“Comfy”

Econo Lodge West Fargo
Ranked #46 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
“Comfy”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

SUPER comfy beds & pillows that were very clean, (I could smell the bleach and detergent in the bedding which was a plus & made me even more comfy.) The room was nice and clean.... Good hot breakfast of eggs, bacon and waffles...there was also, boiled eggs, cold & hot cereal and yogurts.. the reception guy was very nice, even though he was tired from working an almost 12hr shift. (some can be crabby after a long day, especially when it's after midnight)..All in all, for just my fiancée and I stopping just to get a couple of hrs sleep before heading out to the Twins Cities AND getting this hotel rm at a low rate just below $60..I have no complaints what so ever.. the rooms are worth more if you ask me...especially since they give free hot breakfast. A recommend for anyone.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Grand Marais, Minnesota
Reviewed 30 October 2013

A clean and inexpensive stay in West Fargo, ND. Try to get an uneven number room because those on the backside of the hotel. Parking is basically on the side with even numbered rooms and there is a large busy Mexican restaurant with their parking on the same side.

Room Tip: Stay in an odd number room
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Richardton
Reviewed 20 October 2013

They had trouble checking us in. If I wouldn't have overheard them tell the people checking in before us about the hot water getting very hot, I would've never known. Be careful the hot water gets very hot, burning hot!! After unpacking, someone with a key came into our room, they gave our room to someone else too! Encountered staff arguing in the hallway. Very loud maids! Desk worker had a very very loud pickup he would start up and ref up the engine periodically, this was very very annoying. It could've been cleaner and unknown stains in furniture. Very thin walls, you heard everything from upstairs people in hallway, etc... We will never stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank D R

Travellers are raving about these Fargo hotels

Owatonna, Minnesota
Reviewed 29 August 2013

The room was comfortable and the bed slept well. There wasn't any local information in the room, but the office did provide us with a TV channel listing. The Internet was down when I tried it,but it did come up later on and I was able to use it. The breakfast area was roomy enough and the food selection was a good variety. It met our needs for an overnight stay. The location makes it easy to get to, being right next to I - 29.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 574MN_traveler
Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this place just because we were in Fargo for a day. Booked on priceline name your own price. All in all I find Fargo way to overpriced for quality. The free breakfast was ok. Rooms clean. Beds comfortable. I could hear next door though so a soft sleeper should avoid. it is a 2 star. Didnt seem that bad. Would i stay again? Usually i bid for 3 stars or 2.5 in Fargo but like i say its overpriced compared to places I've stayed at in Minneapolis. So if I do bid 2 stars yeah I'll take it. Thanks econo lodge west staff.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank snipes91
Swan River, Canada
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Stains of unknown origin all over the furniture. Front desk staff that would rather be elsewhere. Doesn't this place have uniforms for their staff or at least some kid of dress code? Hot tub had a pile of sand(?) in one corner. Furnishings had to be at least 30 years old. Had some reward points that I had to use up before they expired, otherwise this place should be avoided. Stayed at the same hotel 2 years ago and don't remember it being this bad.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Bill D
Starbuck, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I stayed 2 nights at Econo Lodge West as opposed to my usual on the other side of I-29 which was full already. The first night when I arrived the internet was down and they could not check people in...no big deal, I just hung out in the lobby and waited for the service tech. About an hour later with the internet still being off, they gave me a room and told me to come down later. 2nd night the internet was up, but waited 20 minutes to get checked in while others who walked right past me got in immediately. I can live with that, no problem.

What really upset me was 2nd morning I had to leave by 5am, but they were already getting breakfast ready all I was allowed was cereal. When I asked if I could have OJ, she said they don't do breakfast that early. If you've been at these hotels before, you know all you need to do to set up the juice machines is put the tray to catch the overflow. I guess it was too much to ask...

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business