“Ripped off!”
Review of Quality Suites

Quality Suites
Ranked #39 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Reviewed 29 January 2013

Where do I start? We first stayed at this hotel in July 2012 when it was still a comfort suites. It was fairly decent then and very reasonably priced. So we stayed there again in December. We were told that they changed to a quality suites because they didn't have an elevator, but I think its because they can't keep it clean. Anyway, the room was not in good shape, but we thought maybe it was a fluke since we had stayed there before... We were wrong!!! We stayed there again in January, what a mistake. The bed had hair all over it, the bedspread was soiled, when we complained, they said they would bring us new sheets, but never did. My husband had to go get them. The next morning, the shower didn't . Went to the front desk and she said that they would fix it and discount my room $10.00 a night. So we agreed to stay another night, due to it being -30 degrees windchilland having a baby with us. Well, they charged us twice for both nights, the original rate and the discounted rate! The manager won't return my call, so I am seeking fraud charges with my bank. Never again!!! Please save yourself some heart ache and don't stay here!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Adaliam

Reviewed 5 November 2012

We booked this hotel on line for less the $50 so it is hard to complain about it. The rooms were clean if not luxurious for the 2 nights we stayed. Breakfast was decent and a quick way to start the day. We did wonder about the state of the hotel as when you walk to the room the hall had a definite slant to it. And in the room the floor was very shaky as you walk towards the window, and there was at least a 1 inch gap between the top of the wall and the ceiling. All cosmetic issues but adds to your experience. My only other issue is the people attending breakfast that cant read and come in their bare feet. I'm not particularly squeamish but it is a bit gross to see a big guy fetching his coffee and cheerios in his pjs and his bare feet. Put your shoes on please.

Room Tip: Very basic room for not a bad cost.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2012

I was charged twice for the same night...contacted manager Terry 6 times and she wont return the call oand have not received my refund! I was a regular customer so I can't imagine how a first time customer would be served. Terrible service! never Again!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Roger B
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We booked the Comfort Suites via Choice Hotels and then were able to find a better Internet price through another site. Choice gave us the room for free, but Comfort Suites had no record of it (we had brought the print out with us). The clerk decided to honor it, but we were later charged for the room although our receipt showed $0.00. We're in dispute with Comfort Suites....according to them, we supposedly booked for two nights which is why we were charged later. Funny thing though..our receipt and reservation paperwork all show one night.

The place is tired looking but clean. Several things (ice machine, etc.) were broken. It was fine for an overnight stay, but disappointing if we had to actually of paid the $137.00.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Teresa F
Reviewed 28 June 2012

This was the only hotel we could get on a Tuesday night @ 8:00 pm. This property is terribly run down but passably clean. The breakfst was pretty good, the girl kept it stocked well right up to 9:00 when it shut down. The breakfast girl deserves a better service rating than the frontdesk clerk.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I stayed at the Comfort Suites with a coworker for an educational conference. We thought we had booked the Country Suites but were ok with the Comfort Suites as the one in Bismarck wasn't too bad. The smell of the building was terrible. It smelled of mold and the rooms were so humid the windows had condensation on them. When the a/c was put on it smelled like mold. Ironically we were there for a pulmonary conference. When asked for a different room they said they were full. The breakfast was not set up and there was nobody to be found to get change when needed. After finding out how lovely our coworkers had it at the Country Suites I went to the front desk hoping they had an explanation as to our extremely high rates (higher than they quoted on phone but would not give back because it was after 4)... They were "mid renovation" according to the front desk and assured me they would have the manager call but instead one of the front desk girls called, I know this because I could see them on the phone while I was still parked out front waiting for my coworker to get her bag. I was thoroughly disgusted. The service was poor and the room was gross. However we did get to use the hotel as an example at my speech in front of half the physicians in the state, as an example of how people die of lung infections from molds and fungi. :)

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 May 2012

For a 100 dollar a night hotel how can SO many things be broken.
Hot tub broken, pool heater broken, ice maker broken, back door lock to get into hotel broken, printer on computer to print boarding pass broken, security lock on room door gone.
Felt like this was a motel 6 not a comfort Suite.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family