“BED BUGS!”

Ranked #50 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
canada
“BED BUGS!”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Recently stayed here and I can not begin to tell you how dirty this place is and the customer service is very rude.

Booked a no smoking room and as soon as I walked in you could Instantly smell the smoke and the air fresher that was recently spayed in there.

My wife took a shower and the drain didn't work and from the black ring around the tub you could tell it wasn't washed in some time.

Booked the room for 4 days and the first knight I was bitten twice and we packed up our bags and checked out first thing in the morning.

Blood all over the box spring as well.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank curtis240z

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Bloomington, Minnesota
Reviewed 16 August 2011

I don't know where to begin, this is the worst place I've ever been unfortunate enough to stay. First our NON-Smoking DOUBLE room had a SINGLE bed and the room reaked of cigarette smoke beyond anything I can describe. But in a Smoking room, I guess you can expect that - however, we'd booked a NONSMOKING room, and of course, 2 beds, but only got 1 bed in a Smoking room. I stopped counting the ciggy-butt burns in the carpet, since I really didn't want to know how many. The stuff stuck to the ceiling was quite frightening. Drapes missing some of the hooks, bent metal piece in the floor board heater. Spindle missing on the TP holder. The front desk person with a big laundry bin behind the desk folding towels is something I've never seen before. The front desk guy who wasn't able to put us into a different room or give us a rollaway, was actually a decent guy. We were given back the difference for having a single room instead of a double - oh and this res. was paid for IN ADVANCE, so you'd really think you'd get what had already been paid for. What's the opposite of Grand?

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Janelr1
GrandInnFargo, Manager at Grand Inn Fargo, responded to this review, 23 August 2011
I am very sorry you were put in a smoking room. As we explained when you checked in, the families that were homeless due to the flood in Minot, were expected to check out a few days before your arrival date. Fema extended their checkout dates, which meant that I had to move a lot of rooms around. I did not have the heart to tell the families that they had to move out since they had already lost their homes due to the floods. I was going to call the incoming reservations and explain the situation to them and let them book at another hotel but every hotel in the city, within a 50 mile radius was booked for the weekend.

On another note, the smoking rooms will be remodeled in October and we are adding ventilation to the hallways in the smoking area.

We appreciate your input.
Lori- Manager

Travellers are raving about these Fargo hotels

kansas city
Reviewed 4 August 2011

This place is terrible, 20 years overdue for renovation. Old towels, old carpet, old bed linens.
If you wanna know what staying at a flophouse is like. Charged twice for the same room, they said it was our fault because we stayed there before. It took weeks to sort it out and they never apologized. It's dirty and creepy, halls are dark and dreary. They also leave reviews for their own place on other sites so don't believe a good review if you see one.
Trust me.. don't stay here.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank pagerawd
GrandInnFargo, Manager at Grand Inn Fargo, responded to this review, 5 August 2011
This is Lori the hotel manager. I would like to respond to your review. our hotel is not dirty. We just finished painting all of the rooms inside, the hallways, and outside. We also have brand new sheets on all of the beds. I have not had anyone who has been overcharged for several months. We do make errors occasonally but when we find the mistake or it is brought to our attention, we correct it the same day. Being double charged just because you stayed here before does not make any sense. The front desk is never rude.
Hebron, Ohio
Reviewed 25 July 2011

The rooms have a smell about them, and there is one microwave in the lobby for all the units to use. Had to walk a long hallway to the microwave. They had senior citizens on the second floor which means alot of step up and down for them. It took two days to get a working refrig. with no freezer. When I asked room service to clean our room all they did was vaccuum and make our bed with the same sheets we had already slept on for a week. We will never stay here again. The internet was from an outside source.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank dmohr4281
GrandInnFargo, Manager at Grand Inn Fargo, responded to this review, 28 July 2011
I am sorry you did not have a pleasant stay but I think you may have been mistaken about staying here. I am the hotel manager and I have not had any issues with refrigerators for several months and when we do, we replace them the same day. I work 7 days a week so I would know if we had an issue. We do put seniors and guests with special needs on the first floor but some request to stay on the second floor. If you stayed here for a week, your sheets would have been changed every 3 days. We do not normally change the sheets everyday. Had you brought it to the attention of the front desk, it would have been taken care of. Everything you mentioned could have been taken care of if you brought it to our attention.

Lori
Manager
South Lebanon, Ohio
Reviewed 22 June 2011

pros:
reasonable price
very nice,helpful front desk clerk
close to grocery stores and convinience stores that are walking distance.
allow my dog at no extra charge.
provide a continental b-fast
free wi fi in rooms
clean and comfortable.
no bugs.

cons:
noisy kids once in a while running up and down the breezeway
disliked people loitering the parking lot,drinking alcohol.

but all in all,I rested well and it was pleasant place to stay and I stayed here for 3 days and had not one problem at all.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 3 June 2011

Grand Inn Fargo is great place to stay, they offer good services, extremely friendly staff, and is a fairly cheap place compared to other motels in the area. My family stayed in this particular motel couple of times over the years, because we often travel from Toronto to North Dakota. The rooms are good size, clean, have good window view, no noise from other visitors, offers free high speed internet, and affordable. Therefore I highly recommend Grand-Inn, since they provide their customers with excellent services and friendly staff.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Bismarck, North Dakota
Reviewed 23 May 2011

I've stayed at Grand Inn in Fargo on several occasions in the past year and have had good experiences. The latest stay almost was a disaster in that my reservation was inadvertently a problem. All other hotels were booked in the FM area. Lori made it right. She owned the problem and took good care of me and my family who were also staying at the hotel. I will stay there again. You can't beat the price, plus the hotel is close to good dining and a grocery store.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family