“Great, friendly staff and wonderful rooms!!”
Review of Quality Suites

Quality Suites
Ranked #37 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Reviewed 30 January 2010

We were staying in Fargo due to a family funeral. The Hotel manger was extremely sensitive to our situation and gave us a very good rate. When we arrived the manager was working at the front desk and he was extremely engaging, courteous and helpful. The hotel was in a good location right down the street from the mall. That came in handy as we found out that in our hurry to pack we didn't bring everything we needed for the trip and had a little shopping to do. Our rooms were very spacious and clean and the bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in. The swimming pool was nice but the hot tub kept breaking and the manager needed to keep fixing it for us. The breakfast was pretty good as well. When I stay in a hotel the two most important things to me are the quality/cleanliness of the room and how friendly/helpful the staff is. This hotel certainly isn't 5 star, but in our opinion it scored high where it matters and was an excellent overall value.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 September 2009

Stayed here for one night on our way back from Theodore Roosevelt National Park. As with most Comfort Suites, the room was large, clean, and comfortable. Beds and pillows were excellent. Everything was in working order. The staff was courteous. We did not stay for the complimentary breakfast. Generally I don't care for continental breakfast spreads at hotels, but relatively speaking, it looked like one of the better ones including hot make-your-own waffles. All this came at a very reasonable price. Note that this location is two stories and does not have an elevator which is the only drawback I found at this location and could pose a problem for disabled or elderly. Would definitely recommend and stay again.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2009

I stay in a number of Choice Hotels around the country every year and this one is by far the most disappointing one I have stayed at. After reading several of the other reviews I had to give my two cents. I agree with the front desk person assesment. The gal that waited on us was more interested in getting outside to smoke then getting us checked in. Being a choice privilage member I asked for a room upgrage as it did not appear from the looks of the parking lot they were very busy. I was told that the manager said to never give upgrades, I mentioned the Choice Privelage club and she got a deer in headlight look, like what am I talking about. No big deal. Upon opening the room door, the heater was running and sounding like a freight train coming through. The carpet in the room could have been vacumed a little better, but the bathroom was nice, big and clean.
The breakfast room had plenty of tables available but the selection of items was pretty well picked over and it did not seem that the host was to interested in putting out any new items.

Overall I was very disappointed with this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 August 2008

We have stayed in several Comfort Suites and like them because they have a separation between the bed area and a couch and work area. This one, however, didn't measure up in quality to the others we've tried. The room seemed smaller and more cramped.

When we came into our assigned room, it was not very cool. Going to turn the AC down, I discovered that it was already set on the highest cooling level with just the fan blowing. When the compressor finally kicked in, it was so noisy that we knew we could never sleep with that going on. I went to the front desk and explained the situation, asking for a different room, as the one we had obviously needed maintenance. No apology was offered for us needing to move our luggage, etc., but another room was issued without complaint. However, the desk clerk did ask whether we had used anything in the bathroom, etc. I said no we hadn't. That indicated to me that they were going to issue this room to another party and hope they wouldn't complain!!

The second room we were given was fine. The AC worked, didn't sound like the local freight train, and it turned out to be an o.k. stay. Breakfast the next morning was adequate, etc.

I explained again as I checked out the next morning that the original room needed maintenance. Hopefully it was done. But those sorts of problems should be caught by housekeeping and never require the guests to have to change rooms.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 December 2007

We chose this hotel because of the rooms. Large rooms, with 2 queen beds and a pull out bed. Ours was supposed to be a non-smoking room, which it was, but clearly it was used as a smoking room before as it smelled. Walls were yellow, found cigarette butts on floor, wallpaper was peeling off. Bathroom was nice and clean. Would recommend this hotel to a larger family. Front desk agents were helpful and friendly. Location was alright, once we found the hotel. Avoid the continental breakfast unless you plan on getting up at 6:00am to get a table and food. When we got down to the breakfast room at 8:00am, things were picked over and there was no where to sit. We ended up at Perkins for a much better meal. Pool was nice, but the hot tub was way too hot and over-chorinated. We couldn't use it as it burned our eyes. Overall, don't expect too much but it really isn't that bad. We would only choose this hotel again as a last resort if our other hotel choices were not available.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 September 2006

For a moderate to budget priced property, the Comfort Suites in Fargo has a lot going for it. However, addressing some areas would change our impressions of this hotel from an average one to a great one.
I always collect frequent flyer miles and have done so at several Choice Hotels properties in the past. The person at the desk on this occasion, however, wasn't even aware that the proerty awards miles and did not have any idea how to do so. She did not go particularly out of her way to find out about this and there was no one else to turn to as the person at the desk was the assistant manager. She said that she would call Choice Hotels head office but I never heard anything further about this. I placed a call to the toll free Choice Hotels phone line and easily had my frequent flyer account added to the booking.
The property's common areas were immaculately clean and the location is convenient to Fargo's shopping areas, with ample dining choices nearby. The room was nice and clean except that the prior occupant's food had not been cleaned out of the fridge and the microwave had obviously not been cleaned. As well, the room was arranged in a way so that you couldn't really watch TV while sitting on the sofa. The bathroom, bed and expected amenities were excellent. The advertised "hot breakfast" was disappointing.
Upon checking out, there was no one in the lobby and I had to wait 10 minutes before staff showed up to check out. We had a flight to catch but fortunately we had time for this; I would have been annoyed had we been more pressed for time. Even with this said, it turned out that we didn't really have to formally check out if payment was to be made with the credit card supplied; however, the check out paper slipped under the door in the early morning hours did not indicate this.
Overall, this a clean, well-kept property that is a good value for the price. With added emphasis on service and details, this could potentially be an excellent place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 November 2005

This hotel is basically as you would expect for a middle end hotel.

The hotel was generally clean (except one dirty sheet found in the dresser). The hotel has all the basics - free internet, free breakfast, and an indoor pool.

• Stayed: October 2005, travelled on business