“Excellent service ... OK food”
Review of Johnny Carino's

Johnny Carino's
Ranked #17 of 340 Restaurants in Fargo
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Very close to our hotel, we chose this place for convenience. The service was first rate, but the food was pretty ordinary. Pasta was and our two chicken entrees were warm enough, but flavoring seemed bland.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

When ever we come to fargo one place we have to go is Johnny Carinos. Great food and great service. I love the open kitchen. Always great food. We will be back.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I know it's a chain, so my expectations weren't high. But they managed still to not meet them. My ribeye was very tough. The garlic in the olive oil for dipping the bread was burned. The chocolate lava cake was cold. It took forever to get a beer. The waitress more or less ignored us. I could go on and on. Just don't go.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

My aunt and I chose this restaurant because it was close by (we were staying by, and heading to a concert at the Fargodome) and Italian sounded good. We absolutely loved this restaurant! First, the atmosphere and decor was great. However the food and service was phenomenal. I wish I would have taken the name of the server so I could have mentioned him to his manager. He was friendly, personable, punctual, and attentive. We couldn't decide between a few dishes and he suggested we go with the 16 layer lasagna. It was the best lasagna I have ever had at a restaurant. It is homemade and absolutely delicious. The bread and oil was also amazing. We couldn't have asked for a better per-concert dinner. If I end up in the Fargo area again, a stop at Johnny Carino's will be a priority. I must have that bread an lasagna again!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

The Wife and I spent forever looking for a good Italian place to eat and someone finally said here after everyone told us Olive Garden which is also good but we have one in winnipeg and wanted to try something different. Johnny Carino's was really nice, great food, great service and we had a good time.

2  Thank 480Jon

Been to Johnny Carino's? Share your experiences!