“Good choice.”
Review of Ramada Fargo

Ramada Fargo
Ranked #34 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Reviewed 25 March 2014

The hotel is well located, very clean, and the staff are very helpful and friendly. The grandchildren really enjoyed the pool area with a climbing wall and lily pads. We didn't eat at the hotel, but the restaurant and bar looked very cozy and inviting.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Anthony S, General Manager at Ramada Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Robert C,

I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay! We pride ourselves for offering the best customer service available and there is nothing more important than friendly staff and a clean facility! I thank you for leaving your thoughts with us and we look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Had lunch with a friend at D'Wood's Bar and Grill - We had the Gyro, Cajun Chicken Pasta and Kids Mac and Cheese. All the food was great - I was really impressed with the Mac and Cheese - VERY CHEESY! Great service - quick and friendly. Good prices
(I put this review under the casino by accident, instead of the hotel its self.)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Anthony S, General Manager at Ramada Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Jasmine_Red2282,

I would like to thank you for your continued support of our business and the recognition of our effort that we all put into providing a great product and a fantastic experience. It is always a treat to hear from our repeat customers that each visit we are doing the right things great! We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed 18 March 2014

This hotel is very clean and quiet, but it does not offer a breakfast. You get a $2.99 coupon to eat at the hotel restaurant. We had no hot water for the shower. The tv remote up channel did not work and was wore off of the control. The internet provided in the room was very slow.

Sylvia T,

I am pleased to hear you found our hotel clean and quiet! As you mentioned, we unfortunately do not offer a complimentary breakfast, but do have a full service kitchen open for breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as our lounge. I will be having our Head Engineer take a look at our water heaters to ensure that they are working properly as well as replacing the TV remote in your sleeping room. Lastly, I will follow up with our internet provided to ensure we are getting the appropriate download and upload speed that we should be. I hope that you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in Fargo and looking for a clean, quiet hotel.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

This is an outdated property not worthy of the Best Western chain. The food at the restaurant was a deep fried selection that would have been better prepared at your local café. The bed was old and needed updating. Low water pressure....need I say more?

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Anthony S, General Manager at Ramada Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Gary B,

I apologize that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. I will certainly pass your thoughts along to our Chef on the quality of the food that we are serving as well as have our Engineer take a closer to look to the water pressure throughout the hotel. I do hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

We had a reservation for Feb 17 & 18. As we were walking to our room, we noticed the floor was dirty however I knew they were renovating. Our room had dirt (just needed a good vacuuming) everywhere, a cup in the corner which wasn't ours but was the only cup in our room, and no ice bucket. We called about no ice bucket and were brought a bag and told the hotel was out of ice buckets. What was I to do with the bag that goes IN the ice bucket?!? There was a fridge, microwave, and coffee maker but only 2 places to plug in. Craig, the front desk person, was very professional and accommodating. He offered to upgrade my daughter and I to a suite and let us check it out first. Again, dirt was evident, a chair was broken, lights didn't work, and there was something sticking out from under bed......garbage!! Needless to say, we checked out and asked for our room rate to be reversed. Craig, again, was very professional.
I can do small and no frills but dirt disgusts me. And please don't offer me a 'deal' of $100/night for this!
Mr. Manager, please do not tell me how sorry you are. Simply get your housekeeping staff to do their jobs!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Anthony S, General Manager at Ramada Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

rhuby72,

I am going to tell you how sorry I am. I truly do apologize for the experience you had with us. I have shared your review as well as the pictures with our entire Housekeeping department. There is no excuse for the job they “did”. If it wouldn't be too much trouble, I ask that you contact the hotel ((701)-235-3333) and leave some additional information on your stay as far as the name the room was under or a room number so that we can better pinpoint who needs to have more training. Again, I do sincerely apologize for what you experienced.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

The internet connection was horrible. I could not even stay on for a few minutes before connection went to limited. Also there was only one chair in the room and it was broken. You had to be careful how you sat in the chair as the left part of the chair easily parted from the chair when moving it. We were in room 130. Walls were super thin, I could here next door clearly, the hallway clearly, and the pool side clearly. At times it was very hard to sleep because of the noise coming from everywhere. The room also felt very dark but that might have been because there was no window (it was a poolside room) but even the décor was dark. The room was very small and cramped.
The bar was nice though and convenient to be able to have a few drinks and just walk to the room. I don't think I would recommend this place, I did not choose it and I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Anthony S, General Manager at Ramada Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

L0ve2Travel73

I apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. I will be having our Engineer take a look at the chair in your so that we can correct that problem. I do apologize for the internet connection as well. We had not been notified from any other guests of issues, but I did reset it just to be on the safe side. I hope that you will consider staying with us again despite the issues you experienced during your stay.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

This is our third time here (other than to meet for dinner) and we had a great time AGAIN!! It's nice to see the remodeling going on, luckily it looks like we missed most of it. We attended the Blues Festival for the first time and because we've been here before we knew we would have a GREAT TIME! IT WAS A BLAST!! The food was great as usual (they even had food in blues Fest, nice) and we had a fun time in the lounge afterwards AWESOME STAFF!!! The front desk was very friendly also, we couldn't get into our room right away but they made us feel ok with their attitudes. We could tell there were some unhappy guests but they did a GREAT JOB of keeping their cool (hey, not THEIR fault guys!) and we were happy to wait a little while to check in and TOLD THEM SO in front of the crabby guests!! :) Way to go FARGO!!!

Room Tip: Friendly staff all over!!!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

B C,

Thank you very much for leaving us a review. I am glad you were able to experience Blues Fest that was held here! I was actually here for a majority of that evening too, and it seemed as if everyone enjoyed themselves and the bands were great. Blues Fest for 2014 has actually set a date for 2/7/2015. We hope to see you then, and again soon!