“Would not recommend - the staff was not truthfull” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn West Acres

Quality Inn West Acres
Ranked #38 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Bismarck, North Dakota
“Would not recommend - the staff was not truthfull”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

We booked 2 rooms back in April 2014 for a trip in July. We arrived to check in around 5:30 and were told that the maids were running behind and our rooms were not cleaned yet. We asked how long the wait would be and were told that they were in the process of cleaning them and it could be 20 min or so. The front desk guy was nice and seemed genuine and gave us a card for a free appetizer at a neighboring restaurant while we waited. I asked him to call my cell when the rooms were ready. At 6:30 he called and told me the rooms were ready.

When we arrived back at the hotel, two new people were behind the desk. The lady told us our rooms were "broken" and did not give any other explanation. She said that they had found another hotel for us to stay at and stressed that they were going to pay for the rooms. At this point we had less than an hour to get checked in and make it to a concert on time so we just headed to the new hotel. The hotel they sent us to advertises as being "low cost alternative lodging" - not even close to a regular hotel/motel. The staff told us that the Quality Inn just called and said they overbooked the hotel and gave our rooms away. The only thing that saved the experience was that it was clean and the staff was friendly, but it did not have any amenities or updates.

I understand that hotels have issues and sometimes overbook people but we did not appreciate being lied to or having rooms we booked 3 months ago given away. It would have been much better if they would have just told us they overbooked from the beginning instead of leading us on and making it sound like we had 2 rooms that both "broke"...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Winnipeg, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

This review is from a combination of four different stays at this location since it's on our regular travel path and close to home. Overall this place is a poor choice but I've used it multiple times because it's cheap, convenient and is in my rewards program so I opt to overlook the numerous downsides.

Starting with staff, I can concur with many of the previous reviews that the lack of professionalism in both appearance and interaction is a common theme here. Staff dressed in stained clothing that most folks wouldn't do yardwork in always seems to be a common trend here. I will say that on my most recent stay this past week that both clerks on duty were the exception to this trend so hopefully changes are afoot.

The curb appeal and first impression of the lobby area are fine and once you enter the hallways the first thought is "i wonder when the last time these carpets got cleaned" To date our rooms have been acceptably clean which has kept me from finding another choice in Fargo. On recent stays we've had a failing TV, a broken computer chair and a towel rack barely hanging on to the wall.

Bottom line here is you are in a $50 hotel and make no mistake you'll know it. My impression is this is a location that the current owner is trying to milk every last penny out of before selling out.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Fargo hotels

Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Room was not ready when we arrived after check in time when asked how long we would have to wait she said she did not know so we asked her to find out. When we entered the room it was musty and smelt of cigarettes, there were dirty towels on the floor and the linen on the bed had stains and pillow case had lipstick on it we asked the person cleaning the next room if our room had been cleaned but he could not understand us so we showed him the linen and he changed it. The bathroom had cracked tiles on the floor and was dirty and the bath had chunks of enamel out of it. Carpet was very dirty on entrance and stairway to rooms but the carpet in the room was not too bad. After spraying the room and using almost a full can the smell did not go away, Spend a bit more like we should have done and stay in something decent

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dowse1
Billings, Montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Though we didn't actually stay at the Quality Inn, the desk clerk, Ashley Brown, was an incredible person and definitely an employee that Choice Hotels should be proud of. After being turned away at a hotel where we DID have a reservation for a room with a recliner, we went to 3 other hotels we thought might have recliners in the rooms (Super 8....which did register us but we didn't stay because the room did NOT have a recliner as promised, Days Inn, and Wingate by Wyndham). Ashley told us they did not have rooms with recliners, and proceeded to help us by googling hotels in Fargo with recliners and calling to verify that they did, in fact, have them. I couldn't believe how she went out of her way for us and we were not paying guests. The lobby where we waited during all of this was spotlessly clean, she was helpful to guests that came in and out, and left her supper to get cold so she could help us. I hope to encounter employees like Ashley in our future travels. Cudos to her! She's one in a million.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sand Springs Ok
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed here for one night. We had a handicapped room, so the bathroom was larger than normal, of course that means the main room is smaller, but it was all clean.
The bath tub bench was very wobbly and one of the rubber feet had been cut through, from use I guess. The pool was still empty, we were told we could use the pool at the Q suites next door, but I didn't feel like walking that far in swim wear.
As others have mentioned, I was not impressed by the staff, seemed more like a party atmosphere than a business with staff hanging out around the front door smoking, or lounging about the breakfast area. There was no mini fridge or microwave in the room, I read that they were available on request. The internet did work well.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank sstraveler
Winnipeg, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

I will begin by saying there is a fraud investigation under way for this hotel. After a horrible stay in this hotel back in February, where staff went into our room and packed our belongings into garbage bags because THEY had double booked the room, I now find this hotel is charging my credit card without authorization. The one time I stayed at this hotel I booked through a discount hotel website so only provided my credit card information directly to the hotel in case of damages. I recently noticed a transaction on my credit card for $102 debited by Quality Inn East Fargo for a date in May. I did not authorize this transaction as I would never stay at this hotel a second time. I contacted the hotel who advised it was a glitch in their system and at least 12 other credit cards had also been debited. I am now in a fight with the hotel to get the money back. Visa is investigating this as a fraud. I would suggest you not stay at this hotel. Don't risk it.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Janine B
Oroville, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Nice room but exceptionally low level of service. This could be a very nice place to stay, close to shopping and business and the room was nice size but no one there knows whats going on, we had to ask every day for clean towels, and room was only cleaned once in 4 days.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family