“Bring your own towels”

Ranked #39 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Morden, Canada
“Bring your own towels”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Booked adjoining rooms over the phone. At one point the person taking reservation put the phone down and left me hanging for over half an hour. Did not tell me he was putting the phone down. Eventually I hung up when I could hear a customer yelling hello looking for a worker. Called back to confirm adjoining rooms. Once we checked in, I did not get adjoining rooms as requested. Was able to get rooms across the hall at least. No towels AT ALL. Two rooms, two nights, 6 people, not one towel. No pool towels, no room towels. Had to use a washcloth to dry off after showering. Was told the hotel was full, so that's why there were no towels. Not acceptable. The manager was rude when we asked for towels and snapped at us. We eventually had to wait outside the laundry room to get 2 of the 6 towels that were being dried, and this was our second day there. Manager was friendly to the college male hockey players staying at the hotel, and her friends that were hanging around the front desk, but extremely rude to me, my kids, and my mother. Rooms were not cleaned while we were there either. Cards had to be re-programmed at least 4 times as they always stopped working. You get what you pay for, but I at least expect towels and decent customer service.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
East Grand Forks, Minnesota
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We arrived on a friday afternoon to check-in as we had made reservations for friday & saturday. One room for friday & saturday and one room for saturday. When my daughter arrived on sat. she asked for my room and was directed to room 200 (we were in 120). When I brought this up to the clerk she argued with me and said I had reserved two rooms for friday and only one for saturday. She was very rude saying she couldn't guarantee a room for sat as they were overbooked. Managed to get room for sat but not at the price quoted to me when reservation was made. Bed was comfortable and clean but rest of motel didn't measure up to standards. Only one person had any personality and she had only been there 3 days. We've stayed in Quality Inns around the country and this one doesn't deserve to be in the franch

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Fargo hotels

Woodlake
Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

Until now, since being on Trip Advisor I have given nothing but great reviews. I don't want to be Johnny Complainer. But I can't let this one go. The place was filthy and in need of major renovation. I think there were more friends of staff hanging out then customers in rooms. Went down for breakfast in the morning at 8:00. The place was a mess and nothing left. Don't waste your money.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Selkirk
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

When we first arrived, the person at the desk made us feel like we were an inconvenience. She seemed to think thAt checking us in an hour early would be absolutely out of the question. Luckily another employee arrived and let us into our room. Our cards to unlock our room did not work and at least 4 times we had to get them re-coded! The cleanliness of the room was far from good but the worst part about staying at this Inn was that at 4 different times someone opened our door with a card without knocking!!!!! Lucky for the chain on the door. One of those times was at 2 a.m. When I complained to the front desk, they did not care at all. As well we were booked for 2 nights and several times asked us if we were leaving after the first night. I will not be going back!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Aberdeen, South Dakota
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Pay more to stay somewhere cleaner and with better customer service. The carpeting is old and very dirty. Breakfast is okay. We were traveling with a toddler, and discovered the pool was out of order after we had unloaded everything. We would have looked for another place to stay if we were told about this at check-in. We inquired about a refund if we did try to find another hotel, and were told by the front desk that the manager might be able to issue a refund the next morning if we came back and inquired. We stayed and used the pool at the hotel next door. It’s also a Quality Inn the pool was not very clean.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

If you like staff coming in through the middle of night while your sleeping this is the place to be. MAKE SURE to have all the locks on the door closed at all times if you don't staff just walk in without your consult. There is no organization here and while we were here we had staff visit us several times to see how long we were staying for or just to make sure someone is still using our room. The staff were completely lost onto what was happening in their hotel. While in the lobby there were like six guest they accidentally gave their rooms away so they had to be moved to another hotel.
One night was bad enough.
Never again

Stayed November 2013
Pleasanton, California
Reviewed 28 November 2013

On the positive side, it was quite and the service was good. The breakfast was ok and the pool and spa were working.

So we did have good sleep and decent breakfast and actually relaxed in the pool which is nice given how cold it is and everything we touched was cleaned and nothing smelled bad, so they are actually doing reasonable things to maintain the place, but there are a couple of things I gotta mention.

First one is the carpet. It has stains everywhere - in the hallway, in the room, in the lobby. These are old stains, I think they would need to replace the carpet to get rid of the stains. The second thing is the chlorine in the spa - way too much.

I happened to stay at a few hotels of this chain lately and this one looks definitely below the average level for the Quality Inns.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family