“Black Friday weekend”

Ranked #37 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Fargo
“Black Friday weekend”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Upon arriving, we were asked to sign a document saying we would be responsible for a surcharge should we smoke in the room. When we arrived to our room, it smelled of smoke. Staff was very busy and were unable to speak with us. We tolerated, but it was nothing better than an average hotel. ratings had been 4-4,5 stars, but I find 3 would better represent this hotel. We did not us the pool, it was dirty.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 Thank L J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Minot, North Dakota, United States
Reviewed 6 October 2013

The room was very nice. One of the lamps was broken (the bulb was loose and so was the knob, but I couldn't seem to get them to tighten, like the threads were stripped or something), but it didn't affect my stay enough to make a fuss about it at the time. The bathroom with the whirlpool tub, which was admittedly a large part of the appeal when I was looking at listings, was gorgeous. The bed was comfy. Can't really complain there. Unfortunately, problems crop up in other areas. The breakfast room is more appropriate for an "Inn" than a "Suites". Fairly standard waffle maker, assortment of breads and bagels, some cereals...and that's about it. Not much of a hot food selection there. The "business center" is a computer that isn't even attached to a printer. In order to print off Google Maps to get us downtown the desk clerk had to heft the monitor and keyboard for the front desk computer up onto my side of the counter, and credit is due to her for not unhooking cables in the process. Unfortunately, that's about the only credit I can give her, the biggest problem. When I came out in the morning to inquire about a laundry bag, she was applying lotion to a fresh tattoo and didn't even look up at me when saying the bag was in the closet. When I came back around to check out and print said Google Maps, she was on the phone and computer trying to book a flight for herself to Texas and was needless to say not impressed that I kept interrupting the process, let alone interrupting it by requiring her computer. I wish I could get away with making personal calls at work, there have certainly been occasions where it would make my life easier. I'm totally okay with people texting under counter tops as long as their attention comes back to me, having a full out phone call in front of me is tacky.

I'd consider staying here again, but admittedly, I'd look at other options first.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jonathan A
Lorette, Manitoba
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Will definitely come back. Staff was courteous with a quick and easy check in. Everything appeared to be clean including the entrance and hallways leading to the suites. The room was a bit musty smelling, however, again everything was clean. The room was a good size and nicely decorated, came with a fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Bed was REALLY comfy.

Too bad the pool and hot tub were out of commission.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SeineLady
near winnipeg
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Came when the pool was out of service but staff was very apologetic and accommodating. They upgraded out room to a Jacuzzi room at no extra cost when they found out that we wanted to use a hot tub which was broken. Room was clean and well fitted with the usual equipment. The continental breakfast Is the full deal with scrambled eggs and sausages, not the cheap waffle and apple only minimum. Coffee was a bit weak. Breakfast ends at 9:00am. A bit early for us vacationers! They should keep it going until 10:00. Simple clean rooms and decent price. Would stay here again. Choice Privileges membership helped get the upgraded room. The bed mattress was a bit aged but had nice pillows. Some odd little quirks... the bathroom taps are so close to the edge that it's hard to get things under running water and the hair drier is mounted too low. Great for midgets or blow drying the pubes I guess. :P

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Owosso, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Wish the clerk would of refunded my money and let me go to another hotel like I asked.
Upon arriving the desk clerk (She has worked there for years she said) Was wearing jeans and a raggy T shirt was sitting up on the counter chatting with someone else....Very Rude...
Gave me keys to my room. I stuck the key in the door opened it up to find a man laying on his bad with a woman between his legs.....He Screamed out and I appologized.
When I went to the clerk to tell her the room was occupied she goes,.. "Oh there was no slip for that room number, here ill get you another room"...I was told that all other rooms were sold out and she only had rooms that are out of order in them.
She placed us in an out of order room after refusing to give us a refund...and let us leave....The A/C did not work...The Tv had a large black strip right down the center of the tv.
When I returned to the desk there was now 3 people all in jeans and t shirts just chatting.
Very poor Service....Breakfast was not replenished so everything was gone even though there was still over an hour of breakfast left. and the girl at the desk was busy on her phone.
The bed was comfortable we had been driving for over 10 hours .

Took me talking with her for over 20 mins asking for her managers name and number, I have called and left 2 messages for him now and he has not returned my call.
Not what I expected from a choice hotel by any means.

Hot tub was out of order, and she said its been like that for months.

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs....Poor Trained staff in customer service. Places you in out of order rooms to a...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Fargo hotels

Apple Valley, Minnesota
Reviewed 4 August 2013

There was very little positive about our experience at this hotel with the exception of roomy beds and average cleanliness of the room. The customer service was non-existent throughout our stay. At the check in, the young man gave absolutely no information other than providing the door cards. I had to ask about the best place to park and later called to find out breakfast hours. The first time I called the desk, I got an answering machine. The outer doors were frequently not latching at night and were unsecured. We stayed on first floor and I was awoken by people walking in the room above us at 3:30 AM and 7:45 AM. Our wake up call was a series of beeps - no human interaction. The breakfast was a joke. I waited in line to make a waffle only to find that the batter was empty when I got there. It took the woman 10 minutes to refill the batter! In the meantime, she carried in one tray of yogurt, a second tray of yogurt and was then cleaning counters and restocking supplies BEFORE she got to the batter. The waffles each take 2 minutes to cook so logic would suggest that it would be the FIRST priority before setting out food that does not require preparation or taking time to restock basic items. These events transpired 1 hour PRIOR to the end of breakfast. The pool was chipped around the edge, there were no clean towels in the morning (only piles of dirty ones) and the whirlpool was broken. The hallway carpet was soiled and loose. There were literally French fries in the hallway and pool and piles of creamer and sugar packets on the floor of the hallway, all in the morning. There did not appear to be any urgency to clean the hallway or pool or to remove hampers full of soiled towels from the pool area. There were no papers available on the day we checked out. Official checkout is 12 noon. At 11:55 AM, there was no one in sight at the desk. Eventually a woman came in from the outside and said, "Do you need something?" as I stood at the counter as if I was interrupting her smoke break. The "Quality Services" lingo is ironic to say the least as the actual services are so extremely poor. We would NEVER stay here again and would advise other travelers to avoid this hotel at all costs.

Room Tip: Although there is no elevator, choose a room on 2nd floor unless you want to hear the people staying...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family