“Do not stay here”

Ranked #38 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Winnipeg, Canada
“Do not stay here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

I will begin by saying there is a fraud investigation under way for this hotel. After a horrible stay in this hotel back in February, where staff went into our room and packed our belongings into garbage bags because THEY had double booked the room, I now find this hotel is charging my credit card without authorization. The one time I stayed at this hotel I booked through a discount hotel website so only provided my credit card information directly to the hotel in case of damages. I recently noticed a transaction on my credit card for $102 debited by Quality Inn East Fargo for a date in May. I did not authorize this transaction as I would never stay at this hotel a second time. I contacted the hotel who advised it was a glitch in their system and at least 12 other credit cards had also been debited. I am now in a fight with the hotel to get the money back. Visa is investigating this as a fraud. I would suggest you not stay at this hotel. Don't risk it.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Janine B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Oroville, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Nice room but exceptionally low level of service. This could be a very nice place to stay, close to shopping and business and the room was nice size but no one there knows whats going on, we had to ask every day for clean towels, and room was only cleaned once in 4 days.

2 Thank dave4q

Travellers are raving about these Fargo hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

I was ripped off severely staying here.I was charged $284.69 plus $98.81 on my credit card and the room was only $166. Nicole Pastones the manager was swearing at me and calling me names.Never stay again

Thank bubbachild .
Steinbach, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

Aweful experience right from the moment we walked in! We arrived to no welcome, a clerk on the phone arguing with someone, a box of beer on the back counter, an employee sprawled across a couch in the lobby.The pool/hot tub were out of order. Our "non-smoking" room reeked of smoke and old urine and looked grimy. We complained and asked for a different room. The clerk was unapologetic and apathetic. We asked if she would like to come smell the room herself and her response was, "Oh, I believe you" like this is a common issue. We tried to use the room phone to call a different hotel but it was sticky to touch and wasn't working. We cancelled our stay at the front desk. The clerk didn't say a word, just gave me a printout confirming my cancellation. No "I'm sorry" or "Have a good day" from this clerk who didn't even make eye contact. Worst service ever!

Moorhead, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

This Quality Inn is in a great location near the Mall and most restaurants. As Quality Inns go the room was a good size with room to spread out with two Queen beds. The bathroom was so small you had to step in and stand by the toilet to shut the door or you could not get in the shower, Also the shampoo was half empty which seems a little strange and nasty did not use. Breakfast was very good with all the usual items plus waffles, eggs and sausage. There is a swimming pool and hot tub both were appeared clean and the pool was very warm. So the only down side was the staff. I was checked in by a young guy wearing a baseball cap sideways and could not even bother to get up off the chair. No benefit here for being Diamond member. A second incident occurred at breakfast when two employees were making breakfast talking about moving in with some guy and getting out of the mothers house. One was wearing just socks walking around and the main person putting breakfast items out looked like he had not changed his hoodie in about a month it was nasty and so unprofessional. And that does not include catching one other employee listening at someones door. Seems all the employees are young and not had any kind of customer training.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Roswellcop
Fort Frances, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

Since we never did actually get to stay I can't comment on the how clean the room was or the comfort of the room since I never saw it. I can say that the hallway carpets were quite spotty and the hallway walls were dirty. The overwhelming chlorine smell as we stepped into the first doors was a bit much too. We stood at the desk and waited and waited. Finally a guy rushes in from outside. All scruffy looking and walks behind the desk, doesn't speak in full sentences and not very polite or welcoming or even a smile or eye contact. Checks us in, hands us keys and tells us our room number. no directions. So we wander off into the hall, up the stairs and to our room. keys don't work. so we take our bags back to the desk, no one there. wait, wait, wait,,, finally the same guy comes blowing in. rekeys our keys. we walk back up the stairs with our bags and try the keys, no luck. back down the stairs we are headed when another guest tells us he had that same room the previous night and couldn't get into the room. The door is not functioning. so back to the desk. we wait, wait wait,, guy blows in again from outside. We explain the situation. He is stumped at first and wants us to try to get a refund on the web site we booked on. Then he wants to let us in with a master key and it's broken. Then he says the hotel is booked solid we are out of luck. I very gently say there has to be a way that we can be helped since I did book well in advance and was promised this, what is he going to do? He runs across the lot and gets a gal from the Econo lodge. They are going to move us there since this hotel is full for the night. Seriously?!? a downgrade?!? I ask about breakfast, a pool, a hot tub. nope to them all. Well, I booked on line, in advance and I was PROMISED these things. So (very sweet gal) agrees to move us to the Quality suites next door. So we load up our vehicle and drive over. She checks us in there, we head to our new room and it's all very fresh, renovated and clean and nice. My first impression was very very bad, I don't know if I would have changed my mind over the course of our two nights but since we didn't even get into the room I can't comment on anything else. Desk clerk that appears professional would be a good start, makes eye contact and greets guests with a good evening etc would also help. In the end we were served well by a very sweet gal, (who made eye contact and greeted us)with an upgrade so it worked out. I am skeptical that this hotel really qualifies for the 2.5 or better star rating that it was given on the site I booked at. With a deep clean and some renovations it might.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Crystal City, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

Stayed here while waiting on a very early morning departure from the airport. The staff were friendly though not that helpful when asked questions about the area. The pool was not open for use while I was there, not sure why. Also there is no elevator for the second floor so if you have issues with carrying your luggage up the stairs I would definitely make sure your room is on the first floor. Room was clean, but everything in the room was unplugged for some reason so I had to go around and plug lights and the tv in.
Overall it was an ok stay for the short amount of time I was there.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo