“Will never stay there again!”
Review of Quality Suites

Quality Suites
Ranked #37 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Made reservations months in advance for an annual trip with the girls Christmas shopping. In spite of checking several times during that time, the hot tub didn't work. Check other reviews of their hot tub. Even called ahead the DAY we were arriving and they flat out lied and said it was working. At check in other guests were at the front desk complaining it hadn't worked their entire stay. Got a room for three of us, supposed to be a queen size fold out bed in the room and there was, but no bedding for it and the mattress was thin and torn. Safety lock came off in my hand when I opened the door. Breakfast WAS good, but it was offered till 9 am and the food was gone before 8 am. I have never done it before, but reported them to the BBB. We were upset since this is our one night together annually and things weren't as promised.

Room Tip: If you want a place to sleep overnight you are fine, if you want to use the hot tub, don't count...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michelle H

Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

The room was dirty, the carpet had a dust perimeter all the way around the room! No hot water to take a shower in the morning! My wife's bed had stained sheets from who knows what! When went to the front desk to ask for a blanket for the sofa sleeper they told us they gave out the last one, without even a sorry! At the check-in the desk person was to involved in a conversation for attention for us! Overall don't waste your time to stay here! Also the sidewalks in the back parking lot were not cleared of snow and ice and I almost fell!! So referring to my title of my review buyer beware!!!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Garett W
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Stayed here for two nights. Room was pretty clean, but could have used vacuuming around the wall edges with an edging tool. Dust was noticeable in spaces between walls and fridge, walls and hideaway bed, etc. Otherwise, room was decent, bathroom and towels were clean, and bedding was clean -- two VERY important things to me! The bed was comfortable and heat was easily adjusted in the room. Free breakfast was the usual waffles, biscuits and gravy, pastries, yogurt, fruit, oatmeal. Lots of choices for coffee and juice! Nice decor throughout the hotel. Hot tub was out of order. :( Didn't have time to try the pool. Overall, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I would ask for 2nd floor, to avoid noise from above.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We reserved and paid for a room 12/7/13,upon arriving to check in at 10:30 pm, we were told our room "was broke" and we would need to go elsewhere as they were over booked. I politely explained the room was prepaid and we expected comparable accommodations. The attendant was clueless, initially he offered a room at the Super 8, I explained that was unacceptable and asked to see a manager, he called the manager on the phone who after pleading our story, relented to offer a room at the Econolodge, two doors down. We had already unloaded our bags so after loading back up again we preceded to the Econolodge. Of course the attendant there was not aware of any of this so a couple calls later we finally were given the ok to check in. Bare bones accommodations, no pool or hot tub, paper thin walls,etc. At 3:00, we were awoken to a couple of drunk girls having a cat fight in the hallway. Apparently one of the drunk girls had been hitting on the other drunk girl's potential future husband prospect at the bar a couple of hrs ago. We got the whole story! This is the first negative hotel review I've done in my life however I was compelled to write this as the service truly sucked!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank poobapooba
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Upon arriving, we were asked to sign a document saying we would be responsible for a surcharge should we smoke in the room. When we arrived to our room, it smelled of smoke. Staff was very busy and were unable to speak with us. We tolerated, but it was nothing better than an average hotel. ratings had been 4-4,5 stars, but I find 3 would better represent this hotel. We did not us the pool, it was dirty.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank L J
Reviewed 3 December 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Clinton K
Reviewed 6 October 2013

The room was very nice. One of the lamps was broken (the bulb was loose and so was the knob, but I couldn't seem to get them to tighten, like the threads were stripped or something), but it didn't affect my stay enough to make a fuss about it at the time. The bathroom with the whirlpool tub, which was admittedly a large part of the appeal when I was looking at listings, was gorgeous. The bed was comfy. Can't really complain there. Unfortunately, problems crop up in other areas. The breakfast room is more appropriate for an "Inn" than a "Suites". Fairly standard waffle maker, assortment of breads and bagels, some cereals...and that's about it. Not much of a hot food selection there. The "business center" is a computer that isn't even attached to a printer. In order to print off Google Maps to get us downtown the desk clerk had to heft the monitor and keyboard for the front desk computer up onto my side of the counter, and credit is due to her for not unhooking cables in the process. Unfortunately, that's about the only credit I can give her, the biggest problem. When I came out in the morning to inquire about a laundry bag, she was applying lotion to a fresh tattoo and didn't even look up at me when saying the bag was in the closet. When I came back around to check out and print said Google Maps, she was on the phone and computer trying to book a flight for herself to Texas and was needless to say not impressed that I kept interrupting the process, let alone interrupting it by requiring her computer. I wish I could get away with making personal calls at work, there have certainly been occasions where it would make my life easier. I'm totally okay with people texting under counter tops as long as their attention comes back to me, having a full out phone call in front of me is tacky.

I'd consider staying here again, but admittedly, I'd look at other options first.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends