“Re-Opened! It is (Like)New and Improved!”

Candlewood Suites Fargo
Ranked #34 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
San Diego, California
“Re-Opened! It is (Like)New and Improved!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2012

When our June 2012’s airline trip was unexpectedly re-routed through Fargo, North Dakota and my husband and I were stranded there for a night, I was far from pleased. HOWEVER, we ended up having a nice stay while we were there thanks to the Candlewood Suites. I wanted to report on the establishment and recommend it to anyone staying by the Fargo Airport or needing a place near NDSU.

When we checked in I noticed a 'Grand Opening' sign and slight smell of fresh paint in some places… when I asked the front desk staff how long they had been open I was told they had been open for a number of years, but had a pipe burst on the top floor at the beginning of this year and took advantage of the situation to renovate the Suites… and they had only been open again for a few days, since 25 June 2012! So, needless to say, the place was brand-new, fresh, modern and pristine!

We came into Fargo (Hector) Airport late on a Thursday night. The Candlewood’s shuttle service was not in operation at that time of night, but the Candlewood staff called a taxi service to come fetch us (free of charge). When we used the Candlewood’s shuttle service the next morning, I found the driver both professional and pleasant. Speaking of the staff… the young gentleman who checked us in was quick and pleasant. He helped us settle in right away and when we asked about a decent place to eat, he pointed us in the direction of a grouping of good, affordable restaurants within walking distance (basically right across the street). All the staff we encountered were very pleasant and eager to help make our stay a pleasant one.

My husband and I shared a studio-suite with a queen bed, the mattress was comfortable, but I wish there was another blanket in the room (perhaps I should have called down for one… I highly doubt it would have been a problem to get an additional one). There was a kitchen (complete with a stove, microwave, plates, glasses, utensils, pots, toaster and full-sized fridge), a large closet (with lots of hangers, ironing board and iron), a table, chairs, flat screen TV and bathroom. The room itself was fairly spacious. The building also has a business center where you can check your email and print off your boarding pass, the Candlewood also had free WiFi and a self-laundry. I was happy to find an in-house “Snack Shack” with snacks and drinks for sale at a reasonable price and a very nice common lounge to hang-out in on the ground floor. Lastly, there is a free, simple breakfast in the morning (limited seating).

A quick word regarding the bathroom… It is a small-sized, full bathroom. I did not like the certain type of showerhead they had… but there was plenty of hot water and the water pressure was good.

If I have a chance to return to Fargo, I will. I liked the people and the city seemed interesting… besides, now I KNOW I’ll have a great place to stay!

I highly recommend the Candlewood Suites to anyone wanting to stay in Fargo, North Dakota!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank NJoisygirl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

Candlewood Fargo
Had a nice stay here.  This is the second time I stayed here and I like it better the second time.

Booked a studio suite with a queen bed and it had was spacious with a kitchen with a full size fridge, over the range microwave, two burner stove, toaster, etc.  The bed was also good. The bathroom was spacious but only come with soap and shampoo and conditioner combo.  But this hotel is suppose to be for longer stay anyway.

Wifi was free and had pretty good signal.   Laundry was also free and bring your laundry detergent.  Breakfast was VERY basic.

The only complaint was that there were some very loud guests in the hallway very early in the morning. But it's not a surprise as the hotel is located in the NDSU.  Went right back to sleep anyway but something to think about.

• Stayed October 2011
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

Stayed here for the Fargo Air Show. Able to walk across the street to get to the air show. Also within walking distance of the Fargo Red Hawks ballpark. Easy to find. Rooms were nice and spacious. Only negative comment would be that the breakfast area is quite small with limited seating.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Streeter
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2012

We have stayed here several times, never with any problems. Wednesdays they have a managers social in the evening and the managers were present, helpful, and very social. The suites are nice and roomy with everything in the kitchen you would need, the rooms are quiet, and they have a pet policy (with a deposit of course!). The staff is very nice and accomidating picking us up and dropping us off with the shuttle van they have. The only criticism I have at this point is they are lacking in the number of outlets to plug vehicles in during cold nights/days. Lucky for us we knew of another location to plug our diesel pickup in when it was -35 with windchill otherwise it would have never started.

Room Tip: We have stayed in 3 different queen bed suites on 3 different occasions and have had no problems wit...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2011

Stayed here for a weekend shopping trip, it is quiet, clean, with comfortable beds and friendly staff. I have stayed here before and will stay here again. Although there is no cleaning service on the weekends, we didn't have anybody going in our room when we were gone either. You can take your used towels to the front desk and they will give you clean ones if you prefer to not hang them up and use them again. I would ask the hotel to add a luggage rack so there is someplace to put your suitcase other than the bed or the floor, if you choose to not unpack on short trips. Breakfast has no tea ( we are not coffee drinkers) and is pretty basic, we purchased muffins to eat in our room the second morning and got juice from the breakfast room. With the stove top I could make my own tea at least after I purchased tea bags.

Room Tip: If you want more room book the Wheelchair access room, we had to do that as it was the only non smok...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Rancho Cordova, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2011

We were here on business, and this is a great hotel.
Very roomy, nice staff, everything was nice.
restaurants close by. We were only here overnight, but everything
was great.

Room Tip: not sure but I think they are all suites
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank leahtots
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

We stayed here over Labor Day weekend for a wedding. The hotel was able to pick us up and drop us off at the airport, along with bringing us to another hotel for the wedding. Everyone was very friendly and the hotel was perfect for what we needed.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends