“Very bad staff”
Review of Ramada Fargo

Ramada Fargo
Ranked #35 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Keep recharging card. Don't know what they are doing. Attitudes and even hang up on you. Terrible. They won't even give me a straight answer. Manager blames general manager and vice versa. Very bad service. Never experienced this before at any other hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013
Anthony S, General Manager at Ramada Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Amy,

I apologize that you were not happy with the way Debit Cards are processed at our facility. As we discussed on the phone, the authorization should have dropped off of your card from the first stay your partner had at our hotel. I trust that the authorization did come off and that everything appears correct on your statement.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Do not stay at this hotel. Experienced numerous problems. Rooms smelt like sewer gas. Food crumbs found in sofa bed. Restauraunt could not even make toast and eggs to our satisfaction. Would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Anthony S, General Manager at Ramada Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Keith,

I would like to apologize that you had experienced issues during your stay and that we did not meet or exceed your expectations as our guest. I can assure you that I have addressed the issues you brought up with our Engineer, our Executive Housekeeper and our Chef. I truly do hope that you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in Fargo.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

For the price, I would recommend the Best Western Kelly Inn as it will be a much nicer hotel than this one and the price isn't much different. They don't offer a continental breakfast. The location is good as it is close to shopping and restaurants. My husband & I stay in many Best Westerns, but must of them are Best Western Plus. We will not be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Jessica,

You are correct when you bring up that we do not offer a continental breakfast. We do have a full service restaurant on site that offers a full breakfast, lunch and dinner. I trust that there were no issues you experienced during your stay, and hope that you may reconsider and stay with us again the next time that you are in Fargo.

Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

We had nothing but problems, when we got there the key cards worked but when we got back they didn't work and after 2 trips to the front desk I called the front desk and they came to the room and they couldn't get in either. I had to slide the card between the frame and the door and broke in. After that the front desk told me to lock the chain but it had already been broke of. Never again!

• Stayed: November 2013

I sincerely apologize that we were not able to meet or exceed your expectations during your stay. Certainly what you experienced was out of the norm and the issue has been looked at by our Engineers. I know you said you will not be staying with us again, but I urge you to reconsider and allow us to exceed your expectations on your next visit to Fargo.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

My stay was pleasant. No noises of any kind to wake me and everyone was very willing to meet my needs no matter what. The establishment was very clean and tidy. It was just like being at home. The beds are so comfortable and its nice to be able to lay in bed, watch tv on a big screen.

Randall,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and felt at home! I hope that the next time you are in Fargo you will allow us to serve you again!

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Overall the nights here at this hotel have been above average. There was one room mix-up but the staff was great at working through the accommodation! The dinner is nice, and staff there are great as well. there had been one or two room cleaning areas that may have gotten missed, but overall a good experience!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Anthony S, General Manager at Ramada Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Kimberly G

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on your stay. I am pleased to hear that everything is going well for you during your stays! I will certainly be passing along your comments on the food and the staff to the appropriate people! They really do appreciate being recognized for the hard work they put in. We hope to see you back the next time you’re in town!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I reviewed this hotel awhile ago and I wanted to write another one because our experience was much better and we also were part of a banquet to review.
We had a mix up in our reservation, due to the person who was supposed to make it forgot, not due to to hotel error. The front desk staff was quick to accomodate us and was patient while we tried to figure out what to do. Our room was a nice two bed room on the second floor. Very nice and clean and I encountered none of the issues from last time. It seemed updated. We were part of a banquest for around 130-140 people and the buffet was really nice, and the food was great! The staff was excellent and kept hot food coming. All of the tables were set nicely and plates etc were cleared quickly.
We didn't use it but the pool area looked fun. There is a short rock climbing wall that our kids thought looked really fun (ages 15 and 18) We were too busy and tired though. Next time.
The location for this hotel is excellent, it is close to the mall area but on the opposite side of the interstate so traffic getting to the hotel is a bit less busy. Easy access off and on the interstate and close to the crossing of both I29 and I94.
There is no complimentary breakfast, but there was a card in the room advertising a breakfast of eggs, toast and hashbrowns for $2.99, so that seems a good deal.
I am glad we gave it another try and we will stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Anthony S, General Manager at Ramada Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Sonadorcat

I am very pleased that you decided to give our property another visit! I am delighted to hear that our Front Desk was very accommodating and that we were able to get your group into our hotel. We have really focused a lot of our attention on the training that our housekeeping staff had been given to ensure that the cleanliness issues were cut down. Again, I truly thank you for staying with us again, and I am happy that everything went so well. We hope to see you next time!