeping sound that started very early in the morning. It turned out to be the timer on the waffle maker the echoed through the courtyard. If you're in an exterior room though, you're totally fine.

I'm not sure how much other hotels in Fargo cost, but unless you have major heartache with dropping $100 on a nice, clean, room in a hotel with a good breakfast and a nice pool for you and your kids, I HIGHLY recommend C'mon Inn.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Toowordy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 27 June 2008

I really loved this place. It has such a cute name, I thought the place would be schmultzy. Not at all. Our room was very tastefully decorated, and the king size bed was very comfortable. I enjoyed watching the Celtics crush the Lakers on the plasma t.v. I really wished we could have stayed longer. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Liked — Very tastefullly decorated, comfortable room.
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
Fargo
Reviewed 15 March 2008

I made reservations in January 2008 for May 2008 since I am graduating from NDSU in May. I reserved three rooms and then came back in later and reserved three more for my family that is coming from South Dakota, Oklahoma, and Colorado. Now, on March 13, I get a call from the C'mon Inn saying that we are no longer welcome to stay there for graduation since they had troubles in the past with parties and now have a policy against it. I was told I was out of luck and that they should not have let me reserve the rooms in the first place.

Well, both times I made reservations I stated that I was graduating from NDSU and my family was coming up and needed a place to be able to visit with each other. My question is why did they wait two months to notify me of this policy? I reserved the rooms WELL in advance for a reason. Now, I cannot find any place in Fargo where my family can meet and have a reception for my graduation since everything is booked now.

I will never stay at a C'mon Inn again. This whole situation was very unprofessional on the C'mon Inn's behalf. Not only will I not stay there, but I will never recommend the C'mon Inn to anyone.

• Liked — Nice and quiet courtyard area.
  • Disliked — Un-willing to work with me and didn't care if they lost my business (reserved 6 rooms).
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with family
ND
Reviewed 11 January 2008

We checked in late - at 1 AM - and got a slight discount because of the time. The bedding and pillows are amazing. Extremely comfy - probably better than my own!! Rooms are really nice with large TVs.

We didn't get to use the exercise room, but it looked nice - 2 ellipticals, 2 treadmills, and 2 bikes. It also had a TV, fan, and gatorade vending machine.

We really were looking forward to going out in the "jungle" type courtyard and sitting in one of the hot tubs situated throughout the area. Unfortunately, the only time we could do it was in the morning and the place was overrun with kids and families. The pool was also. I had stayed there once before and had the same experience. A little disappointing.

Overall, really liked the beds and would like to stay there again...although we get the feeling it's usually kid pool party central. There apparently was some sort of event in town that day though, so maybe other nights are less crowded.

• Liked — The beds are amazing
  • Disliked — Wished the hot tub area was less crowded
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tinatot
Norway
Reviewed 23 October 2007

Clean, comfortable and somewhat modern poolside room. Polite staff. Nothing fancy, but good value. Lots of space in both the room and hotel, so it is perfect for family get togethers and space specifically made for letting children unwind and have some fun by the large pool area.

• Stayed June 2003
Manitoba
Reviewed 26 August 2007

We have stayed in both Fargo and Grand Forks but have grown to love staying at the Fargo location. It is a fantastic place for young families. My children are under 4 and the double queen patio rooms by the pool give everyone the space they need. The pool deck is slip resistant (unlike Grand Forks) and the bedding is top notch. The Grand Fork location have large flat screen T.V.'s, but the bathrooms are in much better condition in Fargo. Both have mini-fridges, microwaves and other added features.

No matter the location, the breakfasts are to die for. If you can't find something to eat there, you won't anywhere. Waffles, yogurt, cereals, porridge, bagels with cream cheese. Flavoured coffee first thing in the morning or orange juice always makes the day start right.

The work out room is large enough that the kids can play on the floor while you get some exercise. A selection of restaurants and a Happy Harry's is near by.

A great vacation awaits. Enjoy.

• Liked — central location
  • Disliked — not within walking distance to the major mall
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
3 Thank CdnluvtravelnUS
Winnipeg
Reviewed 7 August 2007

We did not use the atrium or hot tubs. We just had the basic room for a good price of less than $100.

The room was modern spacious and clean. The TV was large. The best feature was the comfortable bed and high quality sheets. I would say the sheets and bedding were the best I have experienced in a hotel.

• Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple