“Best Western Doublewood”

Ranked #35 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Grand Forks, United States
“Best Western Doublewood”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Overall the nights here at this hotel have been above average. There was one room mix-up but the staff was great at working through the accommodation! The dinner is nice, and staff there are great as well. there had been one or two room cleaning areas that may have gotten missed, but overall a good experience!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Anthony S, General Manager at Ramada Fargo, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Kimberly G

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on your stay. I am pleased to hear that everything is going well for you during your stays! I will certainly be passing along your comments on the food and the staff to the appropriate people! They really do appreciate being recognized for the hard work they put in. We hope to see you back the next time you’re in town!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Larimore, North Dakota
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I reviewed this hotel awhile ago and I wanted to write another one because our experience was much better and we also were part of a banquet to review.
We had a mix up in our reservation, due to the person who was supposed to make it forgot, not due to to hotel error. The front desk staff was quick to accomodate us and was patient while we tried to figure out what to do. Our room was a nice two bed room on the second floor. Very nice and clean and I encountered none of the issues from last time. It seemed updated. We were part of a banquest for around 130-140 people and the buffet was really nice, and the food was great! The staff was excellent and kept hot food coming. All of the tables were set nicely and plates etc were cleared quickly.
We didn't use it but the pool area looked fun. There is a short rock climbing wall that our kids thought looked really fun (ages 15 and 18) We were too busy and tired though. Next time.
The location for this hotel is excellent, it is close to the mall area but on the opposite side of the interstate so traffic getting to the hotel is a bit less busy. Easy access off and on the interstate and close to the crossing of both I29 and I94.
There is no complimentary breakfast, but there was a card in the room advertising a breakfast of eggs, toast and hashbrowns for $2.99, so that seems a good deal.
I am glad we gave it another try and we will stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Anthony S, General Manager at Ramada Fargo, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Sonadorcat

I am very pleased that you decided to give our property another visit! I am delighted to hear that our Front Desk was very accommodating and that we were able to get your group into our hotel. We have really focused a lot of our attention on the training that our housekeeping staff had been given to ensure that the cleanliness issues were cut down. Again, I truly thank you for staying with us again, and I am happy that everything went so well. We hope to see you next time!
Sheyenne, ND, United States
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Dirty carpets with obvious debris left by poor vacuuming. Bed sheet looked slept in with some dirt on it. Sound proofing to the hallway was poor and could hear voices clearly through the door. Another rather angry guest was having trouble with getting his key to open his door.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo

Gail,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your stay. I would like to apologize that we did not meet or exceed your expectations as our guest. I have shared your comments with our housekeeping staff and these issues will be closely addressed. I hope that the next time you are in Fargo you will consider staying with us again.

Travellers are raving about these Fargo hotels

Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Comfortable bed, good window-based climate control. Quiet top-floor end room, pleasant staff. Good shower pressure. But....

Food in restaurant barely edible. Very limited menu anyway. Bathroom wall had unfilled holes from previous towel bar. Existing towel bar cheapest available. Shower curtain supports bent. Towels extremely worn. One cheap shampoo, paper-wrapped soap, plastic cups. No HBO or Showtime on TV. Floor sufficiently dirty that I had to request vacuuming. Some damaged or peeling wallpaper. Wallpaper pulling away from where wall meets ceiling. Small room. Battered furniture.

Fargo offers other options.

Printer broken in Business Center. Couple checking out ahead of me complained of mold "crawling up the walls" in their room.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, be sure to get a top floor room, preferably at the end of a hallway.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Anthony S, General Manager at Ramada Fargo, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Alan F,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your stay at our property. I’m pleased to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of your bed and that our staff was pleasant. I would like to apologize for the other issues you experienced, though. I can assure you that the products we put in our guest rooms are of commercial grade and the shampoo and soap are Best Western approved products. I would also like to let you know that we had to order a new printer for the business center, as the “printer head” went out in the one we did have. It arrived two days after your departure. I hope that the next time you are in Fargo, you will consider staying with us again.
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Stayed here at end of September as we were heading south for a bit. Had a gift card which was the reason we stayed here. Otherwise it would have cost over $100 a nght

At this stage would not recommend this hotel until they picked up their socks and started maintaining the hotel overall. The room we stayed in was small, outdated and worst of all dirty. You could rub your finder along the headboard and take it would be covered in dust. Also the floor by the side of the bed was dirty.

There was no free breakfast but the hotel did have a restaurant in it. We had breakfast there and it was probably one of the greasiest breakfast I have ever had. Like the grill was never cleaned

Other than spending money on upgrades, the cleanliness of both the hotel and restaurant are easy fixes which management should address.

On the upside, the checkin was fast and friendly and the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Anthony S, General Manager at Ramada Fargo, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
gimili,

On behalf of our entire team here at the Doublewood, I would like to apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. I have shared your comments with our Housekeeping Department, Kitchen and Front Desk. I can assure you that they have been addressed and taken care of. I am pleased to hear that you found our Front Desk Staff to be friendly and efficient. I hope that the next time you are in Fargo, you will allow us another opportunity to serve you again.
Fargo, United States
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This hotel meet most of our needs. The restaurant/lounge was a nice amenity, however, paying for breakfast each morning could get spendy... The overall cleanliness of the hotel could be upgraded. A little more attention to detail, could make a vast improvement....Staff was very accommodating regarding requests for extra towels and bedding... Nice pool area and numerous tables and lounge chairs. Great climbing wall and lily pads for kids to play on in pool.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Sarah W,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your stay. I would like to apologize that we did not meet your expectations in every aspect of your stay. I have reviewed your concerns with the appropriate departments to ensure we improve on each detail. I am pleased to here, however, that you found our staff very accommodating and enjoyed the amenities we have to offer! I hope that the next time you are in Fargo, you will allow us another opportunity to serve you as our guest.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We used points to stay at this hotel. Very glad I didn't spend money on this hotel. It was old, pool was dirty and had some strange slimy algae in the corner, hallways were dirty and had a strange odour.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Anthony S, General Manager at Ramada Fargo, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Angela M,

I would like to apologize for not meeting, and exceeding your expectations as our guest. I wanted to touch on the pool issue that you mentioned… What you actually see in the bottom corners of the pool is a buildup of sand. Our pool incorporates a sand filter into it, and slowly but sure some of it sneaks out into the pool. I did pass that note along to our Maintenance staff to be making sure we are staying on top of it so that guests do not get the perception that it is anything but clean and ready to go! Thank you for writing us a review, and we hope that the next time you are in Fargo, you will consider staying with us again.