“Nice Environment, Watch Out for Glass”

Staybridge Suites Fargo
Ranked #1 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
GreenLeadersSilver level
Winnipeg, Canada
“Nice Environment, Watch Out for Glass”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights for a relaxing weekend away from home with some shopping planned. I only have one HUGE complaint but I will start with the good.

Check in was great and it was very fast. We had a room on the 3rd floor which was nice and it was very clean. The set up of the rooms are different than your "average hotel room" which is a nice change as well. We ate at the complimentary breakfast every morning which was very well presented and they have a lot of different options to choose from. Whether you want to sit down and eat or if you are on the run, they have something for you. Biscuits and gravy, sausages, eggs, yogurt, fruit, waffles, muffins, loaves etc.

Now for the "bad." When we arrived we headed down to the pool to relax in the hot tub after a long drive. When we got there, it was closed and one of the front desk ladies told us that it was because some man broke a glass on the floor. (There are signs not to bring glass in the pool room, duh.) Well, he did, and it shattered. Well anyways, we went out for supper and had a relaxing evening in our hotel room instead. Second day, woke up, had a great breakfast went shopping for about 3 hours and when we got back to the hotel we thought "okay, middle of the afternoon, no one in the pool room, its cleaned up and back open, prime time to go relax." So we did. We spent a good hour in the pool and hot tub and we were about head into the sauna but BAM insane pain in my foot. I sat immediately sat down and pulled about a 2 inch piece of GLASS out of the bottom of my foot!! So anyways, I was bleeding like crazy all of the floor, very deep cut, very painful. Yes I will say that the front desk lady was very kind and caring. I had to fill out an incident report and then I was pretty much confined to my hotel room for the rest of the trip because I could barely walk on it. I feel that once I got all of the paper work done for them it was like it never happened. I never got a call or visit to my room asking how I was doing. Because of this incident, we pretty much drove over 4 hours to sit in a hotel room, in pain. First of all, the "guy that they hired to professionally clean up the glass" did a horrible job, and second, how can you miss that?! We actually took a closer look and noticed over 8 pieces of glass on the floor afterwards. And this isn't a pain that just "goes away" in a couple of hours. I am on my feet all day for work so this greatly affected my work for about a week. We are just really disappointed in the lack of interest, concern and empathy the manager had (which by the way, we never heard from once about it.) We were very disappointed that this was treated like it never even happened. It ruined our weekend and it affected my work.

Room Tip: Ask for the 3rd floor. The floors are very loud when people walk.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Danielle H, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Fargo, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor your feedback is important to us and your comments are instrumental to our success. Thank you for taking the time to point out the good parts of your stay. I am glad that check-in was a great experience and that your room was nice and very clean. I am glad that you enjoyed the breakfast buffet, you are right we do have a lot of different options to choose from. On behalf of myself and the entire Staybridge Suites team I want to apologize to you and your husband we never intended to have any guest have an experience like you had. The safety of our guests is important to us and is our top priority. The front desk lady was actually our Front Office Manager and the Manager on Duty that weekend. Upon hearing of your injury we took it upon ourselves to close the pool area and drain both the pool and hot tub. We wanted to ensure this area was safe before reopening it. I am sorry I was not successful in contacting you last week. I will try to reach you again this week, but if you would like to reach out to me please feel free to do so at danielle@fargostaybridge.com or 701-281-4900. Again, I am very sorry that this happened to you and that it ruined your weekend and affected your work week. I would love the opportunity to visit with you and see what we can do to regain your confidence back in our hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Albany, Oregon
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This hotel is an excellent choice for all types of travelers. I needed a place that was easily accessible to the south Fargo residential area, as well as a place where I could work online part of the day for my job. This hotel is located near the intersection of the two freeways in town, yet the noise factor was minimal. Throughout the stay all of the staff were friendly. The breakfasts were plentiful and tasty and the evening complimentary edibles were a meal in themselves. The internet connection in the room was provided either wired or wireless, and had plenty of speed so that I could work easily over my company's VPN. The hotel is located near West Acres shopping center and near many other shopping areas, yet the location is such that you feel isolated from the business of the shopping district. The suite was very spacious and kept quite clean by the housekeeping staff. The kitchen in the room was adequate with all the appliances in working order. Free shuttle service is provided to and from the airport. During my 6 day stay it felt like I had my own little apartment - with all the perks! I definitely recommend this place to stay especially if you are a business traveler.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay at the Staybridge Suites in Fargo! Thank you for noticing that we are an excellent choice for all types of travelers! Thank you for taking the time to notice that the staff is friendly and provides excellent customer service. We do have a fantastic spread in our complimentary breakfast buffet that we provide daily to our guests. I am glad that you noticed the speed of our internet, we just recently upgraded to fiber and our guests LOVE it! We are conveniently located right off I-94 which provides easy access to anywhere you need to go in the Fargo-Moorhead area. I am glad that you enjoyed your spacious suite with a fully equipped kitchen and that housekeeping kept it nice and clean during your stay. We do offer complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport as well as to and from your place of work. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Fargo for business or leisure travel.
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

Honestly it would be impossible to complain about anything. Everything was perfect or almost, the staff's attention to details was really incredible. Internet is fast and free. The gymnasium is big enough. Recommended.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Tiffany I, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Fargo, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about the Fargo Staybridge Suites hotel! We appreciate your feedback! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our hotel to be perfect. Thank you for pointing out that we offer free wireless internet throughout the entire hotel and that we also have a fitness center on-site. We take great pride in making sure our guests receive excellent service from all of our staff. They will be excited that you made special recognition of them in your review. We are very lucky to have such a wonderful staff!
Again, thank you so much for writing a review and we hope that you will come back and visit us in the future!
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this property for two weeks. My first impression walking in late the first night after check in was how clean everything was. Every morning breakfast was so well done. The staff is so down to earth and friendly. Housekeeping did a fantastic job with my room! I would stay her again and plan on using them every time I go to Fargo. The hotel is so great that there are many people who wont stay anywhere else. Thank you Fargo StayBridge for the fantastic accommodations.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Danielle H, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Fargo, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you for posting a review about us on TripAdvisor your feedback is important to us! I am so glad that your first impression after checking into the hotel was how clean everything is. We talk pride in the cleanliness of our hotel and we are so glad that you noticed and that housekeeping did a great job with your room! Thank you for pointing out our breakfast as we do offer a complimentary breakfast buffet everyday which includes over 25 hot and cold items. We enjoyed your stay as much as you did and look forward to having you back soon!
Bismarck, North Dakota
Reviewed 7 April 2014

A very comfortable and courteous amtopshere provided by the staff and a clean room with all the amenities one could ask for. Great location made it easy to find. Close to many restaurants and shopping

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at the Staybridge Suites in Fargo. I am delighted that you noticed the comfortable and courteous atmosphere that our staff provide to each and every guest. Thank you for noticing the cleanliness of our suites and the great complimentary amenities we provide. We are conveniently located close to the West Acres Mall as well as other nearby shopping centers; not to mention all the nearby restaurants. We hope to see you again next time you travel to Fargo!
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel was hard to get to from shopping etc.
Arrive for check in at 3 pm go up to the room to fond housekeeping still in there cleaning.
Then it is not the right room we booked a two bedroom suite with 2 baths 1 king,1queen,and pull out we got a 1 bedroom suite 2 double beds and pull out not enough room for 4 adults one teen and an infant when we inquire at the front desk they did not have the room available that we booked and were told central reservations does this all the time
It took more than half an hour to figure out what we were going to do as there was not many options for us the front desk staff were so nice and helpful but when I asked to speak with the manager we were told no manager was on duty this weekend ( it was spring break for canadians so that was ridiculous)
Furniture was tattered, room was small housekeeping didn't do the best Job But were helpful when our room was not correct
Won't be staying again because of reservation issues and how difficult it was to get to
Room was too hot even when we adjusted thermostat
Breakfast good

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am very sorry that your room was not ready for you upon your arrival. Our two bedroom two bathroom suites all have one king sized bed and two double beds. We were a full house that weekend and sold out of our two bedroom suites but I am so glad that the front desk was able to accommodate you and move things around so you could have two rooms that were near each other. We are currently in the process of undergoing a renovation and are just waiting for our furniture to be delivered! I would like the opportunity to discuss your stay with you further. Feel free to give me a call at 701-281-4900 or email me at danielle@fargostaybridge.com. I hope to hear from you soon
North Dakota, USA
Reviewed 6 April 2014

After reading the other tripadvisor reviews, I was excited to book here. Unfortunately, I found that it did not live up to the reviews.

Our room was not clean. The bathroom floor had some sort of dirt/grit all over it. Then, I went to use the toilet and lifted the seat to find OBVIOUS dried urine on the seat. Then we went to make up the hid-a-bed with the sheets in the closet. They were in a plastic bag, so I thought clean. They were covered in DISGUSTING sweat stains and who knows what else. The coffee pot was not cleaned. It was just one thing after another.

The breakfast was nice and the front desk friendly.

I will not be staying here again though, based on the dirty surprises I found.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Danielle H, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Fargo, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to Fargo! We value you as a guest and your feedback is instrumental to our success. I am very sorry to hear that your room was not clean upon your arrival. I can assure you that this is not acceptable nor is it up to our brand standards. I have reviewed this review with my housekeeping team and Executive housekeeper to ensure that this does not happen again. We take room cleanliness very seriously and I would like the opportunity to visit with you about your stay. Please feel free to contact me at danielle@fargostaybridge.com or I can also be reached by phone at 701-281-4900. We would love a second chance for you to come back and stay with us so we can show you the true Staybridge experience that our guests RAVE about in these reviews.