“Better training needed”
Review of Quality Suites

Quality Suites
Ranked #37 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Manager. This one is actually for your eyes that is of course if you read these reviews.

You need to better train your staff. Upon check in front desk clerk tried their best to upgrade room in the system, couldnt figure it out after 30 minutes.

Next, tried to give receipt for cash payment. Once again,couldn't figure it out.

Lastly, kids running around upstairs in hallway all night and all morning with no supervision. Not smart in this day and age. Come on management take better care of your staff and your guests.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank tonyvas328

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I stayed in this motel for three days in mid March. 1st day at the breakfast bar the scrambled eggs and sliced bread were empty When they were finally replenished, the eggs were cold. Later that day the hot tub was out of service. Needed to send a fax but they told me their fax wasn't working.
There was no printer in the "business center". The third morning the hot water heater was not working. When I called the front desk to inquire about the lack of hot water for a shower I received a matter of fact, it will be fixed by noon. No apology, not even a hint of sorry in the voice.

I normally will choose a Choice Hotel chain motel because I have trusted in a level of quality and reasonable price. Obviously will never stay at this motel again.

Room Tip: There is an AmericInn next door. Go there.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Richard H
Reviewed 5 March 2014

As a Choice hotel member I have looked at this property several times and passed,based on using Priceline for a better price elsewhere. I gave it a try and found its exactly what you pay for...that is....paid mid range money for a mid range hotel...nothing was incredible and nothing was horrible...outside appearance is good, parking lot clean. Lobby was nice with chairs for sitting with check in being fast and precise. Asked for usual room at the end of the hall upper level. Room was of average décor and about an 8 on cleanliness I would repeat without having to think twice. Found the best price using my AAA card

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Made reservations months in advance for an annual trip with the girls Christmas shopping. In spite of checking several times during that time, the hot tub didn't work. Check other reviews of their hot tub. Even called ahead the DAY we were arriving and they flat out lied and said it was working. At check in other guests were at the front desk complaining it hadn't worked their entire stay. Got a room for three of us, supposed to be a queen size fold out bed in the room and there was, but no bedding for it and the mattress was thin and torn. Safety lock came off in my hand when I opened the door. Breakfast WAS good, but it was offered till 9 am and the food was gone before 8 am. I have never done it before, but reported them to the BBB. We were upset since this is our one night together annually and things weren't as promised.

Room Tip: If you want a place to sleep overnight you are fine, if you want to use the hot tub, don't count...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michelle H
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

The room was dirty, the carpet had a dust perimeter all the way around the room! No hot water to take a shower in the morning! My wife's bed had stained sheets from who knows what! When went to the front desk to ask for a blanket for the sofa sleeper they told us they gave out the last one, without even a sorry! At the check-in the desk person was to involved in a conversation for attention for us! Overall don't waste your time to stay here! Also the sidewalks in the back parking lot were not cleared of snow and ice and I almost fell!! So referring to my title of my review buyer beware!!!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Garett W
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Stayed here for two nights. Room was pretty clean, but could have used vacuuming around the wall edges with an edging tool. Dust was noticeable in spaces between walls and fridge, walls and hideaway bed, etc. Otherwise, room was decent, bathroom and towels were clean, and bedding was clean -- two VERY important things to me! The bed was comfortable and heat was easily adjusted in the room. Free breakfast was the usual waffles, biscuits and gravy, pastries, yogurt, fruit, oatmeal. Lots of choices for coffee and juice! Nice decor throughout the hotel. Hot tub was out of order. :( Didn't have time to try the pool. Overall, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I would ask for 2nd floor, to avoid noise from above.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We reserved and paid for a room 12/7/13,upon arriving to check in at 10:30 pm, we were told our room "was broke" and we would need to go elsewhere as they were over booked. I politely explained the room was prepaid and we expected comparable accommodations. The attendant was clueless, initially he offered a room at the Super 8, I explained that was unacceptable and asked to see a manager, he called the manager on the phone who after pleading our story, relented to offer a room at the Econolodge, two doors down. We had already unloaded our bags so after loading back up again we preceded to the Econolodge. Of course the attendant there was not aware of any of this so a couple calls later we finally were given the ok to check in. Bare bones accommodations, no pool or hot tub, paper thin walls,etc. At 3:00, we were awoken to a couple of drunk girls having a cat fight in the hallway. Apparently one of the drunk girls had been hitting on the other drunk girl's potential future husband prospect at the bar a couple of hrs ago. We got the whole story! This is the first negative hotel review I've done in my life however I was compelled to write this as the service truly sucked!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple