“Nice Italian Food”
Review of Johnny Carino's

Johnny Carino's
Ranked #20 of 338 Restaurants in Fargo
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We've eaten here a few times, and the food is good and plentiful. Some parts of the restaurant can be crowded and hectic (and noisy) on busy days. Other than that, it's a good atmosphere - kind of like an evening street cafe but indoors. Fans of Italian food probably won't be disappointed coming here.

1  Thank Patrick D

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We love Italian food, and chose Johnny Carino's both because of the TripAdvisor reviews and the fact that it was only a mile from our wonderful Sleep Inn. The atmosphere is pleasant, and we were seated in a charming little table nook where we felt we had a lot of privacy but were still in the middle of everything. Our server, Tana, was friendly, helpful, and attentive. My husband wanted a vegetarian meal and she was great at helping him create the perfect pasta dish. I had the angel hair pasta with artichoke hearts and chicken, and it was absolutely wonderful -- loaded with capers, black olives, and basil for more taste -- it was so much food I couldn't finish it! I also had the side salad with the chianti vinegarette dressing, which was very tasty. The prices are very reasonable, the food comes quickly (you can see that this is a well-run, well-organized operation, as much of the kitchen is visible to patrons), but you are encouraged to sit and savor your food and the ambiance, and never feel you need to hurry up and vacate your table. We really enjoyed our meal!

1  Thank PATRICIA F
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Best chicken Marsala I've had. Served on a bed of spinach it was perfectly cooked in a sweet wine sauce. Wait staff was courteous and helpful. Wait time and ambiance was perfect. Recommend to anyone.

2  Thank Chuck P
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I came with my family for Mothers Day Weekend, which also happened to be Fargo Marathon. Busy as it was, the food was really good, and generous portions even for kids meals. I liked that they brought the plates out as they were ready. Nice dessert menu too. Only thing lacking was the service. Could be that our server was overwhelmed, but she wasn't very friendly.

1  Thank MBWinterBlues
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I ate here while on vacation in late May. I started with a glass of white wine with lunch. It was crisp, fruity and delicious (do not remember the name of it). For my meal, I had the lasagna and a wedge salad. The wedge was fresh; it included bacon chunks and candied pecans with blue cheese dressing on the side as requested. I enjoyed it very much and did not expect the generous amounts of bacon and nuts. The lasagna was the overall hit of the meal. There were multiple thin sheets/layers of pasta intermixed with cheeses and sauce. Delicate yet bold in flavors. Since I was staying next door at the Best Western Kelly Inn, I ordered a large spinach salad a few nights later only to find the same excellence as I had at lunch. The delivery to poolside was prompt. The salad included fresh bread, oil and herbs. Wonderful. If you are in Fargo, give this place a try for a tasty Italian meal!

2  Thank Patricia_Travels7

Been to Johnny Carino's? Share your experiences!